Who Will be the BAF of the Next Spider Man Wave?

Crossbones666

I have started to want Grizzly recently (mostly because i want a swappable head for Ursa Major) and with White Bunny announced and given that they have fought before, I think he could be it.

Other choices I have are Man-Spider (it's still my number one Spidey baf), Morlun (or any of the Inheritor) and Spencer Smythe's modern Spider Slayer

5 hours ago, michiganjfrog said:

im hoping ps4 rhino

Besides the Vulture and Shang Chi, the wave doesn't have a lot of iconic, very popular characters. At least in my opinion. I think they need a strong BAF.

Usually Spider Man BAFs are villains, but who's left to make, that could be a strong BAF?

I mean, there are plenty of characters for sure, but not as popular as we had for BAF in the past: Rhino, Sandman, Venom, Lizard, Kingpin...

It could be that this is a PS4 wave, so a strong character from PS4 could be the BAF, like Rhino.

It better be a much in demand character that most everyone would wanna get cuz this wave asides from Vulture & Shang Chi, is about as bad as the KP wave. The well of good Spiderverse characters has bout run dry imo. Instead of another umpteenth spiderman, they could have included classic Tarantula & classic Hector Ayala White Tiger.

10 hours ago, DJ_Ole said:

Besides the Vulture and Shang Chi, the wave doesn't have a lot of iconic, very popular characters. At least in my opinion. I think they need a strong BAF.

Usually Spider Man BAFs are villains, but who's left to make, that could be a strong BAF?

I mean, there are plenty of characters for sure, but not as popular as we had for BAF in the past: Rhino, Sandman, Venom, Lizard, Kingpin...

It could be that this is a PS4 wave, so a strong character from PS4 could be the BAF, like Rhino.

I haven't gone crazy over a baf in ages,but id leap on the ps4 rhino lol

I would be happy with a larger figure character, even if they were not originally a Spider-man villain per say - heck he's pretty much battled everyone at this point, so I vote for Stilt Man, Armadillo, Porcupine, Super Adaptoid, Titanium Man, or the JJJ Spiderslayer armor/robot.

Morlun is my top choice.  But I would also be super stoked to see Stegron.  I hope it's not Frogman honestly, because while the wave for me personally is stronger than the Kingpin wave, I'd still like to see a compelling character to sweeten the deal.

13 hours ago, DJ_Ole said:

Morlun is left, and there are few characters outside of the most classic of his rogues gallery that have left a lasting impact on Spidey quite like Morlun.  

19 minutes ago, greenlucario said:

Morlun is my top choice.  But I would also be super stoked to see Stegron.  I hope it's not Frogman honestly, because while the wave for me personally is stronger than the Kingpin wave, I'd still like to see a compelling character to sweeten the deal.

Morlun is left, and there are few characters outside of the most classic of his rogues gallery that have left a lasting impact on Spidey quite like Morlun.  

I assume we're all talking about The Eugene/Vincent Patillio Frog-Man (a.k.a. Leap Frog), and not the Francois LeBlanc Frog-Man of the Ani-Men.  Personally, I would be beside myself if Leap-Frog was the BAF.  Certainly more so than if it was Morlun.  But then, I kind of hated every minute of Straczynski's Spider-Man run.  I imagine Hasbro could get some mileage out of a Morlun sculpt, though.  I'm thinking of Sebastian Shaw, Shinobi Shaw, and Mr. Sinister off the top of my head.

Just now, MonsterChris said:

I assume we're all talking about The Eugene/Vincent Patillio Frog-Man (a.k.a. Leap Frog), and not the Francois LeBlanc Frog-Man of the Ani-Men.  Personally, I would be beside myself if Leap-Frog was the BAF.  Certainly more so than if it was Morlun.  But then, I kind of hated every minute of Straczynski's Spider-Man run.  I imagine Hasbro could get some mileage out of a Morlun sculpt, though.  I'm thinking of Sebastian Shaw, Shinobi Shaw, and Mr. Sinister off the top of my head.

I hadn't thought of Shaw coming from a Morlun base, that only makes me want this to happen more.  To each their own on Straczyniski's Spider-Man run.  

I'm gonna go with either Stilt Man or Mister Hyde. I just can't think of anything else. We've gotten to that point where we've officially run out of legitimate "Big" characters to use as the BAF. Eventually they're gonna have to revert to standard sized characters with complicated sculpts (Smythe or Swarm) or standard characters with larger accessories.

Has anyone given a thought that it may be a comic style Iron Spider? Would people be that upset about it being on the small side?

51 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I'm gonna go with either Stilt Man or Mister Hyde. I just can't think of anything else. We've gotten to that point where we've officially run out of legitimate "Big" characters to use as the BAF. Eventually they're gonna have to revert to standard sized characters with complicated sculpts (Smythe or Swarm) or standard characters with larger accessories.

Has anyone given a thought that it may be a comic style Iron Spider? Would people be that upset about it being on the small side?

I would love seeing a new comic iron spider, and it may make for a small baf but itll still be better than mantis and Okoye

14 hours ago, monron999 said:

As long as they did it right I'd be fine with it, but it'd have to be mainly metallic.  Also it would need the arms to be at least as good as the Infinity War 2 pack ones, heck I'd even be fine if it got those for re-use.

15 hours ago, monron999 said:

Honestly the first thing I thought of when I saw the MCU version was that we were getting a new Iron Spider. Just reuse the arms from that suit and make a new upper torso for the Pizza Spidey to attach them. They could even use the legs for a new (and proper) Superior Spider-man, Parker's Superior Spider-man (from the SM and Deadpool series) and Lady Spider from the Spider-verse (who I still can't believe hasn't gotten a figure.)

15 hours ago, monron999 said:

What!?  Off the top of my head, without including anyone whose already been done (even by Toybiz), the two you mention above, or anyone who should really be done 12"-16" or not at all:

Uatu; The Awesome Android; Mark I Sentinels; Box; Spider-Slayer marks II, III, V, VIII, XII, XIV, XV, and XVI; Nimrod; Grizzly; the other Grizzly; Mangog; Armadillo; Bi-Beast; Dreadnoghts; Stegron; MODAM; The Super Adaptoid; Proteus; The Supreme Intelligence; Age of Apocolyspe Abyss; certain versions of Titanium Man; The Living Tribunal; and Ursa Major.

Edit:  I reckon now that maybe you were talking strictly about just Spider-Man characters.  In which case, yeah, definitely fewer choices, but they've still got some options.

15 minutes ago, michiganjfrog said:

if an iron spider isn't in this wave I got to get a set of legs to put on the velocity suit figure, I liked that combo in the game

Not promoting that kinda thing but I bought a knockoff SH Figuarts MCU Iron Spider-Man off Evilbay cuz the price was just too damn good and I gotta say the legs that came with it were quite good (no offense, Cannonball). If you wanna do some customizing I'd say start with that one. And the price was less than your standard Legends.

1 minute ago, monron999 said:

Not promoting that kinda thing but I bought a knockoff SH Figuarts MCU Iron Spider-Man off Evilbay cuz the price was just too damn good and I gotta say the legs that came with it were quite good (no offense, Cannonball). If you wanna do some customizing I'd say start with that one. And the price was less than your standard Legends.

thanks for the tip! might as well go for that one instead of a legends at that price

and I hope the velocity suit has a peg hole or something to sort of go by