Gigantor

Eternals movie wave BAF needs to be...

a long overdue in scale classic comic Thanos! Let's face it, hardly anyone outside of hard core comic collectors know who these guys are but everyone knows who Thanos is. He is a deviant, an offshoot of the Eternals, basically a mutant. I'd say make 4 of the figures MCU based  & then have classic comic versions of Starfox & Sersi (both long overdo & wanted 80s Avengers) with classic comic Thanos as the BAF. That alone will sell the entire wave imo. Just don't make Thanos Hulk sized, he's 6'7 & 900lbs of thick muscular mass. He should be no bigger than the 2 pack Colossus but heavily muscled/thick.

3999924-2893981-thanos.jpg

246e7dcc620ce76f80e25c20327b3c0e.jpg

th84B37C4T.jpg

thanos_vs_hulk_byrne_by_namorsubmariner-d66htmm.jpg

I have to say..............No. The Eternals are very different from the ones Thanos came from. One was a group living on Earth and the ones Thanos comes from is from Titan. They maybe related in some way but not the same group. 

If anything the Eternal Baf will be Gilgamesh. 

Gilgamesh would be the best bet

Then I hope it's this version. And we still need a classic comic version of Thanos regardless. I would hope he's done in a future Avengers  related wave.Thor_vs_Gigamesh_2.png

thor_287_forgotten.jpg

If comic Thanos is in the wave, he doesn't need to be the BAF. He can be the two-per-box with no BAF part. Heck give him two heads, multiple hands.

On 8/5/2019 at 3:29 AM, leokearon said:

Gilgamesh would be the best bet

what Leokearon said

but who knows since we have no Idea what this movie has in store, but I'd feel safe in saying it woudn't be a new comic thanos

1 hour ago, UsurperSmurf said:

Clearly it will be the Uni-Mind.

Might be a bit on the dull side, but I see where you are coming from

Asides from a comic based Starfox, there is really no other Eternal character I would be buying from an Eternals wave & a Unimind as the BAF would clinch that for me. I still think a comic based Thanos BAF would help sell an Eternals wave better than any other BAF they can think of. Thanos may not be an Earth born Eternal but he still comes from that race. 

5 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Asides from a comic based Starfox, there is really no other Eternal character I would be buying from an Eternals wave & a Unimind as the BAF would clinch that for me. I still think a comic based Thanos BAF would help sell an Eternals wave better than any other BAF they can think of. Thanos may not be an Earth born Eternal but he still comes from that race. 

I know where you're coming from... but I highly doubt they'll release a 4th Thanos as a BAF.  I don't know if there truly would be a market for a classic, non height-enhanced, comicbook Thanos that you'd like, at least not as a BaF, and not for a 3rd year in a row.

A comic book based classic Thanos has been asked for by Thanos fans since the TB days. Closest we got was the huge outta scale MS version. I believe that if Hasbro puts out the comic based version at a correct scale, both comic & MCU fans will eat it up. Much more than they would a character such as Unimind that anyone not an avid comic book reader, would not know who the heck that is. I love the Kree but would not be too keen to own a BAF of the Supreme intelligence when a 16' Kree Sentry BAF would be much better & preferred, especially when you can army build it.

27 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

A comic book based classic Thanos has been asked for by Thanos fans since the TB days. Closest we got was the huge outta scale MS version. I believe that if Hasbro puts out the comic based version at a correct scale, both comic & MCU fans will eat it up. Much more than they would a character such as Unimind that anyone not an avid comic book reader, would not know who the heck that is. I love the Kree but would not be too keen to own a BAF of the Supreme intelligence when a 16' Kree Sentry BAF would be much better & preferred, especially when you can army build it.

I hope you're right so you can get what you want. I personally wouldn't build it, as an MCU fan. Neither would I build a 16" Kree Sentry... specially since I wouldn't be able to financially army build it. But let's hope we all get what we're seeking eventually 🙂

Hasbro loves them some Thanos so it is a good possibility. The Eternals is such a left field choice for Marvel Studios but after getting hits out of the Guardians and Ant-Man I am prepared to show them a little faith.

My hope is to get comic versions of the few Eternals characters that have joined the Avengers.  Might be my only shot for comic versions of Starfox, Sersi and Gilgamesh (with the cow helmet circa Avengers #300, so dumb yet endearing) 

Don't really care for the Eternals as a whole, but the possibilities of potential characters is intriguing 

13 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Hasbro loves them some Thanos so it is a good possibility. The Eternals is such a left field choice for Marvel Studios but after getting hits out of the Guardians and Ant-Man I am prepared to show them a little faith.

My hope is to get comic versions of the few Eternals characters that have joined the Avengers.  Might be my only shot for comic versions of Starfox, Sersi and Gilgamesh (with the cow helmet circa Avengers #300, so dumb yet endearing) 

Don't really care for the Eternals as a whole, but the possibilities of potential characters is intriguing 

I have faith in them, I just know next to nothing about the eternals   

I have a strong feeling that the Eternals wave will be all MCU, simply because the cast is so expansive on this one.

No idea on the BAF.  Maybe Gilgamesh depending on how he's portrayed, or a drastically underscaled Celestial of some kind.

12 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

I have a strong feeling that the Eternals wave will be all MCU, simply because the cast is so expansive on this one.

No idea on the BAF.  Maybe Gilgamesh depending on how he's portrayed, or a drastically underscaled Celestial of some kind.

there was no bigger cast that Avengers Infinity War and Endgame and the first two waves were split. only the third will be all MCU. Plus i have a hunch they wont go all in on an unproven franchise yet. I could be wrong.....

12 minutes ago, McHogan said:

there was no bigger cast that Avengers Infinity War and Endgame and the first two waves were split. only the third will be all MCU. Plus i have a hunch they wont go all in on an unproven franchise yet. I could be wrong.....

Maybe, but when I look at the most-likely characters to get included in an Eternals wave (because I DON'T think they'd dip into the Titan Eternals who have always been more part of Marvel's "cosmic" franchise than of the "Earthbound Eternals" segment) I see a bunch of characters who are way less popular/obscure than anything in the MCU.  I'm not even sure which A-lister you could reasonably slot into an Eternals wave the way they had say, Cosmic Iron-Man in the first Guardians wave, or Modern Iron Man in the first Black Panther one.  They're so removed from the rest of the Marvel Universe that it's tricky even finding the tenuous "We'll put Black Bolt, Namor, and Iron Man in the Black Panther wave because they're all Illuminati!" links.  They could do another comic Black Knight but given how the last one wasn't the hottest of sellers....(And we'll likely get a MCU version if he suits up in the movie).  They don't often do both comic and MCU versions of the same characters in the same wave, either, especially if their costumes are very similar.  So for instance the idea of getting both a comic and MCU Sersi seems somewhat unlikely...though I wouldn't count out the possibility of a comic-based Eternals set for SDCC or something.

This Eternals wave, if all MCU will be an easy pass for me then. Even Hasbro knows that an all MCU wave line will not be a huge seller. You have to mix it up with comic based characters as well. Like I said, give us a comic based classic Thanos & it will sell more than if the BAF is MCU based & making the BAF a normal sized figure is not gonna sell out the entire wave imo.

Classic 1st app Starfox, comic 90s Sersi & BAF comic Thanos will be essential imo. We get 2 more Avengers to round out 80s & 90s Avengers lineups & us Thanos fans finally get a classic comics based Thanos after nothing but umpteenth MCU Thanos's & a modern costume Thanos.

19 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they went the mantis/okoye route and made either Sersi or Thena the BAF.

That would be awful giving the leading ladies the short end of the stick.

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

That would be awful giving the leading ladies the short end of the stick.

It's unclear whether Sersi is a lead or not.  She should be, but it could also be that they introduce her here as a supporting character, but she's the one that ends up interacting with the rest of the MCU more moving forward (especially if she's attached to Dane Whitman, romantically or otherwise). 

I get the impression they're not even introducing the Deviants in all this.  Which is gonna be a little weird, having the Eternals without their nemeses.  Though I guess that'd be in keeping with the Neil Gaiman series that this will almost certainly be cribbing heavily from.

Anyway, I'd bet that Thena gets a figure, straight up.  All the indications I've seen are that she and Ikaris are effectively the "leads" for this.  Not sure about Sersi.  But honestly they're probably going to end up a couple short on the "main" Eternals in the toy line, just like they always do.

Would a classic, comic Odin baf be a good idea?

image.thumb.jpeg.5801a2148d7235bcebc583a1150300c3.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jmacq1 said:

It's unclear whether Sersi is a lead or not.  She should be, but it could also be that they introduce her here as a supporting character, but she's the one that ends up interacting with the rest of the MCU more moving forward (especially if she's attached to Dane Whitman, romantically or otherwise). 

I get the impression they're not even introducing the Deviants in all this.  Which is gonna be a little weird, having the Eternals without their nemeses.  Though I guess that'd be in keeping with the Neil Gaiman series that this will almost certainly be cribbing heavily from.

Anyway, I'd bet that Thena gets a figure, straight up.  All the indications I've seen are that she and Ikaris are effectively the "leads" for this.  Not sure about Sersi.  But honestly they're probably going to end up a couple short on the "main" Eternals in the toy line, just like they always do.

Well Sersi still is one of the leading Eternals. Of course we will have to wait and see.  

Also while it's strange that there is no mention of the Deviants,  there is also no mention of Zuras.