DarthOdette

What Other Line Could Possibly Dethrone Legends?

52 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Other lines could have a chance with one maybe two factors  but it is unlikely any toyline could will beat ML in all areas that it excels in 

For sure.

5 hours ago, leokearon said:

Other lines could have a chance with one maybe two factors  but it is unlikely any toyline could will beat ML in all areas that it excels in 

At least right now.  Who knows what’s around the corner.  But I doubt any current line could top it

9 hours ago, DarthOdette said:

At least right now.  Who knows what’s around the corner.  But I doubt any current line could top it

Exactly, but who know what the future holds. Still it will be a really tall order for any line

8 hours ago, leokearon said:

Exactly, but who know what the future holds. Still it will be a really tall order for any line

Would you say it’s more likely that another line dethrones them in the future, or the line itself comes to an end because of lack of sales.  Obviously this isn’t the case right now, but let’s say the face of the toy economy is rapidly changed in the next 5 years

9 minutes ago, DarthOdette said:

Would you say it’s more likely that another line dethrones them in the future, or the line itself comes to an end because of lack of sales.  Obviously this isn’t the case right now, but let’s say the face of the toy economy is rapidly changed in the next 5 years

I think the world would have to end for Marvel Legends to stop being the top collectors line. That's not too far into the future if we're pessimists 😛

14 hours ago, DarthOdette said:

I don't more sales would be a factor. To be honest the only way for ML to be knocked off is for everyone else to really up their game or for Hasbro to get really sloppy

10 hours ago, leokearon said:

I don't more sales would be a factor. To be honest the only way for ML to be knocked off is for everyone else to really up their game or for Hasbro to get really sloppy

Yeah that makes sense 

1 hour ago, michiganjfrog said:

them getting sloppy would be the only way I could see people losing intrest *cough star wars/transformers* cough

Idk man, black series has only gotten better and people finally feel like they’re on par with the imports and transformers siege is the only TF line in 10 years I’ve even found remotely interesting personally.  

45 minutes ago, DarthOdette said:

Idk man, black series has only gotten better and people finally feel like they’re on par with the imports and transformers siege is the only TF line in 10 years I’ve even found remotely interesting personally.  

they seem to be coming back better, but for awhile there it was like star wars(mainly the 3 inch figs)  and TF slid back a few years. some of the siege ones do look pretty good though, hope they keep improving

3 hours ago, DarthOdette said:

Yeah I agree... I think the Star Wars black series has actually gotten better. I actually like how they are re-releasing many of their old figures with the new face prints. Transformers are just so expensive nowadays that I just can't 😫....

3 hours ago, americamgl said:

Yeah I agree... I think the Star Wars black series has actually gotten better. I actually like how they are re-releasing many of their old figures with the new face prints. Transformers are just so expensive nowadays that I just can't 😫....

Yeah TF is more expensive than I remember.  $35 or something for a 6” Optimus from siege?  A little much when you’re pretty much getting a Legend or a black series 

8 hours ago, americamgl said:

TFs aren't that expensive, in fact Siege has been one of the cheapest lines in a while not by much but every bit helps. Over here Transformers are way cheaper than Marvel legends and the Black Series

18 hours ago, leokearon said:

TFs aren't that expensive, in fact Siege has been one of the cheapest lines in a while not by much but every bit helps. Over here Transformers are way cheaper than Marvel legends and the Black Series

Are they really?  Where is it you’re from?

5 hours ago, DarthOdette said:

Are they really?  Where is it you’re from?

Waterford, Ireland.

9 hours ago, leokearon said:

Waterford, Ireland.

Most TF here in Michigan are $10-$15 more than a black series of legends 

21 minutes ago, DarthOdette said:

Most TF here in Michigan are $10-$15 more than a black series of legends 

A Generation deluxe TF is around €20, Voyager €28-30. Black Series is €25-30, ML €30-35

12 hours ago, leokearon said:

A Generation deluxe TF is around €20, Voyager €28-30. Black Series is €25-30, ML €30-35

I find that strange that geography would make such a difference 

Just now, DarthOdette said:

I find that strange that geography would make such a difference 

5 hours ago, michiganjfrog said:

dang im getting nostalgic, getting a new voyager class TF I liked was a great feeling

I know that obviously pricing is different, but to have lines be flipped in their pricing is strange regardless

1 hour ago, DarthOdette said:

I know that obviously pricing is different, but to have lines be flipped in their pricing is strange regardless

It is strange,