Marvel Legends and DC

komododragin

I’d say Disney acquiring the DC license would never happen but if House of Mouse recent history is any indication they could try to get the license and complete their take over of the world.

in all seriousness, handing Hasbro the DC license in ADDITION to the Marvel license would be permission to print money. Can you imagine a Justice League wave in the quality of this years Legends. Ridiculous.

In this fantasy world I’d want to see the DC line separate but with the same Legends team creating them. Then after the line has gotten its feet I’d love special crossover box sets like Batman & DareDevil or Punisher, Superman and Captain America, things similar in theme. The possibilities are endless.

Or they could do specialty waves featuring characters from their comic crossover classics. Superman/ Spider-Man wave, X-men/ Teen Titans, JLA/ Avengers. 

Ideally, sure. I think Hasbro would slay if they handled DC. I'd enjoy crossover 2-packs and boxsets, Amalgam characters and such.

Practically, no. I don't think the 2 biggest superhero licenses should be handled by the same company. The industry needs competition to improve, otherwise there's no need to do better.

Realistically, not gonna happen.

I would be very pleased if Hasbro started putting out DC figures like the Legends, but I probably wouldn't buy them except for a few here and there, I wouldn't want the Lines to co-mingle though inless it was Amalgam stuff (which would be rad to see one day)

5 hours ago, komododragin said:

This is hypothetical, but if disney were to acquire DC and do Marvel-DC crossovers, can you see Hasbro having to reinvent the Marvel Legends line to fit in DC, create a strictly DC line, or create a new combined line separate from the regular Marvel line.

They’d create a separate line but they’d be in the same scale and style.  But this is hypothetical obviously 

Disney buying DC is unlikely, but Hasbro getting The DC license sounds feasable. As we know, Hasbro has done 5-point DC figures in the past and some still consider them to be better than the 5-point articulated figures Toybiz was doing at the time (I happen to be one of them) but the selection was very small as compared to Marvel's offerings who was digging into every nook and cranny of it's own universe and just blinding us with variety.

Here's the problem. Disney is notorious for not "allowing" their contractors to work for competing properties. If anyone remembers, Disney even FORBID Hasbro purchasing DreamWorks at the threat of pulling the Marvel license. Now that's some serious leverage and some serious brass balls. Disney just simply would not let their licensed product be inferior to a rival.

The only way I could see where Hasbro could ever do DC figures is if Disney manages to ruin the MCU and DC continues to improve the DCEU and Hasbro grows a pair and abandons the Marvel license to pursue the DC license. In that case I have no doubt that Hasbro would more or less follow pretty much the same formula that made ML such a success. Of course, by that time it's likely that companies like the re-energized McFarlane Toys and the phenomenal upstart JazWares will have advanced substantially, forcing Hasbro to up it's game, and we may well end up with DC Multiverse figures superior to ML.

That would be a sad and tragic turn of events.

On 8/9/2019 at 11:07 PM, monron999 said:

companies like the re-energized McFarlane Toys and the phenomenal upstart JazWares will have advanced substantially, forcing Hasbro to up it's game, and we may well end up with DC Multiverse figures superior to ML.

That would be a sad and tragic turn of events.

That would be sad, but it has happened before.