Character Designs Through the Decades

DarthOdette

Character Designs Through the Decades  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which decade of Marvel Comics do you most like/want figures from?

2 minutes ago, tarot said:

this is actually hard because each era has a design from different character that I like but for classic versions, either the 60/70s or the 90's.

It’s especially hard for me in deciding between the 60’s and 70’s.  I love the ORIGINALS, but the 70’s introduced many characters so it’s a tough one... and I’m the one who posed the question and I still feel that way 😂 

I wish Hasbro prioritized getting modern versions of characters and topical characters out as soon as possible. Classics are evergreen so they can come out any time, but (for example) the peak of my interest for a figure of a given Iron Man armor only lasts for as long as that suit is contemporary, and Hasbro is not very good at delivering figures for Iron Man suits while they're still current. On a similar note, I've been waiting for stuff like a modern Loki and Pymtron figures since 2014 and 2016, respectively.

Just now, ADour said:

I wish Hasbro prioritized getting modern versions of characters and topical characters out as soon as possible. Classics are evergreen so they can come out any time, but (for example) the peak of my interest for a figure of a given Iron Man armor only lasts for as long as that suit is contemporary, and Hasbro is not very good at delivering figures for Iron Man suits while they're still current. On a similar note, I've been waiting for stuff like a modern Loki and Pymtron figures since 2014 and 2016, respectively.

Yeah that makes sense.  Modern stuff is like a fad almost.  Once it’s gone, the next new thing is all the rage.  But that old stuff will always be in style 

Almost everything I want right now is 80s, or more modern. Let's get armoured Psylocke and the rest of the outback team, Magik and the rest of the original New Mutants, Spiral, Destiny, and maybe some Marauders and Morlocks going. Then, let's get white-costume Magneto, Dust, post-Generation X (but definitely powered) Chamber, Astonishing X-Men, a more modern Rogue, and Danger going too.

8 hours ago, Benn said:

Almost everything I want right now is 80s, or more modern. Let's get armoured Psylocke and the rest of the outback team, Magik and the rest of the original New Mutants, Spiral, Destiny, and maybe some Marauders and Morlocks going. Then, let's get white-costume Magneto, Dust, post-Generation X (but definitely powered) Chamber, Astonishing X-Men, a more modern Rogue, and Danger going too.

Agreed, the 80's seems to be the most stable period between the eclectic 70's and excessive 90's. Thats that mid point between disco inspired leotards and pointless pockets, pouches & belts, where the costumes were functional, stylish, sexy, practical and "realistically" uncomplicated. It was Rogues black body suit with green aerobics wear, it was Iron Man's Silver Centurion suit and it was Spidey's sleek, stealthy black and white suite. Best days of Marvel, by far.

9 hours ago, Benn said:

It seems that they want to finish the 90’s off first, although the outback dazzler was a nice surprise 

Despite not having any particular fav decade, because I love certain characters looks from all over the decades, I would say 80's and 90's because that's when I was first reading comics and when I was growing up, But I voted 1980's because in my mind I always felt 80's were a great time for the comics I loved and alot of iconic outfits came out at that point

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Despite not having any particular fav decade, because I love certain characters looks from all over the decades, I would say 80's and 90's because that's when I was first reading comics and when I was growing up, But I voted 1980's because in my mind I always felt 80's were a great time for the comics I loved and alot of iconic outfits came out at that point

There was a lot of great in the 90’s and A LOT of not so great 

I voted for 1970s because there was not a whole lot of updates from the '60s to the '70s, other than the Falcon getting his red/white costume and wings, but the '70s also introduced a ton of new genre characters that I want them to make, such as retro versions of Luke Cage and Iron Fist, magazine heroes like Moon Knight and Star-Lord, to horror characters like Werewolf by Night, Frankenstein's monster, and classic Brother Voodoo. 

1990's, no question.....it's when I was in my late teens / early 20's, I'd love to add say, an original New Warriors set..why this is not yet a thing is beyond me..... and if they can produce a White Rabbit figure!??! They darn well can make a proper 7" Quasar, talking the costume from the first issues of the Mark Grunewald run........ and a Thunderbolts set....hmm, yeah. the 90's does get love, no question...Im' so so happy about hte X-men figure 3pack and X-factor 2pack coming out...just keep it going!

19 minutes ago, galahad33 said:

1990's, no question.....it's when I was in my late teens / early 20's, I'd love to add say, an original New Warriors set..why this is not yet a thing is beyond me..... and if they can produce a White Rabbit figure!??! They darn well can make a proper 7" Quasar, talking the costume from the first issues of the Mark Grunewald run........ and a Thunderbolts set....hmm, yeah. the 90's does get love, no question...Im' so so happy about hte X-men figure 3pack and X-factor 2pack coming out...just keep it going!

I’m in my early 20’s right now and boy do I wish I connected with the current run of comics right now but nope.  I definitely gravitate towards the stuff that predates me.  Maybe in some time 

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

I voted for 1970s because there was not a whole lot of updates from the '60s to the '70s, other than the Falcon getting his red/white costume and wings, but the '70s also introduced a ton of new genre characters that I want them to make, such as retro versions of Luke Cage and Iron Fist, magazine heroes like Moon Knight and Star-Lord, to horror characters like Werewolf by Night, Frankenstein's monster, and classic Brother Voodoo. 

The reasoning makes total sense.  I only chose 60’s because those early days of the Comics with F4 and Spidey are so awesome to me.  I tent to collect more 70/80/90(x-men), but I’d love to see more of a focus on the 60’s one of these days