Any Possibility for Retro Spider-Man Wave?

komododragin

We just got the retro X-Men wave, so my question is, will we ever see a retro Spider-Man wave?  If we do, from what period would you want it to be from and which characters would you want to see? I would want to see them do characters from the 70's and 90's, mainly because I want another Green Goblin and a different black cat.

For me a retro wave should include

1 spiderman (any version)

2. Classic spiderwoman rerelease with fa head

3. Doc ock with bendy wire tenticles

4. Green goblin with classic and unmasked head

5. Spot easy repaint of existing molds

6. Electro with classic colors and most importantly swappable hands and electric fingers

I am very surprised we have not gotten a retro SM wave , I think it's in the cards and I'd be really pleased if so

My ideal Vintage SM wave would be

FA Spider-Man

FA Green Goblin

Spider-Man 2099 (Re-release on Spidery UK Buck)

Black Cat  (just re-release the skyline version, I already have it but for those who don't, maybe give an alternate unmasked head)

Swarm

Vermin (could easily be a re-tooled Jackal)

7 minutes ago, DarthOdette said:

The packaging just absolutely be based off of the Spider-Man Classics Line.  Sure, it’s not ‘retro’, but the nostalgia alone would sell me the entire wave.  I think it’d be amazing   

there was 3 version of that packaging. which one do you mean?

I would love a vintage/retro Spider-Man wave based on classic comic book versions of

• Spider-Man (webs in the armpits maybe...?)
  • Spider-Man 2099
  • Green Goblin - brighter colors, improved glider
  • Black Cat
  • Electro
  • Lizard - this might be a long shot because the retro/vintage lines tend to use recycled body molds and this would require something all new. I suppose I'm in the minority, but I really dislike the McFarlane-inspired dinosaur-looking BAF Lizard; I prefer the old school look of Ditko and Romita, where he still very much had a human shaped body, in clothes with the lab coat and everything, but with the tail, the scale-covered hands and feed and face that is much less severe than the monstrous BAF version.

Liz.jpg

16 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

I would love a vintage/retro Spider-Man wave based on classic comic book versions of

• Spider-Man (webs in the armpits maybe...?)
  • Spider-Man 2099
  • Green Goblin - brighter colors, improved glider
  • Black Cat
  • Electro
  • Lizard - this might be a long shot because the retro/vintage lines tend to use recycled body molds and this would require something all new. I suppose I'm in the minority, but I really dislike the McFarlane-inspired dinosaur-looking BAF Lizard; I prefer the old school look of Ditko and Romita, where he still very much had a human shaped body, in clothes with the lab coat and everything, but with the tail, the scale-covered hands and feed and face that is much less severe than the monstrous BAF version.

Liz.jpg

I for one prefer this lizard as well

I would love to see a Spidey themed Retro Wave

1. Either Amazing Fantasy #15 styled Spidey or Alex Ross' design.

2. Classic Lizard, Ditko or later.

3.  Cardiac

4. Vermin

5. Gwen Stacy or FA Mary Jane

6. Spider Armor Mk 1

19 hours ago, tarot said:

6. Electro with classic colors and most importantly swappable hands and electric fingers

If they did a classic Electro I'd rather they just did swappable hands and gave him the electricity effects from Storm rather than those old electricity fingers.  

On 8/11/2019 at 1:58 PM, tarot said:

That is the perfect wave, but I would still like to see Black Cat as part of it.

I’d go very retro as in Amazing Friends era

1: Iceman ( more white/ blue tints like cartoon)

2:  Firestar with Ms. Lion

3: J. Jonah Jameson ( can’t believe they haven’t used the Serkis Klaw and mod it for this guy yet)

4: Spider-Man with 80’s Peter Parker head

5: Flash Thompson with oversized ego

6: Shanna the She-Devil ( because there are not enough bikinis in the Legends line. Plus she was totally in that one episode that one time

On 8/11/2019 at 12:58 PM, tarot said:

That Electro is  must, plus it would be very easy for Hasbro to do. Doc Ock with bendy wires would be a big win as well.

Unamsked Goblin is another winner. Pretty solid list. Only hitong is we already got 2 spider-men, so Im not sure I want another.

2 minutes ago, McHogan said:

I realize that it’s been less than a year, just suggesting that this mod is in the plans.

And I just realised you meant someone using it to customise the figure. I thought you meant Hasbro showing a J.J. Jameson with the Klaw buck. My bad. 

Yeah, what's up with nobody doing that head swap mod yet?