Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
komododragin

Any Possibility for Retro Spider-Man Wave?

Recommended Posts

We just got the retro X-Men wave, so my question is, will we ever see a retro Spider-Man wave?  If we do, from what period would you want it to be from and which characters would you want to see? I would want to see them do characters from the 70's and 90's, mainly because I want another Green Goblin and a different black cat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possibilty?! Im surprised hasnt announced it already

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want another goblin too, but most of all I want a new daredevil, either yellow or red but as long as its an updated figure with the boots (and maybe wraps) from the black DD figure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me a retro wave should include

1 spiderman (any version)

2. Classic spiderwoman rerelease with fa head

3. Doc ock with bendy wire tenticles

4. Green goblin with classic and unmasked head

5. Spot easy repaint of existing molds

6. Electro with classic colors and most importantly swappable hands and electric fingers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am very surprised we have not gotten a retro SM wave , I think it's in the cards and I'd be really pleased if so

My ideal Vintage SM wave would be

FA Spider-Man

FA Green Goblin

Spider-Man 2099 (Re-release on Spidery UK Buck)

Black Cat  (just re-release the skyline version, I already have it but for those who don't, maybe give an alternate unmasked head)

Swarm

Vermin (could easily be a re-tooled Jackal)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

now here is the bigger question, which spider-man line would you use as the retro base? there have been dozens (if not hundreds) spider-man lines over the years so which is the one you want for the package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The packaging just absolutely be based off of the Spider-Man Classics Line.  Sure, it’s not ‘retro’, but the nostalgia alone would sell me the entire wave.  I think it’d be amazing   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DarthOdette said:

The packaging just absolutely be based off of the Spider-Man Classics Line.  Sure, it’s not ‘retro’, but the nostalgia alone would sell me the entire wave.  I think it’d be amazing   

there was 3 version of that packaging. which one do you mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

personally I'm going to have to go with this version. They just need to change it slightly.

cbd9998fffc2be6c3d5c0e993abf8c16.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tarot said:

personally I'm going to have to go with this version. They just need to change it slightly.

cbd9998fffc2be6c3d5c0e993abf8c16.jpg

I’d buy it for the logo alone 😂😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love a vintage/retro Spider-Man wave based on classic comic book versions of

  • Spider-Man (webs in the armpits maybe...?)
  • Spider-Man 2099
  • Green Goblin - brighter colors, improved glider
  • Black Cat
  • Electro
  • Lizard - this might be a long shot because the retro/vintage lines tend to use recycled body molds and this would require something all new. I suppose I'm in the minority, but I really dislike the McFarlane-inspired dinosaur-looking BAF Lizard; I prefer the old school look of Ditko and Romita, where he still very much had a human shaped body, in clothes with the lab coat and everything, but with the tail, the scale-covered hands and feed and face that is much less severe than the monstrous BAF version.

Liz.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

I would love a vintage/retro Spider-Man wave based on classic comic book versions of

  • Spider-Man (webs in the armpits maybe...?)
  • Spider-Man 2099
  • Green Goblin - brighter colors, improved glider
  • Black Cat
  • Electro
  • Lizard - this might be a long shot because the retro/vintage lines tend to use recycled body molds and this would require something all new. I suppose I'm in the minority, but I really dislike the McFarlane-inspired dinosaur-looking BAF Lizard; I prefer the old school look of Ditko and Romita, where he still very much had a human shaped body, in clothes with the lab coat and everything, but with the tail, the scale-covered hands and feed and face that is much less severe than the monstrous BAF version.

Liz.jpg

I for one prefer this lizard as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there is a Spider-man retro line, it should be based off the 90's Animated series, the same way the X-men line is based of the 90's show

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see a Spidey themed Retro Wave

1. Either Amazing Fantasy #15 styled Spidey or Alex Ross' design.

2. Classic Lizard, Ditko or later.

3.  Cardiac

4. Vermin

5. Gwen Stacy or FA Mary Jane

6. Spider Armor Mk 1

19 hours ago, tarot said:

For me a retro wave should include

1 spiderman (any version)

2. Classic spiderwoman rerelease with fa head

3. Doc ock with bendy wire tenticles

4. Green goblin with classic and unmasked head

5. Spot easy repaint of existing molds

6. Electro with classic colors and most importantly swappable hands and electric fingers

If they did a classic Electro I'd rather they just did swappable hands and gave him the electricity effects from Storm rather than those old electricity fingers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, tarot said:

personally I'm going to have to go with this version. They just need to change it slightly.

cbd9998fffc2be6c3d5c0e993abf8c16.jpg

this absolutely needs to be the card back not even a question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yes, a classic Shocker please.

Image result for marvel toybiz Shocker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2019 at 1:58 PM, tarot said:

For me a retro wave should include

1 spiderman (any version)

2. Classic spiderwoman rerelease with fa head

3. Doc ock with bendy wire tenticles

4. Green goblin with classic and unmasked head

5. Spot easy repaint of existing molds

6. Electro with classic colors and most importantly swappable hands and electric fingers

That is the perfect wave, but I would still like to see Black Cat as part of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d go very retro as in Amazing Friends era

1: Iceman ( more white/ blue tints like cartoon)

2:  Firestar with Ms. Lion

3: J. Jonah Jameson ( can’t believe they haven’t used the Serkis Klaw and mod it for this guy yet)

4: Spider-Man with 80’s Peter Parker head

5: Flash Thompson with oversized ego

6: Shanna the She-Devil ( because there are not enough bikinis in the Legends line. Plus she was totally in that one episode that one time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, McHogan said:

3: J. Jonah Jameson ( can’t believe they haven’t used the Serkis Klaw and mod it for this guy yet)

Dude... it's been less than a year, give them time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there was a spidey retro wave, I would like to see

  1. Spider-Armour (from Web Of #100)
  2. Spot (with three heads)
  3. Demogoblin
  4. Electro (With interchangeable hands)
  5. Hobgoblin (Kingsley)
  6. Toy Biz Lasher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2019 at 12:58 PM, tarot said:

For me a retro wave should include

1 spiderman (any version)

2. Classic spiderwoman rerelease with fa head

3. Doc ock with bendy wire tenticles

4. Green goblin with classic and unmasked head

5. Spot easy repaint of existing molds

6. Electro with classic colors and most importantly swappable hands and electric fingers

That Electro is  must, plus it would be very easy for Hasbro to do. Doc Ock with bendy wires would be a big win as well.

Unamsked Goblin is another winner. Pretty solid list. Only hitong is we already got 2 spider-men, so Im not sure I want another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, memocromatico said:

Dude... it's been less than a year, give them time

I realize that it’s been less than a year, just suggesting that this mod is in the plans.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, McHogan said:

I realize that it’s been less than a year, just suggesting that this mod is in the plans.

 

And I just realised you meant someone using it to customise the figure. I thought you meant Hasbro showing a J.J. Jameson with the Klaw buck. My bad. 

Yeah, what's up with nobody doing that head swap mod yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Shop for Marvel Action Figures

  • Topics

  • Posts



×
×
  • Create New...







Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE