Haslab - Marvel Legends Possibilities

DarthOdette

So far, the Haslab has sucessfully produced the massive Star Wars 3.75” Jabba’s Sail Barge, and are in the process of seeking backers for their Insanely huge Unicron from Transformers, as well as the *ahem* life sized Cookie Monster.

The question I pose to y’all is, what do you see as actual possibilities for a Marvel Haslab product?  Would it be a role play item, or a Legends scaled vehicle or character?

5 hours ago, Papasmurf52 said:

Here would be my top 5 for haslab

1. Galactus (make him real big)

2. X-jet (classic blue one and big enough to fit at least 6 marvel legends)

3. Ego

4. Giant-man mcu (get actual close to his size)

5. The raft prison cells, can have a whole thing with broken cells and would go great for diorama displays

I hadn’t even though of Giant man 

1 hour ago, mako said:

I've made jokes, but at the end of the day, the HasLab concept is utterly ridiculous. Seriously, they produced a 500 + dollar sail barge you literally can only buy if you're in ONE specific geographic location (AND stupid enough to pay 500 dollars for a toy).

Now, I won't go into the bus-load of issues I, and many others, have with the whole HasLab concept, but I will give this little reminder:

Every Marvel Legends character, vehicle, playset, etc. made in the 'Lab will be one that 99.9 % of us will not be able to get. 

It's a 4-foot-long toy. It's gonna be expensive. Is it a luxury item? Sure. All toys are, but it makes people happy. It's disappointing to see people being shamed for being excited about that on a toy collecting message board.

LOL, so on the one hand is too ridiculously expensive to buy, but OTOH you're upset that its not available internationally? Unless i'm misunderstanding.. does one have to go pick it up in person or something? 

Its not my cup of tea, but people spend lots of money on hot toys, etc so in that context $500 for a huge barge doesn't seem that far-fetched.  Plenty of people would argue that WE'RE stupid for regularly dropping $20 on marvel legends, what with them being toys and all. seems like a slippery slope to argue that someone is stupid for paying x amount for a toy. Remove the rafter from our own eye, and all that.

WIth all of that said, i'm personally not really in the market for anything huge that would require HasLab. I do think they should re-release the marvel universe Galactus and Frost Giant, maybe look to making a few other big figures like that such as a Celestial or Giant-man.

It would be amazing to get an X-Mansion or Avengers Tower

but yes lets be honest none of us can afford this HasLab stuff, if it's anything like the Sail Barge (my buddy here payed 1000 dollars for his Sail Barge!)

i'd settle for a nice easy simple diorama for my legends nothing fancy and it doesn't have to be haslab, oh actually i'd just settle for Hasbro making some damn stands for legends

1 hour ago, mako said:

Okay, I reread my post, and in total fairness, part of it does come off a little confrontational or shamey. Totally not my intention. If anybody took offence, I am sorry.

Basically, all I'm saying is if Hasbro does do a Galactus, Ego, Helicarrier or whatever; I'd much rather it be done for retail or at least in some fashion that makes it accessible to everyone. If that means smaller, less elaborate sets, awesome.

That's definitely fair. I'd be on board for a big, fancy set if I could make the finances work, but I certainly wouldn't want to see it become a regular part of the line.

My issue is that I don't have the room for something that massive.  My entire office is plastered with wall to wall shelves with Marvel Legends and Black Series figures.  A few years ago I was in Toys R Us and they had that huge Tie-Fighter for $25 and I passed.  My wife is pretty laid back about all the stuff I get, but she would be pissed if I spent $500 on a toy and there is no way I could easily justify that kind of money on one item.  I would be open to vehicles like a Snow Speeder or Blackbird, but no way on a huge Daily Bugle or X-Men mansion.  

15 hours ago, mako said:

I've made jokes, but at the end of the day, the HasLab concept is utterly ridiculous. Seriously, they produced a 500 + dollar sail barge you literally can only buy if you're in ONE specific geographic location (AND stupid enough to pay 500 dollars for a toy).

Now, I won't go into the bus-load of issues I, and many others, have with the whole HasLab concept, but I will give this little reminder:

Every Marvel Legends character, vehicle, playset, etc. made in the 'Lab will be one that 99.9 % of us will not be able to get. 

I don’t disagree with you there.  I feel like they started too big.  Why not start with a $100-$200 project that would never sell at retail in order to get more hardcore collectors on board?  I’ll never spend $300+ haslab money on a toy ever.  Period.  It’s a hobby that I love but anything more than that is absurd 

14 hours ago, Benn said:

It's a 4-foot-long toy. It's gonna be expensive. Is it a luxury item? Sure. All toys are, but it makes people happy. It's disappointing to see people being shamed for being excited about that on a toy collecting message board.

I wouldn’t call it shaming.  I do think that the price range is astronomical personally, but I’ll never judge how others choose to spend their money, just as I would expect.  Personally, I could never fathom spending that kind of money, nor finding space for something so huge in my own collection.  But to those that can, that’s awesome 

14 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

LOL, so on the one hand is too ridiculously expensive to buy, but OTOH you're upset that its not available internationally? Unless i'm misunderstanding.. does one have to go pick it up in person or something? 

Its not my cup of tea, but people spend lots of money on hot toys, etc so in that context $500 for a huge barge doesn't seem that far-fetched.  Plenty of people would argue that WE'RE stupid for regularly dropping $20 on marvel legends, what with them being toys and all. seems like a slippery slope to argue that someone is stupid for paying x amount for a toy. Remove the rafter from our own eye, and all that.

WIth all of that said, i'm personally not really in the market for anything huge that would require HasLab. I do think they should re-release the marvel universe Galactus and Frost Giant, maybe look to making a few other big figures like that such as a Celestial or Giant-man.

That’s how I view it as well.  It’s too steep a price for me, and I would argue in general, but there’s absolutely no problem with anyone choosing to do it