Haslab - Marvel Legends Possibilities

DarthOdette

I’d like to see HasLab take on an entire team that would never get completed if released one or two figures a wave.  Strong candidates are:

The Mutant Liberation Front

The Marauders

The Wild Pack/Six Pack

Acolytes

Personally, I’d feel much better about paying a high price in one payment if I knew I was getting multiple figures.

4 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

I’d like to see HasLab take on an entire team that would never get completed if released one or two figures a wave.  Strong candidates are:

The Marauders

The Wild Pack/Six Pack

Acolytes

Personally, I’d feel much better about paying a high price in one payment if I knew I was getting multiple figures.

That makes sense, but would it get the backers?  The more obscure you get, the less likely a bunch of people will jump on board 

47 minutes ago, DarthOdette said:

That makes sense, but would it get the backers?  The more obscure you get, the less likely a bunch of people will jump on board 

That’s the fear of going this route.

Doing some armchair toymaking...

Im kind of thinking if Hasbro makes a profit on a figure for $20 not knowing if it will sell or not, then doing a team of, let’s say, eight at $160 and knowing if it reaches its goal that there is a guaranteed number of sales, then it’s good for them. 

Obviously there is a large number of volume that has to occur for a single figure at retail at the $20 price point. Way more than the number HasLab is probably looking for. So to offset that, the per figure price would have to go up.

Personally, I’d have no problem dropping $30+ a figure for any team mentioned above if I knew I was guaranteed to get the entire team at once.  I like to think that there are other fans of marvel legends and these obscure teams too.  Which kind of seems to be the business HasLab is going after.  

Of course, I could be wrong about the amount of interest.  I can only assume that people today know who the Marauders are. LOL 

4 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

That’s the fear of going this route.

Doing some armchair toymaking...

Im kind of thinking if Hasbro makes a profit on a figure for $20 not knowing if it will sell or not, then doing a team of, let’s say, eight at $160 and knowing if it reaches its goal that there is a guaranteed number of sales, then it’s good for them. 

Obviously there is a large number of volume that has to occur for a single figure at retail at the $20 price point. Way more than the number HasLab is probably looking for. So to offset that, the per figure price would have to go up.

Personally, I’d have no problem dropping $30+ a figure for any team mentioned above if I knew I was guaranteed to get the entire team at once.  I like to think that there are other fans of marvel legends and these obscure teams too.  Which kind of seems to be the business HasLab is going after.  

Of course, I could be wrong about the amount of interest.  I can only assume that people today know who the Marauders are. LOL 

I like the idea for sure.  I wonder if Hasbro does... seems like they went for the big bombastic options right out the gate.  It almost feels like doing regular figures is a step backwards in scale.  That’s not a bad thing, but I wonder if they’d do it

10 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

The Marauders

The Wild Pack/Six Pack

Acolytes

Team packs wouldn't be a bad idea

Remember the DCUC LOSH 12 pack?

Not asking for a 12 pack of figures from a team but at minimum, a 6 or 8 pack consisting of the core members of  the 2 teams that have been grossly under represented in the ML lines both TB & Hasbro & that would be the Imperial Guard & the Squadron Supreme. Gladiator is the only rep of the IG & Hyperion is the only rep of the SS. Yeah, we got Speed Demon & Nighthawk, which I've added to Hype's team but I don't think they are the SS versions.

Here's a couple of  pics of the most popular members of the IG

oWf3Mcu.jpg

zpofZ4z.jpg

My list of core IG members for a boxset would be these 9.

Gladiator- with new Angry face sculpt with attachable eye laser FX, open & closed fists

Fang- with alternate open mouth growling/yelling head sculpt & open/closed fists

Smasher- with  open/closed fists

Starbolt- with open/closed fists & some sort of fire blast fx

Hussar- with electro whip FX accessory

Manta-with open hands & better improved soft good manta cape

Quasar-very thick body sculpt & open/closed fists

Warstar- 8' scale & comes with open compartment in the back that fits a 4' scaled B'nee

Titan- 12' scale, comes with open/closed fists

I'd have no problem with Earthquake & Electron being added as well!

For the Squadron Supreme box set

76Q8ZME.jpg

9odMbvS.jpg

Hyperion- on the new Herc/Thor buck with alternate POed head sculpt & open/closed fists

Nighthawk in his Black/grey costume w/open/closed hands

Dr Spectrum-with open/closed fists, power beam accessory

Power Princess- both helmet version & non helmet head sculpts plus sword & shield

Whizzer/Speed demon - in Yellow/Blue costume w/open/closed hands or Black/Yellow costume

Blue Eagle- with Mace & Shield, open/closed hands

Skrullian Skymaster- open hands/closed fists, 

Golden or Black Archer- compound bow/quiver & a few trick arrows

As a deluxe team boxset, You would figure to pay close to if not $200 for this but that's what we'd pay for them on an individual per figure basis. This way, we get to knock off two very overdue teams that have loyal fanbases & can now go head to head with our X-Men & Avengers teams.

On 8/18/2019 at 5:06 PM, Sidewinder said:

The Marauders

The Wild Pack/Six Pack

Acolytes

I'd be all over this sort of thing too, but it doesn't really feel like flexing the potential of the Haslab model as much as the bigger projects, since there's nothing stopping them from just including one random MLF weirdo in every other X-Men wave (other than the fact they've so far been filling that spot with Reavers, Wolverine villains, and members of the Imperial Guard).