Haslab - Marvel Legends Possibilities

DarthOdette

10 hours ago, Benn said:

I'd be all over this sort of thing too, but it doesn't really feel like flexing the potential of the Haslab model as much as the bigger projects, since there's nothing stopping them from just including one random MLF weirdo in every other X-Men wave (other than the fact they've so far been filling that spot with Reavers, Wolverine villains, and members of the Imperial Guard).

Asides from Gladiator, Hasbro has yet to make another single member of the IG, they need to. Same goes for more members of the Squadron Supreme such as Dr Spectrum, Power Princess & Blue Eagle.

3 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Asides from Gladiator, Hasbro has yet to make another single member of the IG, they need to. Same goes for more members of the Squadron Supreme such as Dr Spectrum, Power Princess & Blue Eagle.

Yeah, I know. I'm just saying Gladiator, Skullbuster, and Silver Samurai are occupying the slots MLF members would fill. Personally, I could do without the guard, but I know they have their fans. For me, their roots as a not-so-subtle Marvel take on the Justice League is too distracting.

4 minutes ago, Benn said:

Yeah, I know. I'm just saying Gladiator, Skullbuster, and Silver Samurai are occupying the slots MLF members would fill. Personally, I could do without the guard, but I know they have their fans. For me, their roots as a not-so-subtle Marvel take on the Justice League is too distracting.

The squadron Supreme was modeled on the JL, IG was modeled based on the LOSH. DCUC line made the entire core membership of the LOSH in one boxset! Would it kill Hasbro/Disney to do the same with either team as some sort of exclusive set sold by either EE or even on Amazon?  As a die hard fan of both teams, I'd spend the $$ to get a boxset of 8-10 core members of each team in their classic comic garbs. Heck, DCUC even knocked out the Crime Syndicate of America in a boxset. That's 2 DC teams that Mattel/4HM did for the DCUC line. 

LOSH 12 pack 1.jpg

LOSH-group pic .jpg

Crime_Syndicate_boxset.jpg

CSA+004.jpg

34 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

I would love to see Smasher (Izzy) and WarStar being done

On 8/19/2019 at 10:08 PM, komododragin said:

I wouldn't think Haslab would need to do that. They could just make it Fan channel

I don't think crowdfunding should need to be BIG so much as it should need to be uncommercial.

I'd like a Fantastic Four What If...? set. It's a nice way to celebrate FF being fully back at Marvel and the What If...? show.

While Spider-Verse has shown there's a market for some of this alternate reality stuff, that's considerably less proven with some other characters.

An 8 figure set of this would be cool.

If they're going bug, another cool thing would be an FF #1 diorama set. And if it's gonna be one of these $400+ deals, have it actually come with the full car Ben is smashing, a flame base for a Johnny figure, the four civilians, and the cop. That's $180 value for the figures and the other $220+ to cover an articulated half mole creature, car, and 3 storefronts.

Though if you're GONNA do a cover diorama? The Amazing Spider-Man #1 Baxter Building lab is a great pick. They could accentuate the Kirby detail. Napkin math says that's 24" tall by about 30" side and about 9" deep. It's all facade (no moving parts or mass really needed aside from the platform Sue is on, Johnny's flame, and the window with the trap Spidey's in. But that means you could probably do it with 5 figures for $250. Maybe they should look at more stuff that's a BIT less than Unicron and Cookie Monster.

The nice thing is a big Kirby lab playset like that could double as plenty of things with the figures removed and would be great for any ML display. Those dimensions would fit inside or on top of a lot of larger shelving. Which most playsets sadly don't do very well at above 6" scale.

Fantastic_Four_(Earth-7712)_from_What_If__Vol_1_6_0003.jpg

RCO031.jpg

I think with a crowdfunding thing like haslab it has to be a big figure or a playset or vehicle that normaly couldnt be made, with the sheer amount of ML figures coming out every year I wouldnt want haslab to do a set of figures like for example if the alpha flight set was a haslab thing, since those teams or special figures could easily be made in regular waves or fan channel exclusives. Also take into consideration Haslab is currently only working within the US (I dont know if it covers canada as well) but the rest of the world isnt covered and there are tons of ML collectors all over the world so making figures that not everyone could get would be bad. I personaly think that Hasbro should go worldwide with haslab, and the items the have should be big but not extremely niche or expensive, Cookie monster didnt get funded because its not a very popular item, so theyd have to make an item that was popular to really get all the backers but not extremely expensive like Unicron that most comon people will not back it up because its not worth it even if its a good item, I think they should stick to the $200-$300 pricepoint depending on the size and build, things that could easily get funded that way could be IMO the bigger characters like a Sentinel, Galactus or a big Onslaught, or vehicles such as a Quinnjet, the X-Jet or something along those lines (building dioramas arent that hard to make and would be a waste to crowd fund a building or something that you could make on your own or comission diorama builders to do)

10 hours ago, abnuggler said:

I think with a crowdfunding thing like haslab it has to be a big figure or a playset or vehicle that normaly couldnt be made, with the sheer amount of ML figures coming out every year I wouldnt want haslab to do a set of figures like for example if the alpha flight set was a haslab thing, since those teams or special figures could easily be made in regular waves or fan channel exclusives. Also take into consideration Haslab is currently only working within the US (I dont know if it covers canada as well) but the rest of the world isnt covered and there are tons of ML collectors all over the world so making figures that not everyone could get would be bad. I personaly think that Hasbro should go worldwide with haslab, and the items the have should be big but not extremely niche or expensive, Cookie monster didnt get funded because its not a very popular item, so theyd have to make an item that was popular to really get all the backers but not extremely expensive like Unicron that most comon people will not back it up because its not worth it even if its a good item, I think they should stick to the $200-$300 pricepoint depending on the size and build, things that could easily get funded that way could be IMO the bigger characters like a Sentinel, Galactus or a big Onslaught, or vehicles such as a Quinnjet, the X-Jet or something along those lines (building dioramas arent that hard to make and would be a waste to crowd fund a building or something that you could make on your own or comission diorama builders to do)

Right?!

A perfect chance to get a large character/vehicle and folks are wanting 6" legends. Waste of an opportunity if ya ask me. That's why I will continue to root fora much bigger Galactus or Foom.

I dunno.  I think an XXL box set like that Legion would indeed have to be a HasLab project.  IIRC it was "semi-crowdfunded" in the sense that Mattel had a preorder limit that had to be met before they'd make it, and the Legion is even less of a "niche" team than the Imperial Guard would be. 

A $250+ (probably more) box set with 10-15 figures, some oversized would probably be squarely in HasLab range.  Yeah, OK, technically you could start squeezing Imperial Guard members into the "random character" slots in some waves but do folks really want to sit around for 30 years it's going to take Hasbro to get around to that?

So yeah, I could definitely see some more niche teams being done "all in one shot."

THAT SAID if Marvel gets a HasLab project I'm almost certain the first swipe will probably be either a Quinjet or an XL Galactus (that still ultimately won't be that much bigger than the old Toy Biz or MU ones but oh well....)

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:41 PM, mako said:

Okay, I reread my post, and in total fairness, part of it does come off a little confrontational or shamey. Totally not my intention. If anybody took offence, I am sorry.

Basically, all I'm saying is if Hasbro does do a Galactus, Ego, Helicarrier or whatever; I'd much rather it be done for retail or at least in some fashion that makes it accessible to everyone. If that means smaller, less elaborate sets, awesome.

Agreed, and to be honest, Hasbro would more likely make something that collectors would have space for,  is smaller (and less accurate) that would sell to a larger audience, than something bigger that only a few would ever be able to get. So, a Quinjet  (either comic or MCU) that could hold, say, 3-4 6" figures at $100.00,  is more plausible than one that holds 7, retailing around $300.00 and up. But I love the idea....I do so love it....