Which magneto figure is the best

Blueman55

3 hours ago, Benn said:

Oh, nevermind! That's the definitive Magneto. I don't know why most figures give him the cape, since he pretty much never wears it in the comics.

PSA: If you've got a spare cape from the 1991 Toybiz Magneto, it looks pretty great on the Secret Wars figure.  Don't have a pic handy, though...

I'm coming down on the side of the Hasbro 3-pack figure as the winner along with most of you, but I think it's a little closer of a call for me.  Toybiz had it's flaws, to be sure.  Most of them, to my mind, were the result of the reused Iron Man body (the clumsily hidden belt buckle, armor ridges on the shoulder, striated trunks, etc.).  However, there's a lot to be said for the sculpted boots and gloves.  The cape did not restrict his arm movement, he had better overall articulation, and - most importantly for me - the helmet was removable.  That's normally not a big deal.  Black Knight's helmet is sculpted on?  Fine.  Looks good.  But Magneto is seen in his red and purple uniform quite often without the helmet.  Plus, the helmet itself is kind of a stand-on-its-own symbol for the character in the same vein as Captain America's shield or Mjolnir.

The 3-pack version has it's own stuff going for it, obviously, including the better overall sculpt, energy effect pieces, and interchangeable heads.  I think that the figures in and of themselves kind of break even in the pros and cons.  The difference that puts Hasbro's over the top is how easily I can customize him for display.  For example, I can fit the unhelmeted Apocalypse wave head on there and have him hold the Toybiz helmet (even if it doesn't fit on the head).  I can also swap out the hands for Wonder Man's glowing energy fist.

Maybe I do look at the Toybiz Legends through rose colored glasses as  @mako  suggests, but there's a lot of love put into those guys, and it still showed even when the budget did, too.

Amazon 3-pack looks best but haven't convinced myself to buy it yet since just last year we got the Apoc wave version, which also looks quite good even if its not in classic colors. 

I keep hoping that 3-pack gets marked down or at least put on sale for a bit but no dice so far.  Scarlet Witch is probably my least favorite of the core Avengers but i do feel like  i need a comic Scarlet Witch to pose with avengers.  Quicksilver is a pretty important  marvel character too altho i've never liked him.  So in essence its a set i feel like i SHOULD get for my collection's sake but don't really want to. Anybody else have characters/figures that fall into this category - you want them to complete a team but don't like them individually? lol.

3 Pack Magneto, no question.  Select is out of scale, TB Series 3 is incredibly awkward and has some weird articulation left over from its previous life as Iron Man, the original Hasbro attempt is terrible, and while I like the black costume one from last year, it's just not the classic colors.