FA Storm-When Are We Going To Get Her, Already?

Squigiman

Hey,

So, a full/updated Jim Lee blue/gold team is finally almost upon us, once the new Jean comes out in the 3-pack.  This also takes care of the 90's cartoon team, with the ponytail head, outside of a Morph.  We're now also on the way to getting a full 90's X-Factor, as well.  Still, the Giant-Size team remains incomplete.  Additionally, even with the new Dazzler in the retro line, we are one player shy of a full team for the old arcade game.

We can get one step closer with one and complete the other with a first appearance Storm.  I know she's been long in demand in the fan community.  Hasbro has been doing awesome, especially with females, and they can obviously hit this one out of the park.  The only question is when?  Maybe sneak her into the "Deadpool" wave where Strong Guy is the BAF?

I mean, it's been about 12 years since the ToyFare fan poll ( http://www.oafe.net/blog/2007/09/marvel-legends-fans-choice-poll/ ), and I would even take the figure as presented back then, though I imagine they could make improvements, still.  We got Silver Samurai and a better Magneto.  Ororo needs her turn to be fulfilled, at last.  (Not to mention the Canadian twins, but that's for another post, about filling out the ranks of Alpha Flight).

-Zach

Storm.jpg

I wasn't aware of that fan poll so thanks for the link! Am I correct to guess that AOA Sunfire won the poll?

And yes! It's time Hasbro released a Giant-Sized X-men Storm costume. I've been a proponent of, instead of Wolverine, having Storm be the X-man they release a version of for the next few waves. Ororo's got so many good costumes/looks that haven't been translated to action figure form, yet. Plus I think Giant-Sized X-men aka First Appearance Storm is my fave out of her costumes.

I'm very content with not having this anytime soon, I prefer the Jim Lee one we just received in the Vintage Line, and I like the Punk Storm better then the FA look. I don't think we need to see this version of her for a while, we don't need to over saturate things

3 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I'm very content with not having this anytime soon, I prefer the Jim Lee one we just received in the Vintage Line, and I like the Punk Storm better then the FA look. I don't think we need to see this version of her for a while, we don't need to over saturate things

Yeah but a first appearance Storm finishes my arcade game roster...

4 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I mostly agree with this. I know it's an important look for a lot of people, but it feels like the anchor for a wave, and we just got a few different Storms, so I'd be content to wait a few years on it. My opinion is probably coloured by this being just about my least favourite of her costumes, but I'd rather see some characters who haven't had much, if any, love in the last few years. Where's Chamber? Dust? More villains?