Toybiz characters that Hasbro still has to do

tarot

Hey Plastic Addicts. Since we are in Hasbro world tour with more reveals each week, I decided to do a quick list of all the characters that Toybiz did but Hasbro has still not to do. Now, Hasbro has been awesome in getting as many updates for previous figure, with many of them being the best figure of that person, but there is some characters that they have yet to do. So I thought I’d make a list of them.

Please Note:

1. I will be listing the character, not costumes (that is a list for another day). If Hasbro has done a figure of the same character in a different costume (IE Captain Britain), then they will not be on this list. (When I post this on Social media people still asked why such and such was not on the list. Again this is JUST THE CHARACTER. Not any alternate costumes).
  2. There are some character that have used the same code name as other. IE the Baron Zemo that Toybiz did is NOT the same Baron Zemo that Hasbro did, or the Jack O'Lantern is not the same as Mad Jack.
  3. I believe Alternate Universe versions are a different character, so the likes of AOA Sabretooth is a different character then the Prime Sabretooth or House of M Wolverine is a different Wolverine from the prime universe. (I'm not the only one who believed this as when I did a number of poll, most people voted they were different characters.) However…..
  4. I will not include Movies version. That mean, Ben Afleck’s Daredevil and Wesley Snipes’ Blade will not be included. They are not going to remake these in Hasbro as they are not part of the MCU. 
  5. This is only the Toybiz. Any Hasbro figures (Pre-Infinity Series) will be for another list. That mean anything from the Annihilus wave onwards is not included
  6. I’ll only be listing them and giving my opinion on whether they will make it or not.

Marvel Legends (including Excluisves)

• Toad01.jpg?w=400
  • Toad
  • Chances of being remade: High
  • howardtheduck01.jpg?w=400
  • blackwidowyelena01.jpg?w=400
  • deathlokcollins01.jpg?w=400
  • Deathlok (Collins)
  • Chances of being remade: Low (Many people think the one we got from Hasbro and this are the same but they are not)
  • maestro01.jpg?w=400
  • Maestro
  • Chances of being remade: Possible (using the new Hulk base)
  • blackheart01.jpg?w=400
  • Blackheart
  • Chances of being remade: Low (but would be a BAF)
  • pyro01.jpg?w=400
  • Pyro
  • Chances of being remade: Possible
  • longshot01.jpg?w=400
  • Longshot
  • Chances of being remade: Possible
  • modok01.jpg?w=646
  • MODOK
  • Chances of being remade: Low (but would have to be a BAF).
  • captainmar-vell01.jpg?w=400
  • wiccan01.jpg?w=400
  • Wiccan
  • Chances of being remade: Low
  • ironlad01.jpg?w=400
  • dracula01.jpg?w=400
  • Dracula
  • Chances of being remade: Low (Mostly dues to rights issues but much higher then the rest of the set)
  • werewolfbynight01.jpg?w=400
  • Werewolf By Night
  • Chances of being remade: Low (Mostly dues to rights issues, but slightly higher then the rest of the set.)
  • hulkhom01.jpg?w=400
  • ithom01.jpg?w=400
  • baronvonstrucker01.jpg?w=400
  • mandarin01.jpg?w=400
  • Mandarin
  • Chances of being remade: Extremely High (he is the main villain in the Shang-Chi movie)
  • invisiblewomanheroesreborn01.jpg?w=400
  • Heroes Reborn Invisible Woman
  • Chances of being remade: Extremely Low
  • sabretoothaoa01.jpg?w=400
  • Age Of Apocalypse Sabretooth
  • Chances of being remade: Extremely High (one of the most guaranteed figure in the AOA waves)
  • doombot01.jpg?w=723
  • Doombot
  • Chances of being remade: High (swappable head)
  • doop01.jpg?w=400
  • Doop
  • vengeance01.jpg?w=400
  • Vengeance
  • Chances of being remade: Low (but possible riders set)
  • hylthri01.jpg?w=400
  • sasquatchmacdaniel01.jpg?w=400
  • ladydeathstrike01.jpg?w=400
  • mojo01.jpg?w=400
  • Mojo
  • Chances of being remade: Low (but would have to be a BAF)
  • baronheinrichzemo01.jpg?w=400
  • Baron Zemo (Heinrich)
  • Chances of being remade: Low (Because some think he is the same as the one Hasbro made. That’s this one’s son.)
  • destroyer01.jpg?w=400
  • Destroyer
  • Chances of being remade: Possible (But needs to be a BAF).
  • franklin01.jpg?w=400
  • hulkling01.jpg?w=400
  • patriot01.jpg?w=400
  • frankenstein01.jpg?w=400
  • zombie01.jpg?w=400
  • Zombie
  • Chances of being remade: Low (Mostly dues to right issues and lowest chance of the set)
  • ironmanhom01.jpg?w=400
  • inhumantorchhom01.jpg?w=400
  • leader01.jpg?w=400
  • Leader
  • Chances of being remade: Extremely High
  • jigsaw01.jpg?w=400
  • Jigsaw
  • Chances of being remade: Possible (he was the main villain of the second Punisher series)
  • mrfantasticheroesreborn01.jpg?w=400
  • Heroes Reborn Mr. Fantastic
  • Chances of being remade: Extremely Low

Spider-man Classics

• spidermanmangaverse01.jpg?w=400
  • Mangaverse Spider-man
  • Chances of being remade: Extremely High (They are running low on Spider-man Variant)
  • lizardult01.jpg?w=400
  • Ultimate Lizard
  • Chances of being remade: Possible (Now that they have the Lizard BAF, they could do this.)
  • spidermanunlimited01.jpg?w=400
  • Spider-man Unlimited
  • Chances of being remade: Extremely Low (Despite being a fan favourite, the series was a flop and wasn’t made by Disney/Sony)
  • jackolanternlevin01.jpg?w=400
  • Jack O’Lantern (Levin)
  • Chances of being remade: Extremely Low (Wrongly called Mad Jack (different person) and they think this and the one they made are the same)
  • rhinoult01.jpg?w=400
  • Ultimate Rhino
  • Chances of being remade: Possible (BAF)
  • beetledavis01.jpg?w=400
  • Beetle (Leila Davis)
  • Chances of being remade: Possible (BAF)
  • manwolf01.jpg?w=400
  • Man-Wolf
  • Chances of being remade: Possible (They can easily make this using part from either Jackal or Beast.)
  • toxinmulligan01.jpg?w=400
  • Toxin (Mulligan)
  • Chances of being remade: Possible (The one Hasbro made was the Eddy Brock version, not this version.)

X-men Classics

• wolverinehom01.jpg?w=400
  • House of M Wolverine
  • Chances of being remade: Possible (Runnig Low on Wolverine versions)
  • icemanult01.jpg?w=400
  • Ultimate Iceman
  • Chances of being remade: Possible (But would need to be done on the Teen body)
  • sabretoothult01.jpg?w=400
  • Ultimate Sabretooth
  • Chances of being remade: Low (Not requested as much)
  • avalanche01.jpg?w=400
  • Avalanche
  • Chances of being remade: Possible (He never wore a version of this in the comics)
  • nightcrawlerult01.jpg?w=400
  • Ultimate Nightcrawler
  • Chances of being remade: Possible (We now have the Nightcrawler body so they may make more of him)

Hulk Classics

• gremlin01.jpg?w=400
  • Gremlin (the small guy)
  • Chances of being remade: Low (Maybe as a pack-in with Titanium man and not a non-existent mecha hulk.)

Fantastic Four Classics

• thingult01.jpg?w=400
  • Ultimate Thing
  • Chances of being remade: Possible (They have the Thing build now.)
  • humantorchult01.jpg?w=400
  • Ultimate Human Torch
  • invisiblewomanult01.jpg?w=400
  • Ultimate Invisible Woman
  • mrfantasticult01.jpg?w=400
  • Ultimate Mr. Fantastic
  • Chances of being remade: High (He has become a villain in the Prime Universe)
  • impossibleman01.jpg?w=400
  • Impossible Man
  • dragonman01.jpg?w=400
  • Dragon Man
  • Chances of being remade: Extremely high (One of the most requested BAFs to date)

4 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Interesting list, though I wouldn't put Wiccan and Hulking as a low given they are still being used in various books. Mar-Vell on the other hand, I would put as possible given Marvel seem to be trying to write him out.

Sigh. Marvel is not trying to write him out. They have constantly referred to him in the danvers books. Jesus for a character that has been dead for decades we still have people who think marvel doesnt  care for him

Just now, tarot said:

Sigh. Marvel is not trying to write him out. They have constantly referred to him in the danvers books. Jesus for a character that has been dead for decades we still have people who think marvel does care for him

Didn't the Life of Captain Marvel attempt to write him out of Carol's backstory by revealing her Kree genetics are from her mum not from the accident with Mar-Vell

1 minute ago, leokearon said:

Didn't the Life of Captain Marvel attempt to write him out of Carol's backstory by revealing her Kree genetics are from her mum not from the accident with Mar-Vell

No no. They keep her involvement with marvel. They just revealed that she was part kree the whole time. Mar-vel only theorised that he gave her her powers thinking she was full human. It just turned out not to be the case

22 minutes ago, tarot said:

No no. They keep her involvement with marvel. They just revealed that she was part kree the whole time. Mar-vel only theorised that he gave her her powers thinking she was full human. It just turned out not to be the case

Okay. A Mar-Vell toy would be cool with interchangable Genis head, or maybe a Family of Mar-Vell pack

Good list. Looks like you pretty much covered them all. Just think about how long it woulda been if you'd included pre-Legends figures as they do with the Vintage Line. Destroyer and Mar-Vell are particular points of irritation to me because there's literally no reason they shouldn't have been done already. Though I'm pretty sure I know why one of them hasn't been done, there's still no real rationale why Destroyer didn't make it at least into the 10 Years line. It woulda been a double win as the MCU version is almost identical to the comic version and all it would take was an alternate head sculpt to get pretty decent representations of both. It's just a travesty at this point. And before anyone feels duty bound to call me out on this, yes I understand they're just toys and yes I'm being dramatic. Kinda sucks that we gotta stipulate that nowadays but that's just the way things are.

I've been actually thinking about the possibilities of both Mojo and MODOK cuz they are just so outta the norm, even in the Toybiz days, but I really think they have a strong possibility of being done in the Premium (or Riders) line, similar to Professor X. I think MODOK has been portrayed having been separated from his chair before and I wanna say they've also done it with Mojo, but that one might be a product of my increasingly faltering memory. On the outset it may seem unfortunate if they make us pay a premium price for it rather than include it as a "bonus" like their predecessors, but to some it might seem like a better deal to just outright buy it instead of having to purchase an entire wave with figures they might not want just to get them as the BAF. Of course, they'll have to forego the actual Riders designation (which I think they've wisely never actually included on the packaging) as to be totally non offensive, but I think it would be a winner.

6 hours ago, monron999 said:

Good list. Looks like you pretty much covered them all. Just think about how long it woulda been if you'd included pre-Legends figures as they do with the Vintage Line.

Dear god. I wouldn't even know where to start with that. This list took 3 days to do (hence the reason it was the only post on my site for the week. Most of it was gathering images and making pages for the characters. Imagine what I would have to do for those figures.)

2 minutes ago, Benn said:

What's the potential hang-up with the classic horror characters? What kind of rights issue would there be? Aren't all those characters in the public domain?

many of them aren't in public domain as much as people think. for Frankenstein for instant is still owned by the Mary Sherry estate. Making a figure of him, they would have to get permission from the estate to merchandise it. 

For Dracula, while he is major character in the comics and still can, merchandising Dracula would require permission the Storker estate or Universal Studio, who owns the out right movie rights the the Dracula movies. He can appear in other movies but the title can't contain his name (though of the 4 he has the highest chance of being made in his modern armored version).

Zombie won't get remade as Marvel previously stated that they don't want to make any more Zombie figure as they don't think it's right image for the company (though that seem to have change in recent year).

Werewolf by Night is actually the only one that can be made without permission as it is an original character.

Of course, Hasbro could bypass all of these by simply putting Marvel's Dracula, Marvel's Frankenstein etc but they might want to wait in case of legal matters.