Jump to content
AnotherPunkChef

Obscure waves or figures we'll never get.

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Shamrock last appeared in Fearless Defenders were she now runs an Irish Pub in New York

Well, no cultural stereotypes there. 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mako said:

Well, no cultural stereotypes there. 🙄

She's a walking stereotype, hence why she isn't popular with Irish comic fans who know about her

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, leokearon said:

She's a walking stereotype, hence why she isn't popular with Irish comic fans who know about her

No doubt. Still, from the smack talking black guy with a heart of gold, the angry black woman, the super tech-savvy kung-fu master Asian, to the clueless hillbilly yokel, comics are a medium of stereotypes. It's not a perfect situation, but until writers start learning how to write again, that's the Heck we live in.

Plus we can all think of a lot worse stereotypes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, mako said:

No doubt. Still, from the smack talking black guy with a heart of gold, the angry black woman, the super tech-savvy kung-fu master Asian, to the clueless hillbilly yokel, comics are a medium of stereotypes. It's not a perfect situation, but until writers start learning how to write again, that's the Heck we live in.

Plus we can all think of a lot worse stereotypes.

Probably, it would help if writers actually researched the locations or better yet get people who live there to write about that country's characters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey I just think Shamrock looks visually pleasing, didn't mean to cause any problems folks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Hey I just think Shamrock looks visually pleasing, didn't mean to cause any problems folks

 

Not your fault, she's a living stereotype. Also to be honest I always hated the costume.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Probably, it would help if writers actually researched the locations or better yet get people who live there to write about that country's characters

I remember back in the day, I believe it was Innovation who published a Quantum Leap comic, and they brought in different writers for each issue who would somehow be associated with whoever Sam leaped into: a gay writer to do an issue about the Stonewall riot, a female writer to do an issue about rape, etc. Of course that was mostly just a marketing ploy, and i don't see how that could be in any way doable on a wide scale.

Better to just go the old-fashioned route and have writers research what they're writing about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mako said:

I remember back in the day, I believe it was Innovation who published a Quantum Leap comic, and they brought in different writers for each issue who would somehow be associated with whoever Sam leaped into: a gay writer to do an issue about the Stonewall riot, a female writer to do an issue about rape, etc. Of course that was mostly just a marketing ploy, and i don't see how that could be in any way doable on a wide scale.

Better to just go the old-fashioned route and have writers research what they're writing about.

Captain Britain did extremely well when he was written by British writers and artists and Marvel are trying to avoid the stereotypes with their ne Future Fight characters by again getting people from the actual countries to write them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Hey I just think Shamrock looks visually pleasing, didn't mean to cause any problems folks

 

No problems. You're right. Shamrock is a visually interesting character. Bringing her up also opened the door to explore another interesting aspect of the character. Thanks for that.

That being said, I'm sure one of the mods is likely to turn up soon and roust us for getting off-topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2019 at 12:34 PM, Gigantor said:

Why Hasbro hasn't done the original White Tiger/Hector Ayala yet is beyond me. Sunfire Buck plus new gloves, lower legs & headsculpt & done! Put him in next Spidey related wave or in the Shang Chi movie wave!

YESrjxY.jpg

e80TBPn.jpg

QZFqPiB.jpg

So far I'm happy with my custom but I'll be super excited they make an official Marvel Legend of Hector Ayala. I agree that a Spider-Man wave would be the ideal place for him unless they put him in a 2-pack with Jack of Hearts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly all this talk of a Hector White Tiger, I'd be way more interested in seeing a White Wolf 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Honestly all this talk of a Hector White Tiger, I'd be way more interested in seeing a White Wolf 

That's Hunter right ? Again another easy to do figure for Hasbro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2019 at 10:33 AM, belmont13 said:

So far I'm happy with my custom but I'll be super excited they make an official Marvel Legend of Hector Ayala. I agree that a Spider-Man wave would be the ideal place for him unless they put him in a 2-pack with Jack of Hearts.

I'm fine with the Ava Ayala White Tiger we already got, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, leokearon said:

That's Hunter right ? Again another easy to do figure for Hasbro

yeah, My thoughts exactly, but yet it's also a new character rather then being another white tiger, since i was content with ayala, and the repaint for white wolf would be dumb simple , vintage black panther painted white, and a few black accents and add a cape

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, now I'm just gonna go with Rachel Cole-Alves. She's fairly new, not enough appearances, will require a lot of new sculpting (even though they don't seem to care as much these days), and not many waves she could be placed in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nieman257 said:

and not many waves she could be placed in.

That just makes her more perfect. I don't think I've seen a series yet that didn't shoe-horn in at least one random, out-of-left-field character as filler.

Maybe you thought Rock Python was part of some grand design?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mako said:

That just makes her more perfect. I don't think I've seen a series yet that didn't shoe-horn in at least one random, out-of-left-field character as filler.

Maybe you thought Rock Python was part of some grand design?

The Serpent Society?🐍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nieman257 said:

OK, now I'm just gonna go with Rachel Cole-Alves. She's fairly new, not enough appearances, will require a lot of new sculting (even though they don't seem to care as much these days), and not many waves she could be placed in.

She could be done, that or Lynn Michaels. Either could be put into a Spider-man wave since that's where the street heroes end up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, UsurperSmurf said:

The Serpent Society?🐍

Okay, I did blank on his Serpent Society link, but my point still stands. There was absolutely nothing about Rock that would put him in that particular series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id love to see the original Guardians of the Galaxy from the 70s I'd also love to see them do a fantastic Medusa figure either with interchangeable heads or hair extensions of some kind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heck yeah. Definitely want an ol' 6" classic Yondu at least. I like Vance Astro, but something about the ML I just never really liked about it. And his face reminds me of Robin Williams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SteveA said:

Id love to see the original Guardians of the Galaxy from the 70s I'd also love to see them do a fantastic Medusa figure either with interchangeable heads or hair extensions of some kind

Well we got Major Victory, so it is possible Hasbro will start doing the other members in time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2019 at 4:50 PM, SteveA said:

Id love to see the original Guardians of the Galaxy from the 70s I'd also love to see them do a fantastic Medusa figure either with interchangeable heads or hair extensions of some kind

 

They could really do Medusa with Barbie-esque hair. That would be the perfect way to do her. it's not like they don't already do the FoD dolls. And if they really wanted to step it up, they could use bendy wire hair that was a thing in the 90's,

 

Y'all think we'll ever get a ZZzax? Or Azazel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nieman257 said:

 

They could really do Medusa with Barbie-esque hair. That would be the perfect way to do her. it's not like they don't already do the FoD dolls. And if they really wanted to step it up, they could use bendy wire hair that was a thing in the 90's,

 

Y'all think we'll ever get a ZZzax? Or Azazel?

ZZzax would be an interesting BAF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE