what are the chances of us seeing accurate quantum suit figures?

michiganjfrog

do you think hasbro is willing to revisit the quantum suits and make them more accurate?  Is it worth it to them?  

The grey suits look pretty bad IMO not to mention not movie accurate. I get that they were already planed and they were dealing with getting them released on time,but too bad it wasnt held off a while

I really like the white suits in the movie and i think of all the head swaps you could do with them for display options. makes me hope they take another shot at it

Honestly I don't want them to revisit them. There are still characters and suits from that movie that take priority then a team uniform style suit. 

The problem hasbro and many other companies have is that they have to release the figure in time for the movie. It can't  be the case of them waiting for the movie. They can't wait for the official designs. When a movie is gone the sales of the figure will drop dramatically.

As you know, They use concept art and build the figures. By the time they go into full product, the directors may change something with consulting the toy makers.

And before anyone mention Figurarts, Mafex and etc, they are high end collector line for speciality store, not general production toys for general stores. They are allowed to wait as they know that adult collectors will want them and not kids. Hasbro doesn't have that luxury as they also have to sell the toys to kids. Hasbro is a kids toys company that has a adult collector following. They don't have to make collectibles, they have to make toys.

I don't know, I passed on them the first time, I'd pass on them again, TBH. I only got the Hawkeye and Black Widow set for their heads to put on the IW Widow and Endgame Ronin, passed on the Cap, and wouldn't care for accurate Quantum Suits. Give me Warrior Bro, Snapping Mk 85, Captain Haircut, IM and Rescue accessory set, Pirate Rocket... Hero Hulk... and an easily accessible Worthy Cap.

18 minutes ago, leokearon said:

I doubt it is worth the effort, besides there are still plenty of MCU character who haven't gotten a figure that would be better choices for Hasbro to use their time and money on.

Exactly, thinking about building the whole group they'd have to make a mold for:

Female (2)

Standard male (4)

Rocket

Hulk

WarMachine

Thor

That's 6 different figures for a 10 figure team. And only one of them is repaintable (WM). I haven't read too much interest in getting this... I wouldn't say it won't be made... but I just really doubt it, even if they were con-exclusives.

I'd love to see them revisit this and give us accurate suits, I really hated that we didn't get the accurate suits or helmets, or the right heads, they could just release a 4 pack, 1 male body and multi heads, one female body with multi heads, a rocket and a thor , i'd be stoked. don't think I care about the need for a War Machine, the EG fig is good enough. the suits looked amazing in the movie, the figures not so much.

3 hours ago, michiganjfrog said:

I might try repainting one, I at least want ant-man to display

I usually just stick to simple repaints but it may be worth a try

I think that's exactly what they'll do too. A repaint of the two-pack and the already existing war machine, Rocket, and Hulk bodies. They might even include masked heads.

After re-watching the movie, I don't feel like I need/want any more quantum suit figures.  The suits weren't in as much of the movie as I remembered or as much as the promo material made people think they were.

I wouldn't mind Hasbro taking another shot at the Quantum Suits. However, I don't know how they can exactly do that.

Tony Stark, Captain America, Ant-Man and Hawkeye can all share body sculpts. Nebula and Black Widow the same. However, Rocket Raccoon, War Machine, Hulk and Thor each would use a different mold. In the case of Hulk, he's a big character. Maybe they could do something similar to the Target 2-pack, and then maybe release War Machine and Thor as a 2-pack and Hulk and Rocket as another.

However, considering the Quantum Suits ended up having a much less significant role than promotional art and merchandise made them look like they would have, I'm not particularly stoked for the prospect of Hasbro revisiting this wardrobe.

If they could make it cost effective, one body ( or 2 pack) sold with all appropriate heads that would fit that body type. ( Tony, Cap, Antman, Hawkeye, etc) PLUS a helmeted head for each, slightly higher price point for the extras.... then maybe. 

Hasbro's dilemma now is do they make Thor ( new sculpt in quantum suit,) hulk, rocket and war machine in movie accurate white or stick with the grey they already have out ? No win situation.

personally the grey  doesn’t bother me that much. With the different heads it is a good representation of that 10 minute (estimate) that the Avengers wore these suits. Just curious if the rest of the team will get made

• 3 weeks later...

I was kinda meh on the set. The only notable thing was that we got double jointed arms for female figures now. The grey paint makes them over all blah....and while I liked the Black Widow head, the Hawkeye doesn't look like Renner to me, in fact I thought it was Grillo.

A re-release with the updated, accurate suits from the movie? Yeah, theyd look better. Would people buy?

If they produce it with an exclusive, niche market in mind....they could pull it off.