Sign in to follow this  
komododragin

Spider-Man Marvel Legends

My question is, if Sony and Disney don't come to an agreement, will they stop making movie Spider-Man Marvel Legends? We never got any movie Venom figures and the Into the Spider-Verse figures weren't movie accurate. I think chances are they won't make any more if they split.

I’m not sure but my guess is that it would be more like spiderverse and venom in that hasbro makes comic versions of characters appearing in the movies rather than doing mcu/Sonyverse versions

5 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

I’m not sure but my guess is that it would be more like spiderverse and venom in that hasbro makes comic versions of characters appearing in the movies rather than doing mcu/Sonyverse versions

So we'll get comic characters we probably already have or may eventually get anyway. That would be a shame.

31 minutes ago, michiganjfrog said:

don't forget we got electro and the Garfield spidey a few years ago

again that was before the whole push from Disney not to do any figure not from the MCU. The only reason we got the Spider-verse 2-pack was because they were cool with Sony.

34 minutes ago, tarot said:

again that was before the whole push from Disney not to do any figure not from the MCU. The only reason we got the Spider-verse 2-pack was because they were cool with Sony.

The Disney push not to do non-MCU movie merchandise only affected the Fox properties. Hasbro produced an entire line of toys for Into the Spider-Verse, and the Webb films also had their fair share of merchandise.

This is because in 2011, Sony sold all of the Spider-Man merchandise rights they held back to Marvel. Marvel and its licensees can pump as much merchandise of Spider-Man movies as they want because it's in their control.

The possible fallout from the Sony deal isn't going to affect Spider-Man Marvel legends figures apart from the lack of new Sony movie and game figures

It occurs to me that while i have a lot of mcu figs i don't actually have any mcu spidey figures (including villains) so i guess hasbro not making more wouldn't bother me all that much, personally.  I had an IW wave Iron Spider at one point but my friend's kids wanted one so i gave it to him, since i didn't care that much for the waldoes-lacking version all that much.  

I do wonder if this means they will scale back on the number of spidey waves we get, especially during non-movie years.  Feels like hasbro has covered an awful lot of the A-list villains & allies already, as well as most of the more popular costume variants.   

On 8/21/2019 at 2:23 AM, leokearon said:

The possible fallout from the Sony deal isn't going to affect Spider-Man Marvel legends figures apart from the lack of new Sony movie and game figures

Do you think they'll still be able to revisit characters from the movies before the deal broke?

On 8/20/2019 at 9:24 PM, ADour said:

Marvel and its licensees can pump as much merchandise of Spider-Man movies as they want because it's in their control.

But I don't think they would since that would promote movies that aren't part of Disney.

48 minutes ago, komododragin said:

But I don't think they would since that would promote movies that aren't part of Disney.

Spidey is the most profitable character in marvel  with one of the biggest fan. Do you think disney cares if they promote a movie that not theirs when they get all the merch profits?

15 minutes ago, tarot said:

Spidey is the most profitable character in marvel  with one of the biggest fan. Do you think disney cares if they promote a movie that not theirs when they get all the merch profits?

Right.  Plus, Disney really only had a problem with the Fox stuff at the time.  They still made plenty of product from the amazing Spider-Man movies.  I’m still perplexed why they didn’t do stuff from Venom and into the Spider-Verse to a larger extent 

1 hour ago, komododragin said:

Spider-Man is a popular character, and his lowest-grossing movies still make tons of money, so Hasbro and Disney not jumping on the merchandise train is their loss. Plus, this is not a case like the X-Men movies, in which Fox obtained merchandise profits. Sony will get nothing out of it.

12 hours ago, komododragin said:

Do you think they'll still be able to revisit characters from the movies before the deal broke?

I don't see why not, though it is hard to really see who else needs to be made, since they have done the costumes and the villains

10 hours ago, leokearon said:

I don't see why not, though it is hard to really see who else needs to be made, since they have done the costumes and the villains

I was mainly referring to Shocker, but I also hope they make a Michael Keaton and Gyllenhaal head sculpt.

1 hour ago, komododragin said:

I was mainly referring to Shocker, but I also hope they make a Michael Keaton and Gyllenhaal head sculpt.

Shocker would be okay. As for the head sculpts that is up to the actors