Hasbro to Remove Plastic From Toy Packaging Starting in 2020

JayC

Interesting. Hopefully there not using this to up the prices on them. My collection is growing pretty quick and at the same time my storage space for all there boxes is shrinking so i could go for some non essential packaging. I also buy a lot of my figs out of package anyway so not a big deal really. they will most likely use a more biodegradable "plastic" that degrades in 20 to 30 years. collectors should be fine. I don't remember what they were but i seem to remember some figs in cardboard blisters in the past. if they did that with just a thin biodegradable window that could work well.

10 hours ago, Satam said:

And when was that?  Because there is a huge contingent of people who refuse to buy sight unseen.

Pretty much since the '70's and beyound, their were a lot of toys (granted mostly vehicles, playsets and larger figures) that were just cardboard boxes with pretty pictures

13 hours ago, Satam said:

Maybe I read your comment incorrectly, but the plastic in marvel legends packaging is marked with a 1 for PET, just like water bottles.  It's the most frequently and easily recycled plastic in the world. 

Nope, you read correctly. I stand corrected, thank you!