Jump to content
DarthOdette

Best Legend This Year (So Far)?

Recommended Posts

For a year that started out very slow, it sure kicked it into high gear in August.  Top figure for me is Nightcrawler, Gambit had that spot until I got Kurt in hand.  Can't deny what a killer year it's been for X-Men and Legends in general.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, memocromatico said:

Might just be because I'm really happy to finally have gotten him (at almost twice the price... but it really wasn't popping up at all!)

I’m glad you were able to get him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Merchverse said:

Definitely the year of X-Men. Prof X is my number 1. But beast, gambit jubilee, nightcrawler, colossus and storm were all good too. Weapon X wolverine was very underrated too.

Yup Xavier is my top and nightcrawler is a close second 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, greenlucario said:

For a year that started out very slow, it sure kicked it into high gear in August.  Top figure for me is Nightcrawler, Gambit had that spot until I got Kurt in hand.  Can't deny what a killer year it's been for X-Men and Legends in general.  

Yup the year of X-Men and the year of classic designs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, DarthOdette said:

To me the big question is: is it better than last year?  Both were incredible, but does ‘18 or ‘19 take the cake?

19 is definitely the winner for me.  I’ve been collecting since the old Toybiz days and I can’t recall a year like this with so many releases that are most haves.  I am not a collector that has to have every figure in a wave, but I have more BAF this year than I have ever had in previous years.  I feel like Hasbro has stepped up their game this year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tough call man! Really tough call! As everyone has pointed out already, the latter half of this year has been a phenom! Thor would be my pick! I've been a Thor fan all my life, and that my wife got the 80th version for me for my birthday recently just made it all the better! 

Had Guardian come with his metallic paint and a better expression, that easily would have been my #1, but alas, I just gotta let that go man, lol. 80th Iron Man and the Hulk are tied for a close second place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't had the funds to get many this year but I did get Nightcrawler and he's pretty damn good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CO_Alex said:

19 is definitely the winner for me.  I’ve been collecting since the old Toybiz days and I can’t recall a year like this with so many releases that are most haves.  I am not a collector that has to have every figure in a wave, but I have more BAF this year than I have ever had in previous years.  I feel like Hasbro has stepped up their game this year.  

I totally agree, though I think I actually only have one BAF which is odd with how great the year has been 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Air-Walker said:

Tough call man! Really tough call! As everyone has pointed out already, the latter half of this year has been a phenom! Thor would be my pick! I've been a Thor fan all my life, and that my wife got the 80th version for me for my birthday recently just made it all the better! 

Had Guardian come with his metallic paint and a better expression, that easily would have been my #1, but alas, I just gotta let that go man, lol. 80th Iron Man and the Hulk are tied for a close second place. 

It’s been a great year.  Though, I still need to get Thor and Hulk still!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grahf said:

I haven't had the funds to get many this year but I did get Nightcrawler and he's pretty damn good.

Yeah he’s a special figure 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, DarthOdette said:

I’m sure that would be my answer as well, if I had hulk yet that is 

Well I haven't got mine yet either my preorder at BBTS till listed for August.

If I could turn into a rage monster I would by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, UsurperSmurf said:

Well I haven't got mine yet either my preorder at BBTS till listed for August.

If I could turn into a rage monster I would by now.

BBTS has been having that problem a lot lately.  Either stuff is much later than the competition, or shockingly earlier.  Still my go-to and have been for years 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DarthOdette said:

BBTS has been having that problem a lot lately.  Either stuff is much later than the competition, or shockingly earlier.  Still my go-to and have been for years 

It's possible that the "shockingly earlier" explains the "lately later". It's not uncommon for manufacturers to "punish" retailers for breaking street dates. Hasbro can't really punish the Targets and Walmarts of the world, because they rely so heavily on them, but it's not out of the question that BBTS messed up and got cut out of the first run of each wave for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Benn said:

It's possible that the "shockingly earlier" explains the "lately later". It's not uncommon for manufacturers to "punish" retailers for breaking street dates. Hasbro can't really punish the Targets and Walmarts of the world, because they rely so heavily on them, but it's not out of the question that BBTS messed up and got cut out of the first run of each wave for a while.

Ah yeah that may just be what happened 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2019 at 1:31 AM, DarthOdette said:

To me the big question is: is it better than last year?  Both were incredible, but does ‘18 or ‘19 take the cake?

It's been an amazing couple of years, for '18: the 10th anniversary stuff was all awesome, the SDCC exclusives really did it for me, the only big disappointment being Rand, and it really increased my MCU collection. This year the focus has been more on the comic figure collectors, and I've still gotten what feels like definitive versions of a lot of the MCU characters... I could sway either way  TBH. If they announced a BroThor in armor, tho... 

I insist, a Tres Amigos vs Angry Grimace w/removable helmet pack would be the way to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just broke my Emma Frost Walgreens' exclusive figure out of the package last night and started posing her around, swapping heads and taking pics for my Instagram account and I must say, she's my favorite figure of the year so far.   I'm sure my bias for the comic book character plays a huge factor in that, but she's a vast improvement in the previous Emma in the white gear/Puck Wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DarthOdette said:

It’s been a great year.  Though, I still need to get Thor and Hulk still!

Yes, get them! The Hulk especially! He's just so big and green and Hulky, it's awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2019 at 2:31 AM, DarthOdette said:

To me the big question is: is it better than last year?  Both were incredible, but does ‘18 or ‘19 take the cake?

2019, by just a bit.  I'd say 2018 had a more even distribution of great figures across almost the whole year's waves, but there's no denying that between the X-Men and the 80th Anniversary Avengers 2019 had more star power going for it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For figure of the year, gotta go with  Hulk altho i suppose i could yet change my mind, and its a bit unfair since he is pricier than typical MLs.  However, he's a very tough figure to put down and even when i intend to take pics of other figs, he often smashes his way into the photoshoot somehow.

  Last year, Thing was my favorite.

As far as '18 vs '19, very tough call.   Let's break it down:

 BAFs:  Winner -  '18.  Sauron, Monster Venom, Apocalypse, Lizard, Sasquatch, even Cull Obsidian all great BAFs. This year's only real standout imo is Kingpin (altho i think Prof Hulk and Wendigo both look good)

X-waves:  Winner -  '19  I think caliban, wendigo and retro wave beat out last year.  Apoc wave was outstanding but just too much Deadpool in the other waves. Although if you are a Deadpool fan you would probably give '18 the edge over '19

Spider-waves: Winner - '18 . The Kingpin wave and Molten Man wave both came across as a bit lackluster and i only ended up grabbing 2 figs from each wave. Not entirely fair since last year had the venom wave, too.

MCU waves: Winner -  '19.  .  I think IW wave 2 beats Endgame wave 2 and BP wave 1 beats FFH wave, but Endgame wave 1 edges out IW wave 1  plus you have BP wave 2 and Endgame wave 3. Close call though.

Walgreen Exclusives:  Winner '18:  Ben, Surfer and Reed top WG's offerings this year.

Vintage:  Winner - '19:   While VW 2 was great, i prefer the packaging for this year's x-wave and the Hulk retro figs puts this year on top.

Anniversary line - '19:  While the 10th anniversary line was amazing, the classic comic figs in the 80th line give it the victory. Both had great mcu figures.

So overall, i would say imo 2019 is the better year altho 2018 was the best year for MLs up to that point.   However, i think people more attached to Spider-man, Deadpool, or the FF could argue that 18 is better than 19.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, memocromatico said:

It's been an amazing couple of years, for '18: the 10th anniversary stuff was all awesome, the SDCC exclusives really did it for me, the only big disappointment being Rand, and it really increased my MCU collection. This year the focus has been more on the comic figure collectors, and I've still gotten what feels like definitive versions of a lot of the MCU characters... I could sway either way  TBH. If they announced a BroThor in armor, tho... 

I insist, a Tres Amigos vs Angry Grimace w/removable helmet pack would be the way to go.

That’d be one hell of a 4 pack 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Darth_Primus said:

I just broke my Emma Frost Walgreens' exclusive figure out of the package last night and started posing her around, swapping heads and taking pics for my Instagram account and I must say, she's my favorite figure of the year so far.   I'm sure my bias for the comic book character plays a huge factor in that, but she's a vast improvement in the previous Emma in the white gear/Puck Wave.

I’m glad you like her, I personally would’ve preferred the white queen look so I’m holding out for that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Air-Walker said:

Yes, get them! The Hulk especially! He's just so big and green and Hulky, it's awesome!

Oh you don’t have to convince me, just my wallet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, greenlucario said:

2019, by just a bit.  I'd say 2018 had a more even distribution of great figures across almost the whole year's waves, but there's no denying that between the X-Men and the 80th Anniversary Avengers 2019 had more star power going for it.  

I think that’s an accurate assessment.  Last year had a lot of ‘cool’ figures and figures you’d get excited about because you never expected to get them, but this year is like the year of must haves.  Way more figures that are the quintessential versions 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

For figure of the year, gotta go with  Hulk altho i suppose i could yet change my mind, and its a bit unfair since he is pricier than typical MLs.  However, he's a very tough figure to put down and even when i intend to take pics of other figs, he often smashes his way into the photoshoot somehow.

  Last year, Thing was my favorite.

As far as '18 vs '19, very tough call.   Let's break it down:

 BAFs:  Winner -  '18.  Sauron, Monster Venom, Apocalypse, Lizard, Sasquatch, even Cull Obsidian all great BAFs. This year's only real standout imo is Kingpin (altho i think Prof Hulk and Wendigo both look good)

X-waves:  Winner -  '19  I think caliban, wendigo and retro wave beat out last year.  Apoc wave was outstanding but just too much Deadpool in the other waves. Although if you are a Deadpool fan you would probably give '18 the edge over '19

Spider-waves: Winner - '18 . The Kingpin wave and Molten Man wave both came across as a bit lackluster and i only ended up grabbing 2 figs from each wave. Not entirely fair since last year had the venom wave, too.

MCU waves: Winner -  '19.  .  I think IW wave 2 beats Endgame wave 2 and BP wave 1 beats FFH wave, but Endgame wave 1 edges out IW wave 1  plus you have BP wave 2 and Endgame wave 3. Close call though.

Walgreen Exclusives:  Winner '18:  Ben, Surfer and Reed top WG's offerings this year.

Vintage:  Winner - '19:   While VW 2 was great, i prefer the packaging for this year's x-wave and the Hulk retro figs puts this year on top.

Anniversary line - '19:  While the 10th anniversary line was amazing, the classic comic figs in the 80th line give it the victory. Both had great mcu figures.

So overall, i would say imo 2019 is the better year altho 2018 was the best year for MLs up to that point.   However, i think people more attached to Spider-man, Deadpool, or the FF could argue that 18 is better than 19.

I think I agree with everything.  MCU is kinda a toss up.  I could go either way.  But I’m more in it for the comics these days 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Shop for Marvel Action Figures

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • In this segment called Marvelous Photo Of The Day, we spotlight awesome Toy Photography from some of the hottest photographers on the Internet today. For today we are spotlighting Photographer Aliska and her photo of the Marvel One:12 Collective Daredevil figure titled "Beat To Hell". You can purchase One:12 Collective figures from our sponsor Megalopolis.Toys.   "Beat To Hell" By Aliska Be sure to give Aliska a follow on Instagram and let her know what you think of their work in the comments below.
    • Believe it or not, they did release a Satana back in the 2013 SDCC Exclusive Thunderbolts boxed set.  It's not the classic look of course, but was pretty far from toned down for Hasbro.
    • That's what I'm holding out hope for. Too true, sad, but true.
    • I have to say the Walgreen's Invisible Woman is my favorite for three reasons: 1) she was my very first Marvel Legends figure, my gateway into collecting this brand; 2) Sue is my favorite female Marvel superhero; and 3) it's a good-looking figure with cool interchangeable hands, an attractive body and head sculpt--and H.E.R.B.I.E.! Other female Marvel Legends I really like are: Spider-Gwen Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew, original costume) Black Widow (vintage wave) The Enchantress Female characters that I want Hasbro to release are: Captain Marvel II/Photon/Spectrum (classic Monica Rambeau) She-Hulk (either from the Savage or Sensational She-Hulk comics, not the new version) Magik (classic New Mutants costume with the eldritch armored arm and a reasonable-sized sword) Gamora (original appearance, green fishnet-looking costume) Satana, the Devil's Daughter (I doubt this will happen) Colleen Wing (my Misty Knight figure needs her partner) Clea (Doctor Strange's paramour) Tigra Princess Python (from the Circus of Crime, complete with giant bendy-wire snake that can wrap around her) Rogue (original green costume, hood, short hair) The Wasp is another one of my favorite Marvel women, and I have both of her comic figures, but I really would like to see another based on one of her more iconic costumes from either the '70s or '80s.
    • Carol Danvers Ms Marvel hands down. She looks like how a real woman looks (I know, I collect toys, how would I know what a real woman should look like). Her proportions are perfect to me. She is one character that Hasbro and even Toybiz seems to just knock out of the park. Loved the Toybiz’s version and the Hasbro one upped that version as well. A few others are Mockingbird (great sculpt and costume), Photon (or was she Pulsar? Beautiful face) MCU Wasp was a pleasant surprise, and i thought the Riders Black Widow was a welcome minor change to her usual offering


×
×
  • Create New...







Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE