2019 Fan Expo Canada Marvel Panel - Amazon Alpha Flight Boxset Revealed

JayC

44 minutes ago, tarot said:

I noticed they keep showing the Doom and Shehulk together further hinting at my theory of a F4 wave.

I thought it was weird how they kept saying Marvel would kill them if they said anything more on those two figures. Announcing something like what store might carry what figure is generally not something Marvel would care about so you may be onto something about a FF wave.

7 hours ago, JayC said:

The only thing I'm disappointed in is no Box 😞

Whatcha talkin bout? They come in a BOX set. : P

All kidding aside, Yeah, I was really hoping that Box coulda made the team but he requires an entire brand new sculpt so I can see why he wasn't included in this set. This set only required new head sculpts along with Snowbird's cape. The existing bodies were already there & just needed repaints. I do think they should have used Forge's boots for Shaman so now I gotta go buy 2 Forges just to swap the boots of the extra one onto Dr TwoYoungmen. I have high hopes that we get Box as a BAF in a future X-related wave. Considering some of the choices Hasbro has decided to make BAFs out of, I think Box rated to be done before many of em IMO. He is over due! I prefer his Red Version as the Blue version was from when he was a bad guy on the Omega Flight team that fought AF in issue #12.

Box 1.jpg

Box with AF.jpg

Box with Omega Flight.jpg

2 hours ago, dannygrayce84 said:

I feel like such an idiot selling my Sasquatch last month! The only reason I sold it was I didn't anticipate Hasbro doing Alpha Flight, but thats my Dumbass !!~

Oh ye of little faith. Now that Sasquatch is gonna go up in price. I Have both Sasquatch & Guardian (wasn't paying scalper prices for pinhead Puck) And lo & behold Hasbro heard our complaints about Mr  Judd's tiny cranium & went on & fixed it with a new size appropriate head sculpt. Now scalper prices on ebay will plummet to near nothing as no one will be buying pinhead Puck from them now that we're getting the correct head sized version. I figured we'd get AF piecemeal over the next 2 yrs, with 1 or 2 getting announced at this con, I figured either the twins or new Puck with correct sized noggin, imagine my shock & ecstatic surprise to see that Hasbro just said "F&^%$ it , we're doing all the core remaining members now & in one boxset" Excellent price tag & it will make for a great X-mas gift for yours truly, already told the wife "thank you for the X-mas gift, you need not get me anything else". I will also be putting 1st app 80th anniv Wolvy in my AF team as that was the 1st team he was a member of.  

DSCF8504.JPG

Wonderful surprise! Ive got some gripes about Snowbird's head and colour choice, but overall I love this set. Never cared for Puck, either as a character or a figure, but cant have Alpha Flight without him, now can we? But odd they used Heather instead of Marinna. Either way....I'm gettin' it!! ALPHA FLIGHT COMPLETE! Now lets finish up original GUARDIANS!!

Wow, this is perfection. I have to have this. I love every single figure. I know that Puck is a re-issue of the BAF, but I still love it. This is exactly the type of thing we need more of, Hasbro. More. of. this. please.

3 hours ago, Starlord67 said:

Wouldn't Sugar Man be small? I remember him jumping in someone's boot to escape to the original reality from the AOA.. IS that not accurate? Is he a size shifter?  I'm going to Google him.

Yeah, he's a size shifter. His normal height seems to be about that of most adults, but he's much wider than average since his torso is also his head. He'd be a pretty big figure at standard size.

11 hours ago, Benn said:

What? They couldn't figure out how to get a Wolverine in here? Hasbro, I'm losing faith. How do they expect to sell any? And when are we getting the Logan we've all been clamouring for?

They coulda even done it in a little tongue-in-cheeck way by including a few of Snowbird's favorite Avatar animals, one of which is literally a wolverine. Kinda bummed they didn't include a few critters in white for a little Snowbird transformation action but I guess we can always just pop over to TRU and rummage the little zoo toy bins aaaannnndd.....errrr, oh yeah. Sad again. Guess I'll just open my MOC Tobiz Snowbird figure after all.

2 hours ago, monron999 said:

They coulda even done it in a little tongue-in-cheeck way by including a few of Snowbird's favorite Avatar animals, one of which is literally a wolverine. Kinda bummed they didn't include a few critters in white for a little Snowbird transformation action but I guess we can always just pop over to TRU and rummage the little zoo toy bins aaaannnndd.....errrr, oh yeah. Sad again. Guess I'll just open my MOC Tobiz Snowbird figure after all.

In fact by the looks of it, there are no accessories at all with this set

17 hours ago, tarot said:

Just to let you know wanda was just walter gender swapped

You must know I know that, right, Tarot? You're normally quick as a fox & your Marvel knowledge is exemplary. That's why I typed 'Wanda Langkowski' not Wanda Langkowski. Now, that's how to do a story about gender and  identity, without turning it into a moralistic after-school special, cheap giggles or contemporary 'representation' and PC story...

There was a comment too, earlier, about the genius of John Byrne - as writer & penciller. Couldn't agree more: that these figures  are being issued 34 years after #1 and are totally based on Byrne's iteration of the team (except Vindicator, of course) says it all.

Have to say: every time I look at a picture of Box I or Box II, I am praying harder and harder that  they BAF either of these two....needed.

5 hours ago, LandoTucker said:

Have to say: every time I look at a picture of Box I or Box II, I am praying harder and harder that  they BAF either of these two....needed.

We can make this happen. Much like (I like to think) we made Strong Guy happen I'm sure they've also heard the calls for Nimrod, Box and others. I mean even in this own set it's pretty clear they heard, loud and clear, the complaints about Puck's pea head. If we keep pushing for Box it will happen. Before, with very few Alpha Flight characters altogether, there was really no reason to call for him, but now that we have a large part of the team together we pretty much need him, and Marina as well. So as long as waves need BAFs and the bullpin of eligible characters gets smaller and smaller and if we can keep making it a point to request him I think we can make it happen. Me personally, I plan to blast that horn every chance I get, right after Nimrod, of course.

16 hours ago, mako said:

You're crazy. (snicker)

Seriously though, I would love some Golden Age love, the same with an FF wave. Also, I now have this great mental image of walking down a Walmart isle and seeing Sugar Man's lovely face staring at me from an ML package window. Hasbro has to make that happen.

As for Box, I'm kinda glad they didn't try and shoe-horn him into the boxed set. That big ol' SOB is the kind of thing that screams BAF. I'm thinking at least Hulkbuster size.

Box isn't anywhere near as big as Hulkbuster. Box is in the 7ft range in the comics, just wide/massive build.

Box 1.jpg

Box with AF.jpg

box_roger_bochs_mash-up.jpg

1 hour ago, Gigantor said:

Box isn't anywhere near as big as Hulkbuster. Box is in the 7ft range in the comics, just wide/massive build.

Box 1.jpg

Box with AF.jpg

box_roger_bochs_mash-up.jpg

Agreed, he should be around the size of the Rhino BAF, nowhere near the size of Hulkbuster. I was an avid reader of that version of AF and even just looking at the source material he is substantially smaller than Sasquatch, Hulk or Juggernaut. Him standing behind and towering above the scrawny, hunching Wild Child is just a trick of the eyes. I'm usually right in line with my boy @makobut he's totally outta scale on this one. He's just not that big.