2019 Fan Expo Canada Marvel Panel - Amazon Alpha Flight Boxset Revealed

JayC

2 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

My credit card got charged for this boxset this morning. I wonder if that means it’s shipping soon. I wasn’t even expecting it and initially thought some scammer had stolen my credit card info. It doesn’t show as shipped yet though.

yep, just got charge as well. (I live in Ireland)

Will be interesting to see if they start shipping now being its not due out until next month. Right now its currently sold out from Amazon itself though I do imagine they will get more in sooner or later. In other words if you missed out on the initial pre-order and want it, I wouldn't panic and resort to pay outrageous third party prices.

Noice! I'm excited for mine to (eventually) arrive. I'm definitely putting one of my Wolverines with this team. Lord knows Hasbro gave us enough Wolverines to go around on every team. And then when Wild Child comes, he goes with Alpha Flight too, which is why I was pretty excited and surprised they are making Wild Child. Still need Box and a bigger Sasquatch (I will continue to harp on it in the hopes that Hasbro listens!).

I also noticed that this boxset is back in stock now on Amazon for anyone who missed it.

Anyone who has got this set: well done - I envy you. It's widely available right now (US and/or via ScamBay) and looks exactly as awesome as I thought it would be.

Although I pre-ordered mine on  August 23rd, it's not coming any time soon, and I'm now at war with Amazon as a result. I'd be hugely grateful (really, hugely enormously grateful) if anyone could advise/help out here. Here's the story.

So, you guys probably know I live in the UK, but no worries: Amazon ships worldwide. My boxset was scheduled to arrive early December, but on Wednesday, I had my wallet stolen & all my cards cancelled. Guess what else happened on that day? Of course, I get an email from Amazon advising that the item was shipping earlier than expected, and would get to the UK on 25th November. Then a second email, saying they couldn't process the card (no duh! It had been cancelled) so the transaction was cancelled & I had no way of paying for the item. I got in touch, asking if they could hold the item for 24 hours, as I'd get a new card by then, and could reorder it.

This is where the fun really starts. Firstly, they said no, and advised that the item was out of stock. They didn't know when it would be back in stock: "Maybe December, sometime." They clarified helpfully.

Much rage. Many web chats and calls. Two days pass, and the item is back in stock. Thank God! Or not. Same item, same retailer, same price, multiple items in stock, but this time, every time I've tried to buy this, the system notes the item 'doesn't ship to [my] address'. There's no workaround.

So, this set, which is probably something I want more than anything, I'm probably not going to be able to buy. Amazon don't care, and won't help, so the option is basically pay double (minimum) + higher postage + eBay global shipping con. That's a ball park $300.

I'm desperate for this set, guys: Can anyone help here? Either strategy, recommendation or (if you're an unbelievably kind person) buy and ship to UK on my behalf, with all costs (obviously) to be paid by me and a nice bonus for the sender: rare stuff (Legends/Star Wars Black Series or Transformers....and *good* stuff too. Or, just cash to cover your time, any costs and to convey my gratitude.

I don't want to break any board/forum rules, or put my email here (until I'm told I can), but if you can help, please shout (Disqus will alert me to these).

3 hours ago, LandoTucker said:

Anyone who has got this set: well done - I envy you. It's widely available right now (US and/or via ScamBay) and looks exactly as awesome as I thought it would be.

Although I pre-ordered mine on  August 23rd, it's not coming any time soon, and I'm now at war with Amazon as a result. I'd be hugely grateful (really, hugely enormously grateful) if anyone could advise/help out here. Here's the story.

So, you guys probably know I live in the UK, but no worries: Amazon ships worldwide. My boxset was scheduled to arrive early December, but on Wednesday, I had my wallet stolen & all my cards cancelled. Guess what else happened on that day? Of course, I get an email from Amazon advising that the item was shipping earlier than expected, and would get to the UK on 25th November. Then a second email, saying they couldn't process the card (no duh! It had been cancelled) so the transaction was cancelled & I had no way of paying for the item. I got in touch, asking if they could hold the item for 24 hours, as I'd get a new card by then, and could reorder it.

This is where the fun really starts. Firstly, they said no, and advised that the item was out of stock. They didn't know when it would be back in stock: "Maybe December, sometime." They clarified helpfully.

Much rage. Many web chats and calls. Two days pass, and the item is back in stock. Thank God! Or not. Same item, same retailer, same price, multiple items in stock, but this time, every time I've tried to buy this, the system notes the item 'doesn't ship to [my] address'. There's no workaround.

So, this set, which is probably something I want more than anything, I'm probably not going to be able to buy. Amazon don't care, and won't help, so the option is basically pay double (minimum) + higher postage + eBay global shipping con. That's a ball park $300.

I'm desperate for this set, guys: Can anyone help here? Either strategy, recommendation or (if you're an unbelievably kind person) buy and ship to UK on my behalf, with all costs (obviously) to be paid by me and a nice bonus for the sender: rare stuff (Legends/Star Wars Black Series or Transformers....and *good* stuff too. Or, just cash to cover your time, any costs and to convey my gratitude.

I don't want to break any board/forum rules, or put my email here (until I'm told I can), but if you can help, please shout (Disqus will alert me to these).

Ahhh that suuucks! I was going to say, when you cancel your old card, order a new card at the same time, and the purchase should automatically transfer to your new card. That's what happened with me when I lost a credit card and went to cancel it. I was afraid that all the things still outstanding that were tied to my old card would be lost. For example, I was still waiting for a refund to finish processing for an item I had returned. But all those leftover things were transferred to my new card so I didn't lose anything (despite not physically receiving my new card for several days).

But it sounds like you had bad timing where Amazon attempted to charge it in the brief window in between your two cards. That sucks.

It sounds like you're willing to pay a little bit more for the set since you offered to cover the shipping and also provide bonus stuff. If that's the case, why not just pay a bit more for the scalper prices on ebay? I see some going for an extra $40. That's not ideal, but I'll bet the prices will come down a bit if you wait some more as well. This boxset is brand new so the prices are high now and if you wait until it's more prevalent in the wild, it should come down. Or maybe even Amazon will change course and (re)allow shipping to the UK again after a while.

Edit: Now I see that you already did address Ebay as an option. I would still say wait until the prices come down. Or maybe you'll find it for sale locally or on another website that will ship to UK.

Well I received this white box in the mail and didn't know what it was; I opened it and shazam.....ALPHA FLIGHT.

OUTSTANDING! I wasn't expecting this till December, maybe January. But hey its great. Well worth the price.

Shaman's outfit is green and yellow instead of green and orange, he doesn't have the slit in his boot cuffs and the wrist bands are not the same as the comic, but they did a great job on his head sculpt. They were able to get his hair posed in a way that doesn't overly restrict head movement (so, Red Wolf, there is hope!)

Snowbird's blue should have been much lighter and her cape doesn't spread out like it should, but I guess they couldn't use soft good cloth here.

Puck...I never cared for Puck. Still they did a good job on the figure, with the glaring exception of lack of waist/torso articulation.

NorthStar and Aurora really came out well, especially the face sculpt for NorthStar. Aurora's eyebrows should look closer to his, but still, these are fantastic.

Vindicator has a deeper darker red than Guardian does, and while I like my reds to be bold and vibrant, not muted in any way, it works well on her costume. They even gave her an articulated pony tail.

Adding Guardian and Sasquatch, I now have the whole team (his sour grumpy look really doesn't go well here!) so im on cloud 9. The best figures to me are Shaman, Northstar, and Vindicator. I wish Dave Cockrum lived to see his X-Men get made into 6" form. Very glad that John Bryne got to see his creation, at least, make it.