Which Marvel Legend would you like redone/corrected?

RyanDaly

• 2 months later...

Don't really care if I'm the sole classic Wonderman fan in this entire forum, but a classic 1st app Wonderman is at the very top of my classic Avengers figures that I want done. His recent modern figs look like Superman sporting a gym suit. Purple hands!? Yes, I know he is composed of ionic energy, so what, it doesn't need to be displayed for me to know that. His 1st app costume is iconic & visually,  very cool looking. WM has thrown down with just bout every Marvel heavy hitter both good & bad & rates a new figure done of his most iconic look & that's the 1st app costume. He's 6'3 300lbs, so the Captain Universe buck seems to me like the ideal one to use for him imo.

uVk0yEo.jpg

HjZbPia.jpg

XkuhqQ2.jpg

LzznQkz.jpg

UjCQVP1.jpg

21 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Don't really care if I'm the sole classic Wonderman fan in this entire forum, but a classic 1st app Wonderman is at the very top of my classic Avengers figures that I want done. His recent modern figs look like Superman sporting a gym suit. Purple hands!? Yes, I know he is composed of ionic energy, so what, it doesn't need to be displayed for me to know that. His 1st app costume is iconic & visually,  very cool looking. WM has thrown down with just bout every Marvel heavy hitter both good & bad & rates a new figure done of his most iconic look & that's the 1st app costume. He's 6'3 300lbs, so the Captain Universe buck seems to me like the ideal one to use for him imo.

uVk0yEo.jpg

HjZbPia.jpg

XkuhqQ2.jpg

LzznQkz.jpg

UjCQVP1.jpg

I back you on this 100%, Love the character and most designs of him.  I love heavy hitters and classic uniforms. OG baby!

48 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

I don't mean to argue anyone's creds, but isn't Wonder Man's black sleeveless jumpsuit with the red "W" his classic costume? He only used his original costume in his first appearance and then for only a handful of issues after he returned to life.

On the other hand, the black costume that Bob Hall introduced in the 80s has been the costume Simon has always gone back to. With tweaks here and there, but the basic concept is the same. It's only his "modern" costume because it has endured till modern day.

25 minutes ago, ADour said:

I don't mean to argue anyone's creds, but isn't Wonder Man's black sleeveless jumpsuit with the red "W" his classic costume? He only used his original costume in his first appearance and then for only a handful of issues after he returned to life.

On the other hand, the black costume that Bob Hall introduced in the 80s has been the costume Simon has always gone back to. With tweaks here and there, but the basic concept is the same. It's only his "modern" costume because it has endured till modern day.

Imo, any costume that the character will constantly go back to in some form, like wonder man black and red w, is the classic version.

4 hours ago, ADour said:

Nope, 1st app costume is his most iconic imo. He also wore it when he was brought back from the dead in the late 70s up until it got shredded by the Grim Reaper & then I don't know why they just didn't have him put on a spare costume. I also like the 2nd costume that Perez did for him  but know thWonderman.thumb.jpg.70e855e7076630287ea530cbe3d8283e.jpgat the 1st app look has a better shot at being done. To me, this is the costume I think of when I think of a cool Wonderman figure in the ML line.

1 hour ago, Gigantor said:

He also wore it when he was brought back from the dead in the late 70s up until it got shredded by the Grim Reaper

Yeah, I went over all that in my comment. He wore it for more or less ten issues, then years later went on to have the jumpsuit that he always comes back to.

I guess as a fan you can have preferences, but, for comparison, I certainly wouldn't say the Model 1 Armor is the most iconic Iron Man armor like it was an objective fact, even if it was my favorite look of the character.

8 minutes ago, ADour said:

Yeah, I went over all that in my comment. He wore it for more or less ten issues, then years later went on to have the jumpsuit that he always comes back to.

I guess as a fan you can have preferences, but, for comparison, I certainly wouldn't say the Model 1 Armor is the most iconic Iron Man armor like it was an objective fact, even if it was my favorite look of the character.

Well, they made the least iconic look for Herc as a figure while neglecting his more well known & iconic looks from the 70s & 80s so I have zero idea what Hasbro's thinking was there.1401230401_HERCULESclassicversion.thumb.png.ef244d2a1fd683412483e1af1474ef61.png426582444_Hercules80slook.thumb.jpg.8cd5a78f3d99dac323e051f745cd712c.jpg  All I do know is that the vast majority of Herc fans wanted either of these 2 done if not both. I hope we still get em in some future Avengers heavy wave.

6 hours ago, SpiderS said:

I won’t stop saying that but we need redo of Psylocke on Moonstone body with Silk’s head. Doctor Octopus with bendable tentacles even if they would be much thicker, Mystique on new body,  Chameleon, Hawkeye. 

Whats wrong with MYSTIQUE? I made a PSYLOCKE with that very recipe.

Rumor mill is abuzz about a new HAWKEYE coming on his skybike.

2 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Classic Thanos, based on this art.

thanos.png

I concur, Ron Lim drew the definitive Thanos IMO. I'd be happy with Lim Thanos or Perez version as well. Also, knock off an inch of scale plz. Classic comic based Thanos should be just a smidgen taller than classic 80th anniv Thor. Thanos needs to be made massive in girth, not hgt. He's a character that can be done minus the double elbow or knee articulation.

HRkoL7I.jpg

Jim Starlin Thanos would look great as well.

88kwjiB.gif

On 2/3/2020 at 11:46 PM, Starlord67 said:

My Wonder Man costume choice...

Wonder-Man-Marvel-Comics-Avengers-1.jpg

Love this costume. This could be a candidate for a deluxe version. Just give him extra set of arms so jacket could be removed and underneath is the other classic navy blue with red "W".. two birds with one stone.

Love Simon but maaaaaan has he has some questionable uniforms.  The all green with red "W & M"  hahah my god...

Hasbro was thinking strike while the iron is hot on characters and looks of characters; for example, Hercules when he was in some good/great stories at that moment: Hercules, Avengers, Avengers: No Surrender and Avengers: No Road Home. Plus the fact Hasbro is supposed to cater to everyone: modern readers, older readers, movie goers, etc.. Just be patient dude you're not the only type of collector.