Which Marvel Legend would you like redone/corrected?

RyanDaly

Any alternate "street-attire" outfit gets my vote (e.g. Jessica Jones Netflix). Extra hands and heads (especially clean non-attached accessories) can make the difference for a purchase or not. I've made several purchases just for nice clean heads.

I'm using suit-n-tie versions of every Legends that gets released plus anything that doesn't look like a comic book character or can be easily painted (Punisher Netflix).

2 hours ago, Cuckoos said:

Any alternate "street-attire" outfit gets my vote (e.g. Jessica Jones Netflix). Extra hands and heads (especially clean non-attached accessories) can make the difference for a purchase or not. I've made several purchases just for nice clean heads.

I'm using suit-n-tie versions of every Legends that gets released plus anything that doesn't look like a comic book character or can be easily painted (Punisher Netflix).

So, you don't really care about super heroes, or the characters themselves? You're just really into 6" articulated civilians? That's an interesting niche. Do you do dioramas, or photography, or anything?

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 9:45 AM, Gigantor said:

Don't really care if I'm the sole classic Wonderman fan in this entire forum, but a classic 1st app Wonderman is at the very top of my classic Avengers figures that I want done. His recent modern figs look like Superman sporting a gym suit. Purple hands!? Yes, I know he is composed of ionic energy, so what, it doesn't need to be displayed for me to know that. His 1st app costume is iconic & visually,  very cool looking. WM has thrown down with just bout every Marvel heavy hitter both good & bad & rates a new figure done of his most iconic look & that's the 1st app costume. He's 6'3 300lbs, so the Captain Universe buck seems to me like the ideal one to use for him imo.

uVk0yEo.jpg

Oh but you're NOT the sole Wonder Man  first appearance fan on this forum, not by a long shot. Many of us are clamoring for this look. In fact, we need the og green and red, the safari jacket, and the ionic translucent figure. I'd put him on the recent Hercules buck and have a party, but at any rate he'd be snapped up in a heartbeat. Some would probably argue with you the difference between Classic and First Appearance (or og) but I think all 3 looks for him are the most popular.

tumblr_mosi8iIPAA1rvm5qqo2_r1_500.jpg

10 hours ago, Gigantor said:

A vintage classic Avengers wave consisting of 1st app Wonderman, 70s/80s classic Falcon, Classic 80s Starfox, classic 80s Photon, classic Swordsman & classic Yellowjacket, would be my preferred method of getting him along with much needed & overdue classic Avengers.

I would pre-order the hell out of that wave.

1 hour ago, MonsterChris said:

Seconded, though I'd prefer to swap in a villain or two.  Swordsman is kind of nebulous.  How about Kang, Immortus, or Ultron-11?

Not sure I could see Starfox or Photon as "vintage". But I sure would get down on a Falcon (+ articulated Redwing), Wonder Man, Yellowjacket, Mantis, Moondragon, and Kang (Kang is long overdue). wave. And at some point I need a Super Adaptoid BAF.

Speaking of Photon (or is it Spectrum now?), I never understood why Marvel has an energy-form based hero and dresses her in a trench coat. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I'm wondering if Hasbro ever does her first appearance figure, how will they handle the "cape wings" she wears. Best to go with soft goods, I would think, something similar to the recent Storm release. Thoughts? 

1 hour ago, MonsterChris said:

Seconded, though I'd prefer to swap in a villain or two.  Swordsman is kind of nebulous.  How about Kang, Immortus, or Ultron-11?

I already have a Kang and Ultron from Marvel select fits perfectly. I'd rather have  Swordsman to fill out my avengers. 

To me, the 2 greatest enemies in the history of the Avengers have been Thanos & Ultron with Kang a close 3rd. Although, to tell the truth, I've never really seen what all the fascination is with Kang. He time travels & always has a force field around him & is also Rama Tut. Count Nefaria  imo is more of a serious threat to the Avengers than Kang, followed by the 3rd Masters of evil group led by Zemo that layed siege to Avengers mansion. No single Avenger could take on any of these by themselves, not even Thor.

My hopes for the 1st 2 would be 80th anniv deluxe versions featuring all new sculpts & more in scale to their listed comic hgts. Thanos should be just slightly taller than Thor, but more massive muscle wise. He should come with at least 3 alternate head sculpts. 1. Grim/serious look 2. Evil grin 3. all out yelling/screaming kick butt mode

3 sets of hands: fists/gripping/grappling hands/open relaxed hands/ open hands simulating a cosmic blast so you can attach some cosmic blast fx, also attachable eye beams. Last but not least, an infinity gauntlet for his right hand.

HRkoL7I.jpg

In this battle  vs Champion, , you can see that Ron Lim made sure to draw them at their respective hgts, Thanos being 6'7, & Champion 10ft tall. Today's artists tend to draw Thanos at almost 8ft tall, which is wrong. If classic Champion is ever done, he needs to be at the 10' scale. 

TniL1P0.jpg

Ultron should be either an 80th anniv deluxe as well or the BAF with brand new scale accurate ( Same hgt as 80th anniv Ironman) body sculpt/head sculpt depicting the great George Perez version. 3 sets of hands. Fists/open relaxed hands, blasting hands. attachable hand blasts. Encephalo ray attachment for his extra head sculpt that can have them attached to.

eImntJw.jpg

u3LxdFB.jpg

cGlwU1x.jpg

My hopes are that before this line ever does come to an end, that Hasbro gives us classic comic fans, accurate renditions of these Avengers baddies.

54 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

To me, the 2 greatest enemies in the history of the Avengers have been Thanos & Ultron with Kang a close 3rd. Although, to tell the truth, I've never really seen what all the fascination is with Kang. He time travels & always has a force field around him & is also Rama Tut. Count Nefaria  imo is more of a serious threat to the Avengers than Kang, followed by the 3rd Masters of evil group led by Zemo that layed siege to Avengers mansion. No single Avenger could take on any of these by themselves, not even Thor.

My hopes for the 1st 2 would be 80th anniv deluxe versions featuring all new sculpts & more in scale to their listed comic hgts. Thanos should be just slightly taller than Thor, but more massive muscle wise. He should come with at least 3 alternate head sculpts. 1. Grim/serious look 2. Evil grin 3. all out yelling/screaming kick butt mode

3 sets of hands: fists/gripping/grappling hands/open relaxed hands/ open hands simulating a cosmic blast so you can attach some cosmic blast fx, also attachable eye beams. Last but not least, an infinity gauntlet for his right hand.

HRkoL7I.jpg

In this battle  vs Champion, , you can see that Ron Lim made sure to draw them at their respective hgts, Thanos being 6'7, & Champion 10ft tall. Today's artists tend to draw Thanos at almost 8ft tall, which is wrong. If classic Champion is ever done, he needs to be at the 10' scale. 

TniL1P0.jpg

Ultron should be either an 80th anniv deluxe as well or the BAF with brand new scale accurate ( Same hgt as 80th anniv Ironman) body sculpt/head sculpt depicting the great George Perez version. 3 sets of hands. Fists/open relaxed hands, blasting hands. attachable hand blasts. Encephalo ray attachment for his extra head sculpt that can have them attached to.

eImntJw.jpg

u3LxdFB.jpg

cGlwU1x.jpg

My hopes are that before this line ever does come to an end, that Hasbro gives us classic comic fans, accurate renditions of these Avengers baddies.

Really? Kang never really impressed me. I never got the feeling the Avengers were in any real peril. My list would probably be a little different, see the following:

1. Thanos.
  2. Ultron.
  3. Doctor Doom.
  4. Loki.
  5. Galactus.
  6. Magneto.
  7. Kang the Conqueror.
  8. Red Skull.

Kang was the Avengers' arch enemy for most of the 70s and was pivotal to many of the events in the Marvel timeline (no pun intended). He definitely imperiled not just the Avengers', but existence itself. Writers clearly loved having him hurl the Avengers throughout time to face all kinds of threats, but I think they got a little weary of him (overuse?) and eventually we didn't see much of Kang. The next major ongoing baddie for the Avengers was unquestionably Ultron. Loki, even though his villainy was what birthed the Avengers, wasn't much of a factor for them; Doom, Magneto, and the Red Skull also were more associated with Fantastic Four, X-Men and Capt America respectively. Not to say they weren't threats!

Thanos may be a bfd now because of the movies, but mainly was a Captain Marvel foe. No doubt though, a severe danger to the Avengers.

I have the old Thanos figure (which for some reason was smaller than the other 6" figures) and the Marvel Universe one. Sure would like to see Hasbro bring back this scourge of the 70s Avengers. Man. I miss Avengers Mansion, the Vision, Mantis and Moondragon.

avengers129_thumb_jpg_db304ffd236a7194e3e02e89d1e623ee.jpg

10 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Kang was the Avengers' arch enemy for most of the 70s and was pivotal to many of the events in the Marvel timeline (no pun intended). He definitely imperiled not just the Avengers', but existence itself. Writers clearly loved having him hurl the Avengers throughout time to face all kinds of threats, but I think they got a little weary of him (overuse?) and eventually we didn't see much of Kang. The next major ongoing baddie for the Avengers was unquestionably Ultron. Loki, even though his villainy was what birthed the Avengers, wasn't much of a factor for them; Doom, Magneto, and the Red Skull also were more associated with Fantastic Four, X-Men and Capt America respectively. Not to say they weren't threats!

Thanos may be a bfd now because of the movies, but mainly was a Captain Marvel foe. No doubt though, a severe danger to the Avengers.

I have the old Thanos figure (which for some reason was smaller than the other 6" figures) and the Marvel Universe one. Sure would like to see Hasbro bring back this scourge of the 70s Avengers. Man. I miss Avengers Mansion, the Vision, Mantis and Moondragon.

avengers129_thumb_jpg_db304ffd236a7194e3e02e89d1e623ee.jpg

Kang was also the main baddie of the Avengers biggest storyline of the 00's (prior to the Bendis/New Avengers Reboot), with the "Kang Dynasty" storyline.  It's one that got overshadowed a bit by the not-terribly-long-after "Disassembled" storyline and the "New Avengers" but it was actually a really good story that definitely showed Kang as a world-class threat.

Kang is constantly pops up in the modern stories as well. He was there for the Infinity war story line, during the Uncanny Avengers (even immortus popped up and he is long forgotten) and the major Avengers crossover (I forget the name but it has avengers from various timelines popping in. Not Dyntasy war).

It's not that he is forgetten. He is actually being used quite a bit. it's just that his role as a major baddie has shrunk a bit and is mainly used for Timetravel stories, which in all honesty, we get very few of these days.

18 minutes ago, tarot said:

Kang is constantly pops up in the modern stories as well. He was there for the Infinity war story line, during the Uncanny Avengers (even immortus popped up and he is long forgotten) and the major Avengers crossover (I forget the name but it has avengers from various timelines popping in. Not Dyntasy war).

It's not that he is forgetten. He is actually being used quite a bit. it's just that his role as a major baddie has shrunk a bit and is mainly used for Timetravel stories, which in all honesty, we get very few of these days.

Yes. And I forgot, he was also in the Avengers animated show voiced by Jonathan Adams.

The Vision. Larger body buck like the one used in the TRU 3 pack. Same colors used as on the "vintage" figure, but use ear cups, solar gem painted shiny. CAPE: nice wide collar, WITH THE CORD ( much like the recent Taskmaster cape). Large yellow belt- see the Puma/Nightthrasher belts. NOT PAINTED ON. Boots should end in a point- NOT PAINTED ON! If they can do Thor's, Colossus', Shatterstar's and Omega Red's boots correctly, Vision's should be a cinch. Optic blast effect like Cyclops (yellow beam instead of red), translucent variant.

vc.jpg

Kang is cool, I didn't say I didn't like him. He's still in my top ten... thanks for the re;review of Kang. 

And with the majority of villians having recent releases, it is time for an updated Kang. But I'd like a swordsman just as much or more. I have the original release of Kang and I fills the spot. 

Thanos has always been a big deal in the comics and that is why it was such a big deal when he hit the big screen. 

Another figure that needs to be corrected: Guardian.

He was originally teased in a metallic red and that would do him justice, especially with that perplexing choice of the "grumpy old man" face.

If they released the improved version, with, say, some other members of Alpha Flight that didn't make the exclusive box set, that would be great.

guardian-2.jpg

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Another figure that needs to be corrected: Guardian.

He was originally teased in a metallic red and that would do him justice, especially with that perplexing choice of the "grumpy old man" face.

If they released the improved version, with, say, some other members of Alpha Flight that didn't make the exclusive box set, that would be great.

guardian-2.jpg

I was almost willing to forgive the soft red paint job on that figure, but the head sculpt really makes the character look ridiculous. I had to pass on this guy, which in turn convinced me to pass on the whole Alpha Flight box set.

2 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

I was almost willing to forgive the soft red paint job on that figure, but the head sculpt really makes the character look ridiculous. I had to pass on this guy, which in turn convinced me to pass on the whole Alpha Flight box set.

The set itself is very well done, with the exception of the wrong color for Snowbird, and the wrong cape style. But I cant blame you. I feel a great deal of disappointment with him, because there's really no reason not to have made him a great figure.

5e99cce61b542d2d5ee0ceba1d1f7c16.jpg

While Guardian is a cool character & vital part of AF, I'm not bummed about the version we got minus the shiny metallic paints. What I wish they had included was an alternate head sculpt either gritted teeth or yelling version. Only other AF members I hope they still give us are classic Red/Silver Box , Windshear would make a for a visually cool looking figure & Weapon Omega.