Which Marvel Legend would you like redone/corrected?

RyanDaly

Have I mentioned how badly I want Hasbro to release another Serpent Society character with a replacement head for Cottonmouth? His signature power/gimmick is unhinging his jaw, creating a giant gaping mouth with fangs... and we got nothing like that from the figure. C'mon, Hasbro, that's like doing Thor without a hammer!

534a4890-fcd8-4eac-a2b9-77831c545312_1.15d320e36ebc5e35d695f42d735d42c6.jpeg

5170247-cottonmouth03.jpg

On 2/12/2020 at 6:31 PM, Benn said:

So, you don't really care about super heroes, or the characters themselves? You're just really into 6" articulated civilians? That's an interesting niche. Do you do dioramas, or photography, or anything?

I eventually plan to. I have purchased some Extreme Sets 1/12 scale dioramas. But everything is packed up and I don't know when I'll be able to actually play. I have a feeling that these sets might not give me the depth I'm looking for. I will probably end up building environments by hand and 3D print accessories. I've thought about the NECA building, but I feel like I won't get much out of it as I need way bigger environments.

I do like MCU and I'm a daily MPQ player. When it comes to the figures, I like to spin off canon and make them something else (keep what I like and change everything else). I like what I know about White Rabbit thus far. No super powers, just crazy with an adorable outfit. I also think she is a great candidate for a Harley Quinn custom. I know I sin for crossing the DC universe, but I can't help it. I've picked up 2 White Rabbits and have a 3rd that was previously pre-ordered on Amazon. One is to keep original and two to make two different HQ customs.

I've already drafted part 1 of a Deadpool vs Harley Quinn photo comic (more sinning). I guess what I need more of is the civilian population. They are what make the world more alive. Also Jemma and Fitz are the best part of Agents of SHIELD for me. They need to be figures so badly!

Anyway, don't expect anything productive from me for years. I have a lot of life obstacles in the way. In the meantime, I collect items that will be of use in the future.

1 hour ago, nWoWolfpack said:

Extremis Iron Man (too small)

Seconding this with all the strength I have. The Extremis Armor is such a quintessential, evergreen look for Iron Man I don't think it can be considered "too topical" or "too flavor of the week armor" to get a figure yesterday. Additionally, it is also Tony's current base armor, so it's got the plus of topicality.

On 2/17/2020 at 7:02 PM, RyanDaly said:

Have I mentioned how badly I want Hasbro to release another Serpent Society character with a replacement head for Cottonmouth? His signature power/gimmick is unhinging his jaw, creating a giant gaping mouth with fangs... and we got nothing like that from the figure. C'mon, Hasbro, that's like doing Thor without a hammer!

534a4890-fcd8-4eac-a2b9-77831c545312_1.15d320e36ebc5e35d695f42d735d42c6.jpeg

5170247-cottonmouth03.jpg

I remember Glenn Webb's (RIP) custom Cottonmouth.

WebbCottonmouth.jpg

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 10:58 AM, Gigantor said:

eImntJw.jpg

u3LxdFB.jpg

cGlwU1x.jpg

My hopes are that before this line ever does come to an end, that Hasbro gives us classic comic fans, accurate renditions of these Avengers baddies.

If they make Ultron I wonder if the head included in the last Vision will be compatible....

On 2/24/2020 at 1:58 PM, Gigantor said:

I did my own custom alternate head sculpts of Cottonmouth a couple of yrs ago. Hope Hasbro packs in an alternate elongated mouth version with some future Serpent Society member, but I won't hold my breath on it ever happening.

Wow nicely done, sir! Constrictor or Viper redone with an alt head for Cottonmouth would be neato 👍

Have a hard time thinking they'd ever take a crack at Bushmaster.

2 hours ago, RAMCAT said:

Wow nicely done, sir! Constrictor or Viper redone with an alt head for Cottonmouth would be neato 👍

Have a hard time thinking they'd ever take a crack at Bushmaster.

The Marvel Universe 4" version of Constrictor had translucent coils and I always thought that was a nice touch. If they re-did the 6" version, I'd like to see that done again.

• 2 months later...

On the subject of re-do's I think both the Black Panther and Black Widow should be on the list. T'Challa is way too small, they should've put him on the Kilmonger (wave 1) buck.

The Black Widow has just never gotten a correct figure and she really deserves better. Her "vintage" outfit is on point, but I had to swap out the head (Jean Grey Dark Phoenix) cause we need a look that says "bad s@$$ top tier spy. And those spindly legs aint cuttin it either.

Captain Marvel's derpy eyes also need to be re-done.

Walgreens Emma Frost. Are you kidding me? When did she become so scrawny?? Same for Mystique!

The Vulture was just released, and its a good figure but also looks like a rush job. The head sculpt- while excellent- looks more like the Tinkerer than the Vulture. What is he grinning at?? The Vulture doesn't grin, he's a mean ol' buzzard! But I can live with that. Whats really bad is that the wings aren't detailed on both sides, ab crunch is practically useless, and the vertical lines are on the cowl accessory, but not on the suit itself.

While I don't think they need to re-do the whole figure, those salad tosser hands for Mr. Fantastic need to be replaced. Ridiculous.

VULE.jpg

Marvel NOW Thor... his costume up until he became a herald of Galactus was the same except for the Uru metal arm and head.  If Hasbro included swappable left arms and two different heads (long hair, no beard and short hair, beard) then it could be both versions.  

Anything is better than the half-@$$ed version they did retooling the Return of Marvel Legends Thor.

• 3 months later...
On 8/19/2020 at 1:33 PM, Gigantor said:

Hasbro needs to redo that  Smiley Burger king looking Cheetos tanned nasty classic Hercules they took a crack at back in like 2007. Torso was too long, green veiny arms, rock hard skirt that hindered leg articulation, just atrocious!

de7e8dcddf48261b370d83746f4e3337.jpg

Hercules01.jpg

Totally agree, would love to display this version with my Avengers teams but Hasbro has done such an amazing job on the most recent waves that this bad take on Herc stands out like a sore thumb..

id love if they took another crack at this guy but will also take the John Byrne redesign that followed this look

4 hours ago, McHogan said:

Totally agree, would love to display this version with my Avengers teams but Hasbro has done such an amazing job on the most recent waves that this bad take on Herc stands out like a sore thumb..

id love if they took another crack at this guy but will also take the John Byrne redesign that followed this look

1328A60D-6866-4DA4-94D0-7AF898C8E86B.gif

Oh, I want both versions done. The MU 4' version of 80s Herc was a thing of beauty. Hasbro just needs to scale that up to 6'5 inches tall..

On 8/19/2020 at 11:44 PM, Gigantor said:

Oh, I want both versions done. The MU 4' version of 80s Herc was a thing of beauty. Hasbro just needs to scale that up to 6'5 inches tall..

How do you feel about an alt head without a beard? A look he sported when Steve Epting was the Avengers artist. Same suit, just with no beard. I was torn with this look, just didn’t seem like it was Herc, I dunno, wasn’t bad but couldn’t get used to it. Miles better than the man bun though haha.. 

then there was the look Herc sported during the Avengers “jackets” phase.. no jacket for him, just stylish Avengers Tee and futuristic boots.. this suit is not Hercules at all..