Which Marvel Legend would you like redone/corrected?

RyanDaly

12 minutes ago, McHogan said:

How do you feel about an alt head without a beard? A look he sported when Steve Epting was the Avengers artist. Same suit, just with no beard. I was torn with this look, just didn’t seem like it was Herc, I dunno, wasn’t bad but couldn’t get used to it. Miles better than the man bun though haha.. 

then there was the look Herc sported during the Avengers “jackets” phase.. no jacket for him, just stylish Avengers Tee and futuristic boots.. this suit is not Hercules at all.. 

CC153CF1-58DA-489A-BD82-AC299345A646.jpeg

72834785-D4BF-44DF-852D-C9E5FE62D5B0.jpeg

Ugh, no, he looks weird w/o a beard

21 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Ugh, no, he looks weird w/o a beard

He does, but I'd still want the beardless head with at least one Herc release (and swappable across any and all releases).  He first shaved his beard pretty early on in The Avengers no. 46, inexplicably at a time when beards started becoming fashionable in real life.  It's not a good look for him, but a historically significant one I think and so worth documenting.

Herc.thumb.png.1716f28c8ece4abef34701f3427bccf2.png

Guest EUPHORICVIKING

VISION - Too small, should be on Grim Reaper mold, regarding Relative scale "perfect" scaling is almost impossible at this price point

HAWKEYE - Too small, should be on Grim Reaper mold, regarding Relative scale "perfect" scaling is almost impossible at this price point

CYCLOPS - Too small, should be on Grim Reaper mold, regarding Relative scale "perfect" scaling is almost impossible at this price point

ARES - Too tall, should be on the new Hercules Mold (Fact: technically should be shorter than captain america), regarding Relative scale "perfect" scaling is almost impossible at this price point.

CLASSIC HERCULES - Swap the legs for new thick legs and new deco, boom perfect sizing

CROSSBONES - WTF did they use Hyperion mold for? SMH.

MODULAR/EXTREMIS/NEO-CLASSIC   -  IRON MAN time to resize. 

Ant-man- Way too skinny Should be on the Spider-Uk mold. 

Yellow-Jacket - First figure is fine but could use an update.

TIME TO RETIRE HYPERION MOLD, PLEASE HASBRO PLEASE!!!

TIME TO RETIRE HYPERION MOLD, PLEASE HASBRO PLEASE!!!

Cannot agree more! This mold is just.. awkward. The only recent release that works is Rage but it nay because they covered the area that looks the worst. Sentry, Hyperion look like cartoons compared to others with better proportions. 

I know we don’t all agree on scale, I am fine with certain scale issues if the figure is well done. Sasquatch comes to mind. He is taller than Guardian so for me, good enough.

it should be close however. I don want a Sasquatch looking eye to eye with Captain America or a short stocky Spidey for example so I get where many of you are coming from

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
31 minutes ago, nWoWolfpack said:

Definitely Sasquatch he’s supposed to be taller than Hulk 

Extremis Iron Man

I’d prefer them make hulk smaller rather than make Sasquatch taller. Because as much as i like the 80th hulk, it is about half an inch to an inch too tall. Plus i dont mind rereleases of main characters, i don’t need another Sasquatch.

I really want a version of the Wasp in her yellow and red costume that she wore circa Avengers #59-60 when she married Hank. This is my favorite of her many outfits, but I have no confidence we'll see it any time soon. We've already gotten two comic book Wasps in the last couple years, plus the MCU version. And I realize she's not a super popular character nowadays anyway. Also, I imagine the next Wasp figure will be based on the Nadia Pym "Unstoppable" Wasp. So I don't expect to get this version for a long time, but I sure would love it.

wasp1.jpg

wasp2.jpg

17 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I’d prefer them make hulk smaller rather than make Sasquatch taller. Because as much as i like the 80th hulk, it is about half an inch to an inch too tall. Plus i dont mind rereleases of main characters, i don’t need another Sasquatch.

I mean Sasquatch is 10' and Hulk is usually around 7-8' so making Sasquatch taller would be better for me anyways 

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
21 minutes ago, nWoWolfpack said:

I mean Sasquatch is 10' and Hulk is usually around 7-8' so making Sasquatch taller would be better for me anyways 

I don't need or want another Sasquatch, I am far more likely to grab a new Hulk. Given the relative heights, it would make more sense to make a smaller hulk rather than make another Sasquatch half an inch taller. 

Again, trying to get 100% accurate scaling isn't a reasonable expectation for the price point. 

On 8/20/2020 at 12:50 PM, RyanDaly said:

I really want a version of the Wasp in her yellow and red costume that she wore circa Avengers #59-60 when she married Hank. This is my favorite of her many outfits, but I have no confidence we'll see it any time soon. We've already gotten two comic book Wasps in the last couple years, plus the MCU version. And I realize she's not a super popular character nowadays anyway. Also, I imagine the next Wasp figure will be based on the Nadia Pym "Unstoppable" Wasp. So I don't expect to get this version for a long time, but I sure would love it.

wasp1.jpg

wasp2.jpg

Yes ! Great costume.

While I do like it, the modern black and gold suit gets way to much love from Hasbro. The last one they made from the Ant-Man wave is fine for the foreseeable future please Hasbro. 

More classic suits please. Wasp, like Iron Man has more than any other character out there... time to spread the love 

the poster below has all comic accurate suits as a border around the team. Any of these will do, time to get to work Hasbro

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
1 hour ago, McHogan said:

I would love just one version  of the Hulk and the Thing in this scale:

C7747D2A-41F8-4903-B6B9-B79462BCF0F7.jpeg

C7A8AC30-4C8B-4FD3-A4D5-0F985B53929F.jpeg

I love the early comics but again each comic had it's own interpretation. A lot of early penciler's weren't the best. I would say comic art didn't hit it's stride until the late 80's and early 90's.

Avengers #1:

first-appearance-avengers-300x221.jpg

There've been so many done to dead-on perfection, then there's so many they crapped the bed with.  But my #1 figure to be corrected is....The Vision.

Not one of the Visions (and I'm not counting the MCU) they've done yet has been correct, except for the "modern" version that came with the Captain America (and don't get me started about his wings) & Kate Bishop. Which, considering the crazy quilt color design of the current outfit, surprises me.

1. The prior "vintage" version had the colors spot on, and even though I think Vision should've had a bigger body buck, I really liked it . Curiously, the one that came closest was the Ares BAF version. They painted on his boots but at least they looked good, and not the slop job they've done on almost all the others. And he had briefs, instead of the goofy trunks they gave the vintage version. What really needs to be corrected is his belt- it shouldn't be painted on; Hasbro has done these kinds of belts with Nightthrasher, Puma, etc. Then there's his cape. The cape on the vintage is good, but needs that cord at the neckline.

2. Human Torch- body buck was too big, and he needs to be one color.

3. Invisible Woman- no translucent figure??

4.  Guardian- he deserved better. They were sloppy about the Canadian flag design, the overall coloring was meh, and that ridiculous "grumpy" face....

5. Black Widow- she is a grown woman and one of Marvel's premiere fighters. Why is she on the same buck used for some teenage girl? And please give her the right face.

6. Iron Fist- emaciated body but the head was PERFECT

7. Wonder Man- need the ionic effect version

8. Phoenix- how they got Dark Phoenix so right and the other version so wrong, I don't know.

marvel-legends-hasbro-ares-series_1_3f63372ceb7f6ffe7216a71febdf13b6.jpg

8 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I love the early comics but again each comic had it's own interpretation. A lot of early penciler's weren't the best. I would say comic art didn't hit it's stride until the late 80's and early 90's.

Avengers #1:

first-appearance-avengers-300x221.jpg

I beg to differ on when comic art hit it's stride. Buscema & Neal Adams were 2 of the best artists of the mid/ late 60s & 70s. Buscema drew the definitive Conan & Adams Batman rendition is a thing of beauty. George Perez & John Byrne cut their artistic teeth in the early 70s & were 2 of the top artist by the late 70s & ruled the 80s! Jim Starlin was another great 70s artist. There are way more, but those 5 come to mind due to me being a huge fan of theirs. Tell me this isn't art at it's best, regardless of the decade!

lfCAX08RB3_crop.jpg

11 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

wasp1.jpg

wasp2.jpg

I like her red/yellow "reverse Iron Man" outfit too, but much prefer the current one as its dynamic on its own, and compliments Yellowjacket to boot. Thats moot since theyre divorced of course....but realistically I dont think there's much market out there for multiple versions of Wasp, unless they give her that first body buck from the Ultron BAF. Along with the red/yellow these are my favorite Wasp outfits. George Perez is an alpha level artist but he couldnt design a costume to save his life....every now and then, though, he did it well and I always liked the white/blue thing he came up with. Girlfriend I was dating at the time said it was tacky but I really really liked it. Ok...I've got no fashion sense.ws.thumb.jpg.e9b5c593350f662b92eea075cd984360.jpg

11 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I like her red/yellow "reverse Iron Man" outfit too, but much prefer the current one as its dynamic on its own, and compliments Yellowjacket to boot. Thats moot since theyre divorced of course....but realistically I dont think there's much market out there for multiple versions of Wasp, unless they give her that first body buck from the Ultron BAF. Along with the red/yellow these are my favorite Wasp outfits. George Perez is an alpha level artist but he couldnt design a costume to save his life....every now and then, though, he did it well and I always liked the white/blue thing he came up with. Girlfriend I was dating at the time said it was tacky but I really really liked it. Ok...I've got no fashion sense.ws.thumb.jpg.e9b5c593350f662b92eea075cd984360.jpg

Never liked Perez's White and bLue one, I would love one of her Red/Yellow outfit or her Purple costume