Which Marvel Legend would you like redone/corrected?

RyanDaly

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MarvelousFan87 said:

not to mention they should redo the armored Endgame BAF Thanos and maybe release another comic version of Ronan the accuser. 

Agree....in fact they need to re-do the whole Captain Marvel wave and put Ronan in that one. 

1. Captain Mar-Vell, white/green first appearance uniform
  2. Captain Mar-Vell, red/blue nega bands uniform (get his hair right this time)
  3. Genis Vell, red/blue translucent star field
  4. Ms. Marvel, first appearance uniform (use recent Rogue and scarf)
  5. Ms. Marvel, re-release black highboot Cockrum outfit OR Binary (Cockrum design)
  6. Captain Marvel, All Father re-release wave (fix her eyes)
  7. Captain Marvel, Monica, first appearance outfit

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Agree....in fact they need to re-do the whole Captain Marvel wave and put Ronan in that one. 

1. Captain Mar-Vell, white/green first appearance uniform
  2. Captain Mar-Vell, red/blue nega bands uniform (get his hair right this time)
  3. Genis Vell, red/blue translucent star field
  4. Ms. Marvel, first appearance uniform (use recent Rogue and scarf)
  5. Ms. Marvel, re-release black highboot Cockrum outfit OR Binary (Cockrum design)
  6. Captain Marvel, All Father re-release wave (fix her eyes)
  7. Captain Marvel, Monica, first appearance outfit

I approve of this fully. Also, would love to see some Love for Ultimate Universe Mahr-Velh, this costume really rocked, but I would guess that due to it's very detail heavy nature we aren't gonna see it anytime soon. 

unnamed.jpg

7 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

I approve of this fully. Also, would love to see some Love for Ultimate Universe Mahr-Velh, this costume really rocked, but I would guess that due to it's very detail heavy nature we aren't gonna see it anytime soon. 

unnamed.jpg

This IS a great outfit, and considering how detailed War Machine and especially, Maverick's costumes are, I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility that we could see it. I can easily see it as an alternative to either the All Father wave Captain Marvel or recent Gamerverse wave Captain Marvel; tbh less likely either of those would get a re-do anytime soon.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 5:31 PM, Benn said:

So, you don't really care about super heroes, or the characters themselves? You're just really into 6" articulated civilians? That's an interesting niche. Do you do dioramas, or photography, or anything?

While this wasn't initially addressed to me, its interesting. Personally I'm into super characters of course, but I do think Legends' "civilian attire" molds need updating. Bigger male molds for suit and tie, jeans, etc. I like long coats but they should be made with as flexible and pliable plastic as possible so articulation isn't hindered. For gowns/robes/dresses etc, make them as accurate as possible, but remember to cut seams where needed so the figure can actually move. For example, the skirt they used on the Peggy Carter figure had no give at all. Maybe a soft goods option should be considered.

On 8/25/2019 at 10:31 AM, RyanDaly said:

Hasbro has been crushing it lately with their Marvel Legends releases, but let's face it, they don't hit the mark every time. Sometimes they make a figure that is great in every way except for one glaring problem, such as Doctor Octopus with the lame, non-bendy arms. Sometimes they release a figure that is universally loved, but you, personally, have some grievance against it, like, for me, Nightcrawler with straight/spiky hair. And sometimes they produce a figure that everyone should be excited for, except they don't use the classic, most iconic version but rather something current that will be outdated in a month, like the newly announced She-Hulk. (Seriously, I am so pi$$ed that they're wasting She-Hulk on dumbed-down gray version that debuted last year.)

So, which Marvel Legends character, already produced by Hasbro, would you like them to redo? Which toy gets a mulligan? It could be a big thing, like completely redesign the body mold and design (Captain Britain), or a medium thing (replace the arms on Doc Ock), or a really small thing (recolor the 80th Scarlet Witch to make her legs and arms more pink like they should be). Which Marvel Legend would you like to see redone or corrected?

I'm a big fan of Marvel Legends but also of other brands. I find ML work to be quality work but gosh... I'm just hoping that you also have space in your heart to release 1/12 (7 inch) scale figs to coincide with our other collections. Thanks ML wink wink 

Well I for one hope they re-do Wonder Man. The one they released in the civil war wave was just too blah for me. He really should've been on a bigger buck and at the very least, we should have a fully Ionic version by now. We also need his classic green/red and the safari jacket; these 3 versions are the ones most fans recognize off the bat as Wonder Man. Of those 3 the biggest hurdle will be the jacket- how they do it without compromising his articulation. I'm convinced it can be done, however, just give it some time and really think it through.

wm.jpg

I'm gonna go ahead and suggest that this (and variations thereof) is actually the look most fans associate with the character, as evidenced by it being the look I most associate with him and it being the vast majority of results when you Google image search for just "Wonder Man". I agree that the figure in this look was pretty bland (and honestly just bad), though.

spacer.png

I bet safari jacket Wonderman will happen and it’s just getting closer. Folks have been asking for that version forever.

2 hours ago, Benn said:

I'm gonna go ahead and suggest that this (and variations thereof) is actually the look most fans associate with the character, as evidenced by it being the look I most associate with him and it being the vast majority of results when you Google image search for just "Wonder Man". I agree that the figure in this look was pretty bland (and honestly just bad), though.

spacer.png

But if you search “classic Wonderman” you get a lot of the masked one 🤷‍♂️

and just being on forums all these years, safari jacket has been a steady, popular request throughout. One of them has to be coming sooner or later.... has to!  Unless the world ends sooner, of course.

Because of the advances in articulation and especially with how Hasbro handles shoulder pads/armor I'd like to see what they could do with an Annihilation era Nova re-do.  I love the one we got, but the shoulder armor is looking somewhat outdated next to what they've done with War Machine and Nimrod.  

1 hour ago, Gigantor said:

Entire Classic Wrecking crew needs a redo! Hasbro just used that awful outdated, outta scale 2010 Warpath buck on them & called it a day! Made all of em Hulk sized. Truly awful figs. Put em in the new Thor/Herc bucks!

1825068433_Wreckerouttascale.thumb.jpg.914cdc2c9d2008fe7ff724c86f4b6046.jpg1281919160_Wreckingcrewthunderball-8.thumb.jpg.6829d665a170cce8eddeefef038b10ad.jpg

I'd be interested in a picking up a new wrecking crew but I want Hasbro to retire the Hyperion Mold first. 

11 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

That's why I said that Hasbro needs to start using the Thor/Hercules bucks for heavyweight characters in the 6'4-6'6 hgt range such as the crew.

I was agreeing with you.. But if they don't retire the mold you know one of the 4 crew members will end up on that shiet mold. 

1 hour ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I was agreeing with you.. But if they don't retire the mold you know one of the 4 crew members will end up on that shiet mold. 

Better the Hyperion buck than the crap 10yr old outdated, outta scale one that Hasbro mailed in & put em in. We need the entire 3rd & powerfulest incarnation of the MOE in 6' ML scale!1334019816_Mastersofevil1.thumb.jpg.e5613ac5f03c9e2802571116a78be171.jpg

31 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Better the Hyperion buck than the crap 10yr old outdated, outta scale one that Hasbro mailed in & put em in. We need the entire 3rd & powerfulest incarnation of the MOE in 6' ML scale!1334019816_Mastersofevil1.thumb.jpg.e5613ac5f03c9e2802571116a78be171.jpg

I said I agreed with you about getting a new set!!  But if we are just gonna get 4 new shiet figures on the Hyperion body mold I'd rather wait for a better set and not waste my money something that can only be described as hardly worth it.  Atleast Wrecker got a newly sculpted torso and the mold is proportionally better than the Hyperion mold. oversized for the characters but still a better mold. 

I want a classic Sabretooth on the Omega Red bodymold. I can't have him in cool slashing poses without those butterfly joints. I think Bishop needs a lot more accessories. The one gun isn't enough. I would also like to see every AoA figure released by Hasbro with more accessories. Doc Ock needs better tentacles. Daredevil would look a lot cooler with the Spider-Man 2099 mold. Quicksilver needs those Namor swimming hands. Those are a lot better looking. 

Cull Obsidian needs a new mold. That BAF is not comic accurate. I'd love to see Ebony Maw with a shushing head. I also want a Jeremy Renner Hawkeye head.

Oh, and I want Hasbro to give us an Agent Venom without that horrible Toybiz mold. That figure can't even stand vanilla pose. I had to sell it. Which is a shame, because I love Agent Venom/Agent Anti-Venom.

Sabretooth is 6'6, Omega Red is 6'11, why on earth would you want him on a buck that would make him tower over 80th anniv Thor, who is 6'6 in the comics, same hgt as Victor? A new 1st app Sabretooth should be on the Thor buck or a buck that size with butterfly articulation, but not on the Omega Red buck.  I wonder where some of you get this idea that Creed is bigger than Thor? Artistic license?

16 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

I wonder where some of you get this idea that Creed is bigger than Thor? Artistic license?

I'm sure it started with Mark Texiera's overly stylized depiction in the 1993 SABRETOOTH miniseries. After that, everybody drew Sabretooth as huge, especially Joe Madureira (who also had a very exaggerated style) in the mid '90s. Should Sabretooth be larger than Thor? No, I don't think so, but when he is very often drawn to look like a lumbering grizzly bear when contrasted with Wolverine, it's easy to understand why so many people (artists and fans) assume that Creed is freakishly large.

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

Exactly the artist I was thinking of at the time I was posting this, just couldn't recall his name. Little knowledge for those of you that have zero idea about Creed's physical stats.

jQYodeI.jpg?1

itL5gD9.jpg

This TB 1st app version of Sabretooth is imo the best version of Victor & I still own it, but I want it updated on a Hasbro buck due to the TB version having dated POA, no ankle swivel, ball socket hips. Give us this version with fists/open hands, closed mouth & angry snarling/yelling head sculpts.