Which Marvel Legend would you like redone/corrected?

RyanDaly

9 hours ago, Benn said:

I think that Thor might actually  just be too tall. Cable is 6'8", and his figure is definitely too tall, compared to the 6'2"ers and 6'3"ers out there, so Thor at, what, 6'6"? He's too tall.

yep Thor is a bit over sized, he should only be about a 1/4 of an inch taller than Hercules. 

DSCF8309.thumb.JPG.212544398b916cf351c98a67073dc52c.JPGDSCF8294.thumb.JPG.29e7cc012bfebf7401056e3712ba8469.JPGDSCF8296.thumb.JPG.bfac7ae58082c43897c16bc2f5fce705.JPGDSCF8306.thumb.JPG.9a48a2eaa2948be364676291ca3d75ce.JPG

44 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

yep Thor is a bit over sized, he should only be about a 1/4 of an inch taller than Hercules. 

I Beg to differ. At 6'6 he should be half a head taller than Namor 6'3, Cap & Ironman, who are both 6'2 & even taller than Panther who's 6'. He's only a bit taller than Herc who's 6'5. Unlike the earlier Hasbro modern oversized Thors, 80th classic Thor doesn't "tower" over his fellow Avengers. 

32 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

DSCF8309.thumb.JPG.212544398b916cf351c98a67073dc52c.JPGDSCF8294.thumb.JPG.29e7cc012bfebf7401056e3712ba8469.JPGDSCF8296.thumb.JPG.bfac7ae58082c43897c16bc2f5fce705.JPGDSCF8306.thumb.JPG.9a48a2eaa2948be364676291ca3d75ce.JPG

I Beg to differ. At 6'6 he should be half a head taller than Namor 6'3, Cap & Ironman, who are both 6'2 & even taller than Panther who's 6'. He's only a bit taller than Herc who's 6'5. Unlike the earlier Hasbro modern oversized Thors, 80th classic Thor doesn't "tower" over his fellow Avengers. 

Alright all knowing... He shouldn’t be taller than cable, warpath and omega Red. (Google it)
Yes, we all know Hercules is 6-5 and Thor is 6-6, but in real life you would hardly notice that difference in height. And if you scale it down to 1/12 scale, proportionally you would notice it even less. Plus you have a wider stance on Thor than you do with the other figures. Makes him appear shorter (false advertising). Also make it so the other figures are looking straight not looking up Thor. Looking up gives them an appearance of being taller. Thor should should only be a smidge taller than Hercules, (almost) unnoticeable. Their eyes should almost align. 

89D6453E-33AD-44D0-9597-2DE32152C928.jpeg

16CD2079-179C-4D72-B767-8D984A0D19A0.jpeg

I know that he isn't taller than Omega Red who's listed as being 6'11, & if you posed them together, you would see that Red would be taller, I don't own that figure. Warpath at 7'2 shoulda been on that Omega Red buck, Cable shoulda been scaled 1/4 taller. Thor might be 1/4 inch too tall & should be just a tad taller than Herc. In this pic with Cap/IM, I fail to see that he "towers" over them.

ccrZpO1.jpg

George Perez was a master on drawing characters in their correct listed hgts & in this pic you can see that Thor is half a head taller than Cap/Iron, just as the 3 80th anniv figures are.

1W8oGVP.jpg?1

This was a good topic , sasquatch for sure He does need to be super tall as tall as the toybiz one was i know we just got man thing as well but he should have been taller larger Less robust , loved the tb version but its outdated this one not so much hawkeye but the buccaneer boots he has on in both sculpts look weird and dont fit the figure  sugarman baf “morph“ has the best boots around i bought extras just for the boots cape and heads those are awesome ....  taskmaster has the same boots as hawkeye/black knight and many others just never liked those very much if at all ....

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2020 at 3:57 PM, Gigantor said:

I know that he isn't taller than Omega Red who's listed as being 6'11, & if you posed them together, you would see that Red would be taller, I don't own that figure. Warpath at 7'2 shoulda been on that Omega Red buck, Cable shoulda been scaled 1/4 taller. Thor might be 1/4 inch too tall & should be just a tad taller than Herc. In this pic with Cap/IM, I fail to see that he "towers" over them.

ccrZpO1.jpg

George Perez was a master on drawing characters in their correct listed hgts & in this pic you can see that Thor is half a head taller than Cap/Iron, just as the 3 80th anniv figures are.

1W8oGVP.jpg?1

Well Considering Captain America is Listed at 6'2" using the image from the art you supplied, that would make Thor about 7'2'

First of all Thor is behind these two which means if you put them side by side Thor would be even Taller. If you put someone that is 6'6" next to someone that is 6'2" their shoulders wouldn't be  3/4 up their heads.... This art is definitely not scaled to their listed heights. 

Who are Marvel and DC's 'Big Three?'? - Quora

This is a way better representation of how their listed heights would look in real life scaling

Marvel Big 3 Iron Man Captain America Thor poster 3 sizes George Perez |  eBay

I am also wondering why you didn't use this image, cause it is much closer in scale. 

Alex Ross Creates an Epic Mural for Marvel Comics_1

This is one of the best ways to show accurate scaling:  Our figures usually show drastic changes and shifts in heights but in reality it would closer to this. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/25/2019 at 7:56 AM, leokearon said:

Guardian needs effects and the Metallic paint

Never gonna let this one go. Guardian would've been one of the more simpler figures to do, and do well, yet somehow they botched it. The ridiculous grumpy face, the sloppy, near disrespectful application of the Canadian flag, and the weird way they have different shades of red throughout the costume. The metallic paint would've really sold it, but even if they chose to not use it, still at least get the flag on there correctly. Really hope they re-do this guy, and maybe add Marina or Talisman for a 2 or 3 pack and finish out Alpha Flight.

And again, for those that say he was never shown as having a "metallic" outfit, both old Hasbro Ares wave and new Legends promo shots for this guy had him in metallic look so thats what fans were expecting.

Guardia.jpg

23 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Never gonna let this one go. Guardian would've been one of the more simpler figures to do, and do well, yet somehow they botched it. The ridiculous grumpy face, the sloppy, near disrespectful application of the Canadian flag, and the weird way they have different shades of red throughout the costume. The metallic paint would've really sold it, but even if they chose to not use it, still at least get the flag on there correctly. Really hope they re-do this guy, and maybe add Marina or Talisman for a 2 or 3 pack and finish out Alpha Flight.

And again, for those that say he was never shown as having a "metallic" outfit, both old Hasbro Ares wave and new Legends promo shots for this guy had him in metallic look so thats what fans were expecting.

Guardia.jpg

1317662548_MarvelX-ForceLegendsSeriesGuardianFigureoop__scaled_600.thumb.jpg.4840d78f703e587bc85f21ca989a62cb.jpgHell YES! I couldn't agree more, word for word. I bought the figure because it's Guardian and I'm Canadian and always loved Guardian but he's easily my least favourite figure of my entire collection. I really really hate the Grumpy face. Had they just gone neutral, I'd have forgiven them for backstabbing us on the paint. Or, as you said, had they given us what they showed....sigh. Hopefully, hopefully a redo is close on the horizon. It could work for a Fan-Channel 2 pack with Marina, or with Aurora in her yellow. Actually, here's the idea....(paying attention Hasbro?) Two Fan-Channel Exclusive 2 packs. (In Bold for Hasbro-getting attention)

• Aurora and Guardian (the former in her yellow jumpsuit, and the latter in spiffy metallic red with '3' heads: Delphine Courtney head, a maskless James Hudson Head, and a new helmeted head with a neutral expression.
  • Marina and the Master! (Nuff said!)

On 11/11/2020 at 8:06 PM, Air-Walker said:

1317662548_MarvelX-ForceLegendsSeriesGuardianFigureoop__scaled_600.thumb.jpg.4840d78f703e587bc85f21ca989a62cb.jpgHell YES! I couldn't agree more, word for word. I bought the figure because it's Guardian and I'm Canadian and always loved Guardian but he's easily my least favourite figure of my entire collection. I really really hate the Grumpy face. Had they just gone neutral, I'd have forgiven them for backstabbing us on the paint. Or, as you said, had they given us what they showed....sigh. Hopefully, hopefully a redo is close on the horizon. It could work for a Fan-Channel 2 pack with Marina, or with Aurora in her yellow. Actually, here's the idea....(paying attention Hasbro?) Two Fan-Channel Exclusive 2 packs. (In Bold for Hasbro-getting attention)

• Aurora and Guardian (the former in her yellow jumpsuit, and the latter in spiffy metallic red with '3' heads: Delphine Courtney head, a maskless James Hudson Head, and a new helmeted head with a neutral expression.
  • Marina and the Master! (Nuff said!)

I also liked the distinctive eye lens shape on his mask. I would hope to see that too, if they ever re-do him. Some new blast effects would be great too!

vin.jpg

Didn't know where to post this but if anyone's checked out the Hasbro/Funko episode of the Disney+ show "616" Dwight Stall is being interviewed in what I assume is his office and there's a wall of MLs behind him. The Phoenix Five Cyclops initially caught my eye. It's obviously the unreleased prototype (?) that was going to be the running change in the Puck BAF Wave.

So my question is who's next to him in this pic? She seems to be sporting a soft goods top, so is it a custom?

Any others you can spot?

616.png

1 hour ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Didn't know where to post this but if anyone's checked out the Hasbro/Funko episode of the Disney+ show "616" Dwight Stall is being interviewed in what I assume is his office and there's a wall of MLs behind him. The Phoenix Five Cyclops initially caught my eye. It's obviously the unreleased prototype (?) that was going to be the running change in the Puck BAF Wave.

So my question is who's next to him in this pic? She seems to be sporting a soft goods top, so is it a custom?

Any others you can spot?

616.png

That's the unreleased AoA Jean Grey proto from the Rocket Raccoon wave

2 hours ago, nWoWolfpack said:

That's the unreleased AoA Jean Grey proto from the Rocket Raccoon wave

Thanks! A little googling got me this:

http://marvellegends.net/Figures/MarvelLegends05/JeanGrey_1.htm

Hmmm I don't remember that costume for Jean (I read Astonishing and Amazing but not Weapon X where I guess that costume might've made an appearance).

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/20/2020 at 11:13 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

Thanks! A little googling got me this:

http://marvellegends.net/Figures/MarvelLegends05/JeanGrey_1.htm

Hmmm I don't remember that costume for Jean (I read Astonishing and Amazing but not Weapon X where I guess that costume might've made an appearance).

I always thought that it was supposed to actually be Racheal Summers, which it looks more like, but it was probably wrongly named as jean, and also a mock up prototype suit.. it wasn't a real look, but was more like a AOA racheal , could be wrong though, I think they didn't release it because it was wackadoodle and she never appeared in AOA, it was a blunder along the lines of that New secret wars cap, that was only in 1 picture ever but never a real suit he wore... some invalid information given to Hasbro.

5 hours ago, Benn said:

Nah, that Jean isn't from the original Age of Apocalypse storyline, but from the later Uncanny X-Force and Age of Apocalypse titles, when X-Force ended up revisiting the Age of Apocalypse, and Jean's X-Men helped them/asked for their help.

spacer.png

Benn comes through with the X-Men information/facts and clears everything up for all of as, as usual, thank you

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

I would like the classic red Daredevil released on the retro Spidey buck.

81d1KJ8RjtL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.cd00e9faea346592ec6ee0f2eedcc694.jpg

Pinless joints would look better but not required since the pins would be the same color as the figure's body. Definitely a new neck joint. Also painting a black border around the "D's" so they pop more.

Started building an Uncanny X-Force display with all the black/silver costumes. So hopefully a Warpath repaint will come soon (especially since he had the knife holding hands already made). And a rerelease of Archangel.

uncanny-x-force-wolverine-archangel-psylocke-3-pack-1054.thumb.jpg.4257613a01bd6274716d6a1ce3d23f1b.jpg

Wolverine and Psylocke have been rereleased, hopefully Archangel will be too. It's way too expensive now but if I can't wait maybe I'll try my hand at repainting my extra Archangel deluxe version.

Is it too soon to say She-Hulk? I didn't care for her look on the most recent figure so I bought the A-Force one since she's pretty close to my ideal 80s style She-Hulk. Turns out that was a bad investment. Decent face and costume is similar but the articulation is just awful. Really hope they revisit that.

I also wouldn't mind a redo of the classic Hawkeye from the retro wave. It's a good figure but a better bow and quiver with a little tweaking of the articulation and sculpt would make all the difference.