Which Marvel Legend would you like redone/corrected?

RyanDaly

Hasbro has been crushing it lately with their Marvel Legends releases, but let's face it, they don't hit the mark every time. Sometimes they make a figure that is great in every way except for one glaring problem, such as Doctor Octopus with the lame, non-bendy arms. Sometimes they release a figure that is universally loved, but you, personally, have some grievance against it, like, for me, Nightcrawler with straight/spiky hair. And sometimes they produce a figure that everyone should be excited for, except they don't use the classic, most iconic version but rather something current that will be outdated in a month, like the newly announced She-Hulk. (Seriously, I am so pi$$ed that they're wasting She-Hulk on dumbed-down gray version that debuted last year.)

So, which Marvel Legends character, already produced by Hasbro, would you like them to redo? Which toy gets a mulligan? It could be a big thing, like completely redesign the body mold and design (Captain Britain), or a medium thing (replace the arms on Doc Ock), or a really small thing (recolor the 80th Scarlet Witch to make her legs and arms more pink like they should be). Which Marvel Legend would you like to see redone or corrected?

The Wrecking Crew. Hasbro phoned them in by using that outta scale, outdated 10yr old T-Bird buck. The wrecking crew are not 8ft giants. They are all in the 6'3-6'6 range with Wrecker being the "tiny" one at 6'3 & T-ball being the tallest at 6'6. Put em on the new Thor/Herc bucks in their classic togs.  This pic of wrecker says it all!

Wrecker outta scale.jpg

How about Stryfe with the chest plate on correctly. Then again I wasn't collecting back then and I don't have one but I know that was a common complaint and I want him reissued. I think I went to Toys R Us a few times with the thought of looking for that wave but since I wasn't collecting at the time, I completely forgot to check and only went through the Transformers and Power Rangers sections. It wasn't until after I decided to make it a point to go through the Marvel Legends area regularly.

There's probably others I have now that I'd like to see redone but I moved a while back and haven't tinkered with any of the older ones I have for a while as they're still packed away.

How about redoing every single hand that was jointed incorrectly. Sword hands with side to side hinges and whatnot.

11 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

What is it about that version that you didn't like or want changed?

What about those versions don't you like? Body mold? Paint? Accessories

mostly I want them to use the sculpted combat boots and hand wraps from the black suit figure, the wraps aren't as needed but the boots are really nice

and the walgreens yellow daredevil had some really bad paint aps IMO, and honestly I wouldn't  a new mold being used for them

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

What is it about that version that you didn't like or want changed?

What about those versions don't you like? Body mold? Paint? Accessories

The headsculpt is aggressively bad. No resemblance to the actor.  I know Hasbro has the problem of having to base their works off of concept art and promotional material, but even so, the headsculpt looks nothing like even those images and materials 

Psylocke - Better face (Someone suggested Sill's face) and different body (Rogue's).

Storm - Different body (Rogue's).

Infinity War Iron Man - There is something off about the proportions. Small legs, big upper torso...

All spider-man's - Give them better articulation. The skinny body mold or the Bullseye's body mold, both can't do splits.

Apocalypse baf, Juggernaut Baf, Thanos walmart exclusive - Some leg articulation...

Cant think of anymore...

2 minutes ago, DarthOdette said:

The headsculpt is aggressively bad. No resemblance to the actor.  I know Hasbro has the problem of having to base their works off of concept art and promotional material, but even so, the headsculpt looks nothing like even those images and materials 

That Cap figure was awful. Face is bad and only comes with one of those wakandan "claws".

• Lasher : totally the wrong body mold, in comics he wasn't scrawny that buck was a bad move, put him on at least the bucky cap buck
  • Phoenix : prettier face, they did it with the dark phoenix
  • Dr. Strange (MCU Astral) : having it actually clear, not some opalescent pinkish thing, should have been like the comic version from the Vishanti box set
  • Daredevil (Netflix) : Bad face sculpt, looked stupid and squished
  • Black Bolt : Should have been true black like the Thanos Imperative version, not midnight navy
  • Psylocke : should have been the Silk head and purple hair
  • Quantum Suits : yeah we all know wrong colors
  • MOST female figures not getting Body mold variations I can list tons of them, but we need to see some alternate molds not just constantly the same skinny one , bring back the busty thick buck
  • Any Female figure with High Heels or Wedge heels, bad designs won't stand I don't care if the character only ever wears high heels in the comics if you can't make them work Hasbro stop doing it.
  • Infinity War Cap : as someone else said... mad that face sculpt is terrrrrible, not even a good random face, let alone a likeness it's hideous

For me, it would be the Sasquatch BaF. hands down. The figure is just way way too small. Ideally, it should be about an inch taller than the recent 80th Hulk, and wider! Also, it should have a snarl like the TB version, which considering the character is a better fit than the placid expression. Some nitpicks:

-Guardian's head. 1 neutral expression head would have been perfect. A bonus gritted teeth head even better.

-Adam Warlock; the recent one is cool looking, but from what I've seen, that outfit is already long gone. We seriously need a classic version, either with the Lightning bolt crest, or the second classic outfit from Jim Starlin's legendary story-arc.

-

On 8/25/2019 at 7:03 AM, RyanDaly said:

The Kamala Ms. Marvel? I agree that figure could use some improvements. I'm really disappointed in the lack of articulation and movement on her arms with the interchangeable embiggened hands.

No, I meant Carol Danvers one, she had really bad paint apps, main issue was that they should have molded it mostly in skin tone plastic and painted black which would have been less problematic than painting skin color.  

Extremis Iron Man: The figure was already underscaled even before Marvel Legends in general got bigger, and it's scrawny in addition to small. Its hip articulation is very limiting since it can barely move its legs up, and its ankle pivot non-existent. 

Marvel NOW! Iron Man: The figure reused the Iron Man MK IV mold, making it underscaled with outdated articulation. In addition to that, the mold made the figure inaccurate. Hasbro should remake it using the 3D render they already have of an accurate Marvel NOW! Armor.

On 8/25/2019 at 1:38 AM, Air-Walker said:

For me, it would be the Sasquatch BaF. hands down. The figure is just way way too small. Ideally, it should be about an inch taller than the recent 80th Hulk, and wider! Also, it should have a snarl like the TB version, which considering the character is a better fit than the placid expression. Some nitpicks:

-Guardian's head. 1 neutral expression head would have been perfect. A bonus gritted teeth head even better.

-Adam Warlock; the recent one is cool looking, but from what I've seen, that outfit is already long gone. We seriously need a classic version, either with the Lightning bolt crest, or the second classic outfit from Jim Starlin's legendary story-arc.

-

I also vote emphatically for a properly sized Sasquatch, who should be 10" and wider. And yes, an angrier expression would be nice. John Byrne even gave us a closeup of that!

1535819878_Sasquatchcover.thumb.jpg.8abd85a3d2b9558f2eabffc40334754a.jpg

Next, would probably be Beast, who is too big.

Proper Sasquatch/Beast scale pic

F7gmUoc.jpg

Beast is 5'11, Sasquatch 10ft tall.

We need a JB Sasquatch in 10' scale with alternate snarling head sculpt like in the pic that JB himself provided & and a George Perez Beast in his proper scale. Not a fan of Giant Jim Lee Beast. GP Beast is much in demand form the classic Avengers fanbase.

Beast looking up at Sasquatch.jpg