RyanDaly

Which Marvel Legend would you like redone/corrected?

4 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I want an Invisible Woman done in the translucent format....Living Laser works well, and she IS supposed to be "invisible".

yea that's been years back , im sure theyre done better now a days

10 hours ago, leokearon said:

Abomination would be good to see redone

Off subject a bit here, but...

The BAF done a while back would actually make a good Ch'od if they ever got around to making the Starjammers.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 8:15 PM, AnotherPunkChef said:

Translucent plastic is incredibly brittle, especially if its exposed to direct sunlight for extended amounts of time

I must be lucky then because I've never experienced this with any of my translucent figures. Not sure why anyone would expose them to direct sunlight for an extended period, but I have the phasing Toybiz Vision (got it in 2004) and neither he nor the "Ionic" Wonder Man figure are brittle.

I hope the techniques used today will prevent the kind of damage youre talking about. Shame not to render these figures the way they should be.

26 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

I must be lucky then because I've never experienced this with any of my translucent figures. Not sure why anyone would expose them to direct sunlight for an extended period, but I have the phasing Toybiz Vision (got it in 2004) and neither he nor the "Ionic" Wonder Man figure are brittle.

I hope the techniques used today will prevent the kind of damage youre talking about. Shame not to render these figures the way they should be.

More common in older figures, see the yellowing around the joints? You try to move them and they'll snap like a twig...age, open air, sunlight all just eat at translucent plastic.

2b35b6380be1794e666ef2b27fbf4007.jpg

4 hours ago, Atlantis said:

The BAF done a while back would actually make a good Ch'od if they ever got around to making the Starjammers.

totally agree.  I also think Raza would make a good figure and so would Hepzibah (who could theoretically share parts with a new Tigra figure)

3 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

More common in older figures, see the yellowing around the joints? You try to move them and they'll snap like a twig...age, open air, sunlight all just eat at translucent plastic.

2b35b6380be1794e666ef2b27fbf4007.jpg

I hadn't realized this as my oldest translucent is probably the radioactive man from the 3-pack and i haven't had any problems with him yet.  Not much i can do about age but i'll try and avoid exposing them to too much light.  Now that i think about it i should probably take a bunch of pics of "the translucent gang"  now while they are all in good shape (RM, singularity, human torch, living laser, astral strange, white vision...who am i forgetting?)

Not really a re-do, but a re-release, they definitely need to re-release Worthy Cap.  That thing had minimal circulation and as a single store's exclusive it's not like there were extra options for where to find it.

2 hours ago, greenlucario said:

Not really a re-do, but a re-release, they definitely need to re-release Worthy Cap.  That thing had minimal circulation and as a single store's exclusive it's not like there were extra options for where to find it.

I assume eventually there will be a 3-pack with worthy Cap, final battle Thor, and final battle Iron Man. My guess would be sometime next year.

I would love a redo of Thunderbird from the old Deadpool 2-pack, as well as a Destroyer figure. I still have the toybiz Destroyer figure but I would love one with the Hasbro articulation.

19 minutes ago, Chewblacca said:

I would love a redo of Thunderbird from the old Deadpool 2-pack, as well as a Destroyer figure. I still have the toybiz Destroyer figure but I would love one with the Hasbro articulation.

Still surprised we haven't gotten Destroyer BAF

24 minutes ago, Chewblacca said:

YES!! a new Warpath please...and Thunderbird...and FA Storm.

3 hours ago, greenlucario said:

Yeah and then when they did trickle to shelves, scalpers would snatch them all up

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

Still surprised we haven't gotten Destroyer BAF

Yes, Destroyer BAF and Titanium Man BAF. Neither are re-do's, more like Never Done's, and should be made. Realize we're mixing comics here ( Thor, Iron Man) but they need to re-do Tiger Shark (Sub-Mariner) because he was way too big. I'd add to that Major Vance Astro (Guardians of the Galaxy) but I don't hold out much hope there. The figure they made is at least accurate, excluding the bulk.

the select destroyer is pretty sweet, its been on my to get list for ages

but yea another worthy cap release would be nice, I never even saw one in person

How they ever made Captain America (Falcon) without his wings baffles me, but really doubt they'd remake him correctly. Misty Knight needs a do-over too...that wonky eye needs to be fixed, and we should see more of her bionic arm. Medusa needs to be re-done with anything that doesn't wind up with her hair being a big glob of useless plastic. Thundra and Valkyrie were good, but there are improved bucks out there for them. Viper/Madame Hydra also needs to be redone. And what in the world ever happened to Kang the Conqueror?? :huh:

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

How they ever made Captain America (Falcon) without his wings baffles me, but really doubt they'd remake him correctly. Misty Knight needs a do-over too...that wonky eye needs to be fixed, and we should see more of her bionic arm. Medusa needs to be re-done with anything that doesn't wind up with her hair being a big glob of useless plastic. Thundra and Valkyrie were good, but there are improved bucks out there for them. Viper/Madame Hydra also needs to be redone. And what in the world ever happened to Kang the Conqueror?? :huh:

Especially when Sam was in a multi-pack, the packing could have easily accommodated his wings 

On 9/14/2019 at 2:03 AM, Atlantis said:

Yes!! The STARJAMMERS!!

21 hours ago, leokearon said:

Especially when Sam was in a multi-pack, the packing could have easily accommodated his wings 

Right??  And look at the detail on his outfit. They even got the new belt buckle right. So HOW do you NOT include the wings on a FLYING CHARACTER?? No reason I can think of makes any sense. At least we know the Vulture's getting his  LOL!!

9 hours ago, Chewblacca said:

I would love a regular falcon. He is long overdue!

I would love to see classic Falcon in his red and white outfit , with Redwing. Be nice if Redwing has articulated wings.

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Right??  And look at the detail on his outfit. They even got the new belt buckle right. So HOW do you NOT include the wings on a FLYING CHARACTER?? No reason I can think of makes any sense. At least we know the Vulture's getting his  LOL!!

Indeed and they have not problem giving Wasp her wings

On 9/14/2019 at 2:10 PM, bashpics99 said:

I assume eventually there will be a 3-pack with worthy Cap, final battle Thor, and final battle Iron Man. My guess would be sometime next year.

That's what I'm holding out hope for.

On 9/14/2019 at 3:18 PM, AnotherPunkChef said:

Yeah and then when they did trickle to shelves, scalpers would snatch them all up

Too true, sad, but true.

Domino

image.thumb.jpeg.c330c748e625b81c01b785cc375d619e.jpeg

Domino

image.thumb.jpeg.9ca22cdee392906ab8c2dab001fad776.jpeg

Domino

Image result for marvel x-force 90s domino

Domino!! 🙂 

image.thumb.jpeg.f67750ec6977440df4d1d5edbed015de.jpeg

2 hours ago, RAMCAT said:

Domino!! 🙂 

image.thumb.jpeg.f67750ec6977440df4d1d5edbed015de.jpeg

Not a fan of Domino, never really cared for any of that X-Force or Cable crew. But I'm with you 100%. The figure they made for her looks like a frickin twig and is just wrong. Never seen her as some spindly scarecrow and she -ad her fans- deserves better.