Black Widow Movie D23 Poster

JayC

Marvel Studios Director of Visual Development & Concept Artist Andy Park has revealed this artwork he did for the official D23 Black Widow movie poster. This gives us a good look at her new or I guess more appropriately old outfit she will wear in the movie. This goes along with a poster he did for SDCC showing Natasha facing off against the movie villain Taskmaster.

You also see Taskmaster in the background of this new poster along with a number of other folks. The most interesting is the guy with the mask and beard that has a Captain America like star on his chest.

Black-Widow-D23-Poser.jpg

Black-Widow-SDCC-Poster.jpg

Poster looks great, glad to see that the Black Widow is still with us even if in the past. And I doubt we will get a Russian accent from Nat, she was too well trained to use English accent. Speaking with a Russian accent is taboo in Russian spy 101. I learned that by watching the show The Americans.

I like the look of Black Widow's suit, especially the bit of gold on her wrist stringers and on the front of the belt.  But does anyone think the suit looks a bit more like "Modern MCU" than something from the recent past?  I mean, I'm guessing the events of this movie takes place a few years before the events of the 1st Iron Man movie, so I guess around 2000 to 2006 at least.  I guess I was expecting a less "Busy" or simplistic looking suit, than a suit with different textures and line designs, because to me, it looks more like something she would wear in the Modern/Current MCU movies.  I like it still regardless. 

Having said that, I guess you could say that her more simplistic looking suits she wore on Iron Man 2 and to lesser extend, the 1st Avengers Movie, were more like a Tactical SHIELD suit with the Avengers suit have a bit of Widow personality elements to it, so I guess I was expecting something a bit more along those lines.  But I guess it's not so simplistic so that it looks neat on film.  Either way, I may consider a Marvel Legends or Select figure based on this suit.

Taskmaster's suit looks nice, and like the design.  Will admit, if I didn't get the Comic Book Modern/Ultimate Spider-man Cartoon Taskmaster figure, I would consider this figure.  However, I'm happy with what the Tasky I got. 

Red Guardian looks nice from what little we see.  I'm guessing his suit is going to be strongly inspired by MCU's World War II Cap suit, with a few "Recent Past" design elements to it(I suppose more like a Cap suit before Civic War).  Depending on how the suit looks, I'll consider a Marvel Legends figure of this design if it gets made.

4 hours ago, A_Spidey_Fan said:

I like the look of Black Widow's suit, especially the bit of gold on her wrist stringers and on the front of the belt.  But does anyone think the suit looks a bit more like "Modern MCU" than something from the recent past?  I mean, I'm guessing the events of this movie takes place a few years before the events of the 1st Iron Man movie, so I guess around 2000 to 2006 at least.  I guess I was expecting a less "Busy" or simplistic looking suit, than a suit with different textures and line designs, because to me, it looks more like something she would wear in the Modern/Current MCU movies.  I like it still regardless. 

no the event of this are supposed to have taken place after civil war.