90's Toybiz X-Men Figures: Who's Next?

Chunkylover

Below is a list of the remaining figures from the 90's Toybiz 5" run. Who do you think should be the next to receive a Marvel Legend, perhaps in the retro line? Sorry this list is so long. I couldn't figure out how to put it into columns.

A lot of the big hitters have already been done. There are a lot of obscure figures, some that I don't even recognize. I didn't include some of the Cables and Wolverines that seemed too obscure, but you could add them off course.

It's a tough list. I chose six plus a BAF, but you could more or less. What do you guys want?

My list:

AoA Jean Grey

AoA Cyclops

Dark Beast

Warpath

Rictor

Morph (XTAS)

Bonebreaker (BAF maybe)

Ahab (weird purple cyborg)

Banshee (blue-yellow)

Bishop (90’s short hair)

Bonebreaker (Reavers tank-legs)

Brood

Cameron Hodge (humanoid Phalanx)

Ch’od

Chamber (Generation X)

Colossus (Acolyte)

Colossus (Excalibur)

Commcast (no clue who this is)

Corsair

Crimson Commando (cyborg version)

Cyclops (Slim from Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix)

Deathbird

Emplate

Erik the Red

Exodus

Fitzroy

Forearm

Gambit (AoA)

Gambit (Joe Madureira space costume)

Genesis

Gideon

Grizzly

G W Bridge

Harvest (Phalanx Covenant)

Iceman (90’s spiky)

Jean Grey (Marvel Girl X-Factor green)

Jean Grey (Redd from Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix)

Joseph

Jubilee (Generation X)

Kane (v.1 and v.2)

Killspree

Krule

Kylun (Excalibur)

Marrow (ugly version)

Mondo (Generation X)

Morph (XTAS)

Omega Red (AoA)

Penance (Generation X)

Professor X (Astral Plane)

Quark

Random

Raza

Rictor (X-Force version)

Rogue (Joe Madureira space costume)

Sabertooth (90’s X-Factor)

Sabertooth (battle-damage ala Wolverine 90)

Senyaka

Shard

Shatterstar (blue and red costume)

Silver Fox (Wolverine universe)

Skin (Generation X)

Slayback (from Deadpool limited series)

Spat and Grovel (from trial of Gambit)

Storm (Marc Silvestri Outback era, yellow lightning bolt)

Sunfire (modern Jim Lee version)

The Protector (Orphan Maker I think)

Tusk

Warstar

White Queen (Generation X)

Wolfsbane (New Mutants)

Wolfsbane (X-Factor, Excalibur?)

Wolverine (90’s feral, bone claws and bandana) love triangle three-pack has bone claws, not full feral version

Wolverine (actually Albert the cyborg)

Wolverine (Fang)

Wolverine (Spy)

X-Cutioner

X-Treme

Edited by Chunkylover
Updated list.

20 minutes ago, tarot said:

god. Toybiz really over did it when they did this line.

It was pretty much the peak of X-Men fever.

I'd cut out the AoA figures, since I think we'll get a lot of those next year and we can re-assess then.

From what remains, the most likely candidates to get in the next few years strike me as:

Spy Wolverine

Deathbird

Sunspot

Warpath

X-Factor Wolfsbane

Classic Sabretooth

My personal "wish list" would be:

Outback Storm

Deathbird

Exodus

GenX White Queen

90's Sunfire (I just love that design for some reason)

Classic Sabretooth

1 hour ago, Jmacq1 said:

It was pretty much the peak of X-Men fever.

I'd cut out the AoA figures, since I think we'll get a lot of those next year and we can re-assess then.

From what remains, the most likely candidates to get in the next few years strike me as:

Spy Wolverine

Deathbird

Sunspot

Warpath

X-Factor Wolfsbane

Classic Sabretooth

My personal "wish list" would be:

Outback Storm

Deathbird

Exodus

GenX White Queen

90's Sunfire (I just love that design for some reason)

Classic Sabretooth

I like your lists. Which Sabertooth are you thinking? There is a Marauders Sabertooth from the TB Legends era.

I forgot to add him, but Maverick would be a great linemate for Spy Wolverine.

Hoo-boy!  Spat and Grovel!  Yeah, I spent actual money on those two.  Did they ever show back up after Gambit's trial?

The kicker is they were part of that "Marvel's Most Wanted" (sub?-)line along with Blink and X-Man.  Not sure how exactly "most wanted" was measured in those days.  Great figures, though!  I loved making Grovel eat Spat.

5 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

Hoo-boy!  Spat and Grovel!  Yeah, I spent actual money on those two.  Did they ever show back up after Gambit's trial?

The kicker is they were part of that "Marvel's Most Wanted" (sub?-)line along with Blink and X-Man.  Not sure how exactly "most wanted" was measured in those days.  Great figures, though!  I loved making Grovel eat Spat.

Right! Blink and X-Man are very nice though. A transitional state on the way to Legends. I never did figure out how to use Blink’s “teleportation” base thing.

I'm over the whole AOA deal, plus we already know Hasbro's tackling the main characters already. I'll wait to see who we're gonna get but you better believe Wolverine will be in there.

I'll say you have a pretty comprehensive list but I'm afraid there are a few fan faves you left out. Where are Maverick and Lady Deathstrike?

My List:

1. Maverick - Classic gold and silver

2. Kane - I would prefer the modern but the lame Liefeld design would be okay

3. Marrow - a classic badass who never got fully utilized

4. Warpath - I assume this is already coming but might as well include it here.

5. Wolverine (Fang) - only cuz there needs to be one

6. Lady Deathstrike - cuz, where the hell is it already?!

7. Black Tom - thought he woulda followed shortly after Juggs came out

BAF: Bonebreaker - he shouldn't have to be a BAF, but more recent trends make it clear this will never be a single packed figure.

4 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

I like your lists. Which Sabertooth are you thinking? There is a Marauders Sabertooth from the TB Legends era.

I forgot to add him, but Maverick would be a great linemate for Spy Wolverine.

Yeah, I was thinking Marauders/Classic Sabretooth, but you're right, Toy Biz did do one of those, it was a long time ago, though, and not the easiest thing to get ahold of.

Maverick almost made my wish list.  Maybe a two-pack with Spy Wolverine (or a Three Pack with him and Spy Sabretooth).

1 hour ago, Jmacq1 said:

Yeah, I was thinking Marauders/Classic Sabretooth, but you're right, Toy Biz did do one of those, it was a long time ago, though, and not the easiest thing to get ahold of.

Maverick almost made my wish list.  Maybe a two-pack with Spy Wolverine (or a Three Pack with him and Spy Sabretooth).

That spy three pack would be cool.

3 hours ago, monron999 said:

I'm over the whole AOA deal, plus we already know Hasbro's tackling the main characters already. I'll wait to see who we're gonna get but you better believe Wolverine will be in there.

I'll say you have a pretty comprehensive list but I'm afraid there are a few fan faves you left out. Where are Maverick and Lady Deathstrike?

My List:

1. Maverick - Classic gold and silver

2. Kane - I would prefer the modern but the lame Liefeld design would be okay

3. Marrow - a classic badass who never got fully utilized

4. Warpath - I assume this is already coming but might as well include it here.

5. Wolverine (Fang) - only cuz there needs to be one

6. Lady Deathstrike - cuz, where the hell is it already?!

7. Black Tom - thought he woulda followed shortly after Juggs came out

BAF: Bonebreaker - he shouldn't have to be a BAF, but more recent trends make it clear this will never be a single packed figure.

I think BB would be a decent BAF, too. Your list would be an awesome reality. Maverick, Kane, and Warpath esp.

I’m probably a minority opinion, but I think if I had to have a Wolverine, it would be the feral one.

I'm also not over AoA yet. 

5 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

Only one from that series I could ever find was Blink.

Completely forgot about Spat and Grovel. I'd love to see them get ML figures.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2019 at 12:22 PM, mako said:

Maverick

Ive been dreaming of a Maverick figure for so long I was starting to think I was pretty much the only one out there who wanted one, glad to see some love for Maverick out there, a figure of him would be amazing.

2 hours ago, leokearon said:

I would go with Green since he would then be able to fit in with the rest of the GSXM team

I wonder if they would ever do a set like the New Mutants "3-pack". A stock body with multiple different heads. Would one body work for Banshee and Gambit? I know there would be no trenchcoat or "wings".

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:55 PM, Benn said:

If I were tasked with putting out a wave based entirely on not-yet-redone Toybiz 90s figures, it would look like this:

• Chamber
  • Colossus (acolyte)
  • Exodus
  • Senyaka
  • Spiral
  • Storm (outback)
  • Wolfsbane (X-Factor)
  • BAF: Nimrod

That's right: no Wolverine.

I kind of like the idea of connections within a wave. The three Acolytes would be nice to have. I'm happy with the Spiral they already released, but that was a while ago.