90's Toybiz X-Men Figures: Who's Next?

Chunkylover

3 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

I wonder if they would ever do a set like the New Mutants "3-pack". A stock body with multiple different heads. Would one body work for Banshee and Gambit? I know there would be no trenchcoat or "wings".

It should be Morph

Morph-Series6-Front.jpg

6 minutes ago, Chunkylover said:

Give him a head for every male character that wore that costume, and some weapons? What about giving him the weird sea anemone helmet that Changeling wore. I believe the Morph of AoA was supposed to be Changeling from the early years of X-Men.

Morph and Changeling at the same person, just alternate versions. I want him as close to the ToyBIz version as possible, just with his gun added.

On 9/4/2019 at 6:17 AM, tarot said:

god. Toybiz really over did it when they did this line.

They sure did and I was grateful they did. LOL

I mean, I'd pick a bunch of these figures up at Kay Bees.  IIRC, it was like 3 figs for $10.   I still have a few left in a storage bin.   One of my favorites was the Psylocke with the pink mark under her eye.

14 minutes ago, Darth_Primus said:

They sure did and I was grateful they did. LOL

I mean, I'd pick a bunch of these figures up at Kay Bees.  IIRC, it was like 3 figs for $10.   I still have a few left in a storage bin.   One of my favorites was the Psylocke with the pink mark under her eye.

I miss kay bees, you could find the stuff there that no one else had and at great prices

8 minutes ago, michiganjfrog said:

I miss kay bees, you could find the stuff there that no one else had and at great prices

The glory days of toy collecting?

I like being able to get exactly what I want when I want it with online shopping, but I fondly remember the days of hunting for certain figures in stores.

Toybiz pumped out so many variants at the end, and so many obscure choices. What I liked was how they would focus on a certain artist's rendition of a figure. That red Sabertooth (ninja force, I think) was very reminiscent of Jeff Matsuda's art on X-Factor. The battle-damaged Sabertooth was wearing the shackles from either Wolverine 90, or it was from the Phalanx Covenant era. I can't remember exactly. It's just neat that they were so focused.

No Idea who's next but if I was running the show I'd pick these guys

Emplate
Penance
Marrow
The Protector
Phalanx
Lady Deathstrike
Spiral
Shard
Cameron Hodge
Marverick
Senyaka
X-Cutioner
Deathbird
Warstar
Tusk
Brood
Ch'od
Grizzly
Krule
Quark
Mojo
Killspree
Sunspot
Slayback
Commando
Exodus
Genesis
Bloodhawk
Halloween Jack
La Lunatica
Shadow Dancer

8 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

No Idea who's next but if I was running the show I'd pick these guys

Emplate
Penance
Marrow
The Protector
Phalanx
Lady Deathstrike
Spiral
Shard
Cameron Hodge
Marverick
Senyaka
X-Cutioner
Deathbird
Warstar
Tusk
Brood
Ch'od
Grizzly
Krule
Quark
Mojo
Killspree
Sunspot
Slayback
Commando
Exodus
Genesis
Bloodhawk
Halloween Jack
La Lunatica
Shadow Dancer

Going with some of the more obscure offerings, eh?

9 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

Going with some of the more obscure offerings, eh?

just going with my personal likes, and characters who I like the look of, but yes I guess you could say they would be the obscure ones for the most part

21 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

just going with my personal likes, and characters who I like the look of, but yes I guess you could say they would be the obscure ones for the most part

I hear you. I wasn't being critical. I don't know anything about a guy like Killspree or Commcast, but otherwise I'd jump at any of them.

27 minutes ago, Chunkylover said:

I hear you. I wasn't being critical. I don't know anything about a guy like Killspree or Commcast, but otherwise I'd jump at any of them.

Oh yeah no doubt I didn't think so, but yeah Killspree (or once known as Killjoy I believe) really wasn't a huge character in fact, he was one of the many shoe horned in characters to fill figure waves from Toybiz (there were alot, who literally maybe showed up once in the comic and poof were given a figure), I think he only had a hand full of appearances in the comics, but was an X-Force oriented character and was part of Weapon P.R.I.M.E who was run by Department K , he was a real fleeting entity in the series but like so many 90's characters looked so damn cool

• 1 year later...

These guys have been made since 2019, with the exception that Black Tom and Nimrod are slightly different. How have your lists been impacted?

Apocalypse (AoA)

Black Tom (white shirt)

Cyclops (AoA)

Dark Beast

Iceman (AoA)

Jean Grey (AoA)

Lady Deathstrike

Magneto (AoA)

Maverick

Nimrod (fat, round version)

Rogue (AoA)

Sugar Man

Sunspot (red and blue X-Force)

Warlock

Warpath

My NEW list:

Bonebreaker (BAF)

Exodus

Jean Grey (Marvel Girl X-Factor green)

Marrow (ugly version)

Morph (XTAS)

Rictor (X-Force version)

Wolverine (Spy)

On 9/4/2019 at 11:24 AM, MonsterChris said:

Hoo-boy!  Spat and Grovel!  Yeah, I spent actual money on those two.  Did they ever show back up after Gambit's trial?

The kicker is they were part of that "Marvel's Most Wanted" (sub?-)line along with Blink and X-Man.  Not sure how exactly "most wanted" was measured in those days.  Great figures, though!  I loved making Grovel eat Spat.

On 9/4/2019 at 5:08 PM, BludChylde said:

Only one from that series I could ever find was Blink.

Completely forgot about Spat and Grovel. I'd love to see them get ML figures.

I can't find most of my old Toybiz figs but I'd like to see if that old Spat (Spat is the girl right?) can fit in with my Legends. She was a great little figure.

12 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

These guys have been made since 2019, with the exception that Black Tom and Nimrod are slightly different. How have your lists been impacted?

Apocalypse (AoA)

Black Tom (white shirt)

Cyclops (AoA)

Dark Beast

Iceman (AoA)

Jean Grey (AoA)

Lady Deathstrike

Magneto (AoA)

Maverick

Nimrod (fat, round version)

Rogue (AoA)

Sugar Man

Sunspot (red and blue X-Force)

Warlock

Warpath

My NEW list:

Bonebreaker (BAF)

Exodus

Jean Grey (Marvel Girl X-Factor green)

Marrow (ugly version)

Morph (XTAS)

Rictor (X-Force version)

Wolverine (Spy)

Of the six figures I picked, I am only missing Banshee and XTAS Morph

On 9/4/2019 at 8:55 PM, Benn said:

If I were tasked with putting out a wave based entirely on not-yet-redone Toybiz 90s figures, it would look like this:

• Chamber
  • Colossus (acolyte)
  • Exodus
  • Senyaka
  • Spiral
  • Storm (outback)
  • Wolfsbane (X-Factor)
  • BAF: Nimrod

That's right: no Wolverine.

My list hasn't changed, except for the BAF, who I'd switch to Tusk.