Sony Closes The Door On Spider-Man's Return To The MCU

JayC

25 minutes ago, mako said:

It's so weird people keep saying this as if what Sony dd with their first version of Spider-Man didn't unlock the door for the MCU in the first place. How about Sony keeps doing what they do best, and somebody tell Disney to stop "F#*$ up"

I'd take a hundred Emo Peters over a single Big Thorbowski.

If Sony had stopped at the first two original Spider-Man movies that would be a valid argument. But since then we've had 3 crappy Spider-Man movies by Sony not to mention a pretty weak-ass Venom movie. 

*shrugs*  I'd say Tom Holland Spidey's world has been built up enough that Sony could make a good movie without leaning on the mcu as a crutch.  Granted their track record doesn't fill one with confidence (although the 1st two Raimi movies were pretty great) but we'll see.  I definitely expect that when the next big 'event' movie in the mcu rolls around, disney will throw enough money at sony to bring back spidey, which of course will be huge. So overall i'm not worried about it, especially since given what we know about phase 4 so far, there aren't a lot of movies where you'd expect spidey to make an appearance anyhow.

4 hours ago, mako said:

And frankly, is what the MCU did with Spider-Man so great? Five movies in and he was still basically Robin to Iron Man's Batman.

Well, you prefer dancing Emo for no reason Parker over Thorbowski with depression, and you've made clear you've enjoyed next to nothing from the MCU, so I'm not surprised. 

49 minutes ago, mako said:

No, on the contrary, I loved EVERYTHING about the MCU, but with Guardians of the Galaxy, they pretty much just started flushing the whole thing, piece by piece ,down the porcelain crap-catcher.

Well, it just comes down to taste as usual. GotG is my all-time favourite film. I know it's not objectively the best in the MCU or the world, but it is my personal favourite and I recognize several things that make it a great movie. Still, I understand you not liking it at all. It is a complete tonal shift from Winter Soldier.