Any word on if there will be more Squadron Supreme members done?

BarnabyWilde

I would say the ones who can be made mostly be re-using other parts have a decent shot of making it into an avengers wave.  I'd predict Doc Spectrum next but no idea when.  

The problem is that Hyperion and Nighthawk are somewhat unique in that, in addition to being Squadron members, both have been around in the 616 universe for a long time.  I'm not sure you can say that about any of the others, i guess speed demon sort of.  So they are pretty obscure characters.  I think they showed up in Hickman's secret wars but i'm honestly not sure about how much of a comic presence the Squadron has had since the Gruenwald maxi-series (or even since the J. Michael Straczynski series)

3 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

I would say the ones who can be made mostly be re-using other parts have a decent shot of making it into an avengers wave.  I'd predict Doc Spectrum next but no idea when.  

The problem is that Hyperion and Nighthawk are somewhat unique in that, in addition to being Squadron members, both have been around in the 616 universe for a long time.  I'm not sure you can say that about any of the others, i guess speed demon sort of.  So they are pretty obscure characters.  I think they showed up in Hickman's secret wars but i'm honestly not sure about how much of a comic presence the Squadron has had since the Gruenwald maxi-series (or even since the J. Michael Straczynski series)

Dr. Spectrum would be easy retool.  The others being obscure wouldn't stop them being made after all, we have Rock Python and Skullbuster, the seat-fillers of their respective teams

Re-paint Blizzard and give him a power prism holding hand and boom Dr. Spectrum.

Re-paint Nighthawk to his original colors and boom SS Nighthawk or Squadron Sinister Nighthawk.

Whizzer another easy re-paint with a new head.

A re-release of Hyperion in classic costume with an alternate masked head for the Sinister version.

2 hours ago, UsurperSmurf said:

Re-paint Blizzard and give him a power prism holding hand and boom Dr. Spectrum.

Re-paint Nighthawk to his original colors and boom SS Nighthawk or Squadron Sinister Nighthawk.

Whizzer another easy re-paint with a new head.

A re-release of Hyperion in classic costume with an alternate masked head for the Sinister version.

I would prefer Spectrum with a different body mold, but it is the easiest

I think the main reason we got the 3 that we have was for other reasons besides the Squadron. Hyperion was a member of the Avengers at the time and they needed a swap for Sentry (yes I know it was a different character).

Speed Demon was obviously because of the Superior Foes book.

Nighthawk was a long time request not for the Squadron but because he was a main member of the defenders.

Princess and Spectrum haven't had that kind of following or comic expose as the rest. 

That's to say that they have no chance. The team recently appear in the Avengers book as the Squadron Supreme of America with new costume, except Spectrum, so they could be made because of that. 

I honestly didn't think people cared about Squadron Supreme. I thought people kinda thought they were a passe thing (or even sort of a joke), it was on some JLA knock off business , I would be happy if we saw Power Princess, Lady Lark and Arcanna , but other then that I'm cool

I wouldn’t mind the main roster in classic costumes. What’s that make? Around 12 characters? Essentially the main Justice League right?

Superman (Hyperion)

Batman (Nighthawk)

Wonder Woman (Power Princess)

Flash (Whizzer/ Speed Demon)

Green Lantern (Dr. Spectrum)

Firestorm (Nuke)

Aquaman (Amphibian)

Black Canary (Lady Lark)

Martian Manhunter (Skymax?)

Oberon ( Tom Thumb)

Green Arrow ( Golden Archer)

Hawkman ( Blue Eagle)

Probably take 10 years

It may take 10 years because they would have to slip in one of the characters into a related line every few years like they have started with the serpent society. 

The parts are there for extras like Blue Angels wings, the rest are easy repaints. 

Seems like Hasbro is starting quite a few teams like New Warriors, Serpents,   Alpha Flight ( box set knocked this team out).. be interesting to see if the rest off

17 hours ago, tarot said:

I think the main reason we got the 3 that we have was for other reasons besides the Squadron. Hyperion was a member of the Avengers at the time and they needed a swap for Sentry (yes I know it was a different character).

Speed Demon was obviously because of the Superior Foes book.

Nighthawk was a long time request not for the Squadron but because he was a main member of the defenders.

Princess and Spectrum haven't had that kind of following or comic expose as the rest. 

That's to say that they have no chance. The team recently appear in the Avengers book as the Squadron Supreme of America with new costume, except Spectrum, so they could be made because of that. 

After getting the likes of Skullbuster and Rock Python, you can't really use they don't have lack of following of comic exposure as a reason for them not being made.

Probably also worth noting that Speed Demon pegwarmed pretty hard, and it looks like Nighthawk is doing the same (not sure how Hyperion sold when he came out).  That could also be a factor in hasbro's decision to move forward with the rest of the team.  Have they had any presence in marvel comics recently? I think they had a miniseries during Hickman's secret wars.  I also thought the re-envisioned Nighthawk from J. Michael's work had  his own bried series (somehow set in 616?) but i may be misremembering.  In any case,  i think if the squadron have a prominent role in current/recent comics that would increase the likelihood of us seeing more of them in figure form.. although in that case they might end up wearing whatever redesigned costumes current artists have given them.

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:25 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I honestly didn't think people cared about Squadron Supreme. I thought people kinda thought they were a passe thing (or even sort of a joke), it was on some JLA knock off business , I would be happy if we saw Power Princess, Lady Lark and Arcanna , but other then that I'm cool

I don't really think it matters to Hasbro how much people care about them. Teams like SS, Defenders and New Warriors are just a resource for characters to serve as fillers in waves. I personally would love for them to finish any or all of these teams, but hell, they haven't even fully completed Avengers. And I'm not counting all those short timer characters like Doctor Druid, Stingray and Starfox. I'm talking about Falcon, Tigra and Yellowjacket and don't forget about classic Herc and Wonder Man.

• 1 month later...
On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:24 AM, leokearon said:

Dr. Spectrum would be easy retool.  The others being obscure wouldn't stop them being made after all, we have Rock Python and Skullbuster, the seat-fillers of their respective teams

Either the Eel or Blizzard could be retooled for Dr. Spectrum....practically just a repaint.

Do like they did with Alpha Flight, make a box set of the members that have not yet been made & make it available either via Amazon, EE , etc.

Classic versions of :

Power Princess, helmeted version

Dr Spectrum

Blue Eagle

Golden or Black Archer

Skymax the Skrull

Amphibian

Lady Lark

Added to Hyperion, Nighthawk & Speed Demon & we have 10 members of the Squadron Supreme ready to throw down with the Avengers/X-Men/FF/AF

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, IsaiahWayne said:

They should made Squadron Supreme box sets. Two sets for the main team. A set for the Institute of Evil, and a set for Nighthawk’s Redeemers.

Supreme Power Nighthawk and Hyperion, Squadron Supreme set for the 616 universe guys. Classic Hyperion needs to be re-done because the figure's chest proportions are off, he's got that wonky eye, and the large belt (painted on rather sloppily) and cape are just wrong. The cape is fastened on just one side and doesn't have any additional clasps, unlike the figure . I realize they may have thought that was necessary to give it 2 pieces, but they didn't.

LOL like anybody cares about me ranting about super villain costume wear.

john-garrett-nighthawk-01.jpg

7 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Supreme Power Nighthawk and Hyperion, Squadron Supreme set for the 616 universe guys. Classic Hyperion needs to be re-done because the figure's chest proportions are off, he's got that wonky eye, and the large belt (painted on rather sloppily) and cape are just wrong. The cape is fastened on just one side and doesn't have any additional clasps, unlike the figure . I realize they may have thought that was necessary to give it 2 pieces, but they didn't.

LOL like anybody cares about me ranting about super villain costume wear.

john-garrett-nighthawk-01.jpg

Hyperion definitely needs to be redone. They can have him come with a couple head sculpts too. I would love to see one with his green glasses.

On 9/6/2019 at 12:10 AM, BarnabyWilde said:

I'd love to see more members of the Squadron Supreme made. Hyperion, Doctor Spectrum, Power Princess, Golden Archer to name a few. Any chance we will see them?

A lot of people forget, Nighthawk was a member of the Squadron and he's already done; he was the Batman equivalent. How they pulled off him wearing this groucho marx beak I'll never know. But by the time he joined the Defenders as a hero, he changed his costume and I would defy anyone to find anything "Batman-esque" in the new version. As for chances on seeing any others, I'd say its possible they'll re-do Hyperion, and maybe do Doc Spectrum. Cant see them doing the others unless they do a special box set.

But I didn't see any chances of White Rabbit getting done, either.