Did The Upcoming Hasbro Marvel Legends 6" Jean Grey Figure Get An Update?!?

JayC

Hasbro has put out some updated images for their upcoming 6" X-Men Marvel Legends 3-pack which features 90's versions of Jean Grey, Cyclops and Wolverine.

Comparing the images that were released back in July during SDCC for the set and these new images, it appears Hasbro has made some slight modifications to the 2 headculpts that will be included in the set for Jean.

You can see below a comparison with the original images featuring the white background and the new updated images featuring a the black background.

Originally the headsculpt with the hair down featured an open mouth were you could see her teeth and the headsculpt with the hair in the ponytail had a closed mouth. With the new images it looks like that has been reversed. The one with the hair down now appears to have a closed mouth and the one with the ponytail has an open mouth.

The masks on the headsculpt also seem to have been modified a bit. Originally the one with the ponytail had the mask extend out on the side of her face and the one with the hair down did not. Now that to seems to have been reversed between the two headsculpts.

While seemingly minor modification, which versions do you prefer?

00.jpg

HASBRO MARVEL X-MEN LEGENDS SERIES 3-pack (in pck).jpg

HASBRO MARVEL X-MEN LEGENDS SERIES 3-pack (oop).jpg

HASBRO MARVEL-X-MEN LEGENDS SERIES 3-pack (oop).jpg

Marvel-Legends-3-Pack-00.jpg

Marvel-Legends-3-Pack-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-3-Pack-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-3-Pack-03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-3-Pack-04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-3-Pack-05.jpg

Marvel-Legends-3-Pack-06.jpg

Marvel-Legends-3-Pack-07.jpg

58 minutes ago, Falls22 said:

Maybe Hasbro’s giving us a hint here?!?! Maybe the hair is interchangeable with each headsculpt?!?! If so that would be pretty awesome!!!!! 

From interchangeable hands and heads to hair. It would be awesome and insane

7 hours ago, Captian48 said:

I like the new versions much better. If you don't you can always pop the hair off and change the hair you want on the face you want.

Same here, either way Im going to have mine with the long hair so once the figure is out if I dont like how it looks ill just switch the hairs around for the best look.

5 hours ago, Air-Walker said:

I preferred it the way they had it initially, but, no matter. I just hope they've finally settled on a facial likeness for Jean at long last (how many have we had now? 4-5? Lol!)

Agree, and this from a guy who NEVER liked this outfit for her. It made no sense; what is that supposed to be, a mask? A balaclava? Is that thing a yellow onesie? Are those thigh pads on the side of the legs? I disliked the outfit so much I was happy to sell the rocket racoon baf I wound up with. But here's the thing! Hasbro has done such a good job here that I'm actually buying this one! Now that's saying something. Still have the same objections to Jim Lee's costume design (if he's the one who did) but they did such a good job, I'm going with it. Really admire the work here.