JayC

Did The Upcoming Hasbro Marvel Legends 6" Jean Grey Figure Get An Update?!?

Hasbro has put out some updated images for their upcoming 6" X-Men Marvel Legends 3-pack which features 90's versions of Jean Grey, Cyclops and Wolverine.

Comparing the images that were released back in July during SDCC for the set and these new images, it appears Hasbro has made some slight modifications to the 2 headculpts that will be included in the set for Jean.

You can see below a comparison with the original images featuring the white background and the new updated images featuring a the black background.

Originally the headsculpt with the hair down featured an open mouth were you could see her teeth and the headsculpt with the hair in the ponytail had a closed mouth. With the new images it looks like that has been reversed. The one with the hair down now appears to have a closed mouth and the one with the ponytail has an open mouth.

The masks on the headsculpt also seem to have been modified a bit. Originally the one with the ponytail had the mask extend out on the side of her face and the one with the hair down did not. Now that to seems to have been reversed between the two headsculpts.

While seemingly minor modification, which versions do you prefer?

00.jpg

HASBRO MARVEL X-MEN LEGENDS SERIES 3-pack (in pck).jpg

HASBRO MARVEL X-MEN LEGENDS SERIES 3-pack (oop).jpg

HASBRO MARVEL-X-MEN LEGENDS SERIES 3-pack (oop).jpg

Marvel-Legends-3-Pack-00.jpg

Marvel-Legends-3-Pack-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-3-Pack-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-3-Pack-03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-3-Pack-04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-3-Pack-05.jpg

Marvel-Legends-3-Pack-06.jpg

Marvel-Legends-3-Pack-07.jpg

I like the new versions much better. If you don't you can always pop the hair off and change the hair you want on the face you want.

I like the new headscupts

If I'm remembering right the new headsculpts are more accurate to their respective media (Jean had the cheek-covering half-cowl in the comics (sometimes) but not in the animated series).

I think I like them both. At first I even though they'll give us interchangeable hair pieces, that would be interesting. But overall, this is still one of my most anticipated sets of the year, Jean being the main reason.

I'm not sure but it looks like all they did was swapped the the hair on the head sculpts. Very cool set though. 

Maybe Hasbro’s giving us a hint here?!?! Maybe the hair is interchangeable with each headsculpt?!?! If so that would be pretty awesome!!!!! 

They totally look better this way. Love the way that long hair gives her that kinda cocky smirk. That one is particularly beautiful.

58 minutes ago, Falls22 said:

Maybe Hasbro’s giving us a hint here?!?! Maybe the hair is interchangeable with each headsculpt?!?! If so that would be pretty awesome!!!!! 

From interchangeable hands and heads to hair. It would be awesome and insane

If they did make the hair interchangeable, they should re-do Medusa to have huge hair and various versions. 😎👍🏻

I highly doubt it's interchangeable hair. I mean I know they do it separately anyway... but making it a feature feels like a stretch. I'm sure customizers will be able to swap the hair but us regular mortals probably won't.

After taking another look at this 3 pack it seems better than I first surmised.

The new Ponytail look seems a little . . . frowney, but other than that its all good.

I liked the original combo better, but the swaps are still ok.

Edit: Toyshiz on Instagram stated the original comic con look is correct and the pics today were early test shots.

I have no preference between the old and new since it's just a hair swap between the two heads. Probably going to use which ever head gets the ponytail just so she stands out among all the women with their hair sitting loose.

I preferred it the way they had it initially, but, no matter. I just hope they've finally settled on a facial likeness for Jean at long last (how many have we had now? 4-5? Lol!)

7 hours ago, Captian48 said:

I like the new versions much better. If you don't you can always pop the hair off and change the hair you want on the face you want.

Same here, either way Im going to have mine with the long hair so once the figure is out if I dont like how it looks ill just switch the hairs around for the best look.

the updated pony tail head is the best combo IMO

dang I need this set, its giving me nostalgia vibes for the old toybiz X-Men figures I would get in k mart lol

Toyshiz confirmed the original look is the one we are getting. New pics are actually old proto pics and not accurate.

I like he originals better. Wish Cyclops' arms could be swapped.

5 hours ago, Air-Walker said:

I preferred it the way they had it initially, but, no matter. I just hope they've finally settled on a facial likeness for Jean at long last (how many have we had now? 4-5? Lol!)

Agree, and this from a guy who NEVER liked this outfit for her. It made no sense; what is that supposed to be, a mask? A balaclava? Is that thing a yellow onesie? Are those thigh pads on the side of the legs? I disliked the outfit so much I was happy to sell the rocket racoon baf I wound up with. But here's the thing! Hasbro has done such a good job here that I'm actually buying this one! Now that's saying something. Still have the same objections to Jim Lee's costume design (if he's the one who did) but they did such a good job, I'm going with it. Really admire the work here.

5 hours ago, KiloinNorcal said:

Toyshiz confirmed the original look is the one we are getting. New pics are actually old proto pics and not accurate.

oh well..i guess it doesn't matter too much either way, maybe you could boil and pop the hair to swap it