Hasbro selling just alternate head sculpts?

RicGoHard

I'd be potentially interested in such a thing.  I know a lot of folks aren't happy with some of the unmasked Wolverine heads, so some alternate options there might prove popular.  I love my 80th anniversary 2-pack Hulk, but I really wish he had an alternate rage-screaming head.  And directly opposite of that sentiment, I know I'm not alone in wanting a more serene, thoughtful head for this year's Beast release.  I definitely want a classic John Byrne-style head for my Wendigo BAF.  They could do a redder head for the yellow-headed Human Torch that seemed to bother a significant number of people.  Also a non-flaming head option for the same.  Storm with her pretty blue eyes showing instead of the powered-up all whites.  Bearded Thor.  LOTS of possibilities here!

Cyclops is finally getting a couple of unmasked heads and there are some other folks that could stand to join him including Captain America, Daredevil, Magneto (with shorter hair), and The Green Goblin (with Norman and Harry options, natch).

I'd love to see them release packs by team/theme, e.g., a set of X-Men heads, or a pack of Avengers heads.  Include some thrown-back cowls to drape over the neck and shoulders where applicable (like with Cap), or an empty mask to put in the figure's hand when that works better (in the case of, say, a Green Goblin or Hobgoblin).

Very cool idea.

27 minutes ago, michiganjfrog said:

i would be a cool little mail in type thing I think. or a Hasbro exclusive maybe?

if it was released in retail like Walmart just imagine all the stealing and returns that would happen with them:wacko:

Ugh, yeah.  That could get messy.  How about fan channel exclusive?

18 minutes ago, michiganjfrog said:

yea something along those lines would be great, imagine like a 5 head x-men set with the main focus on a relaxed beast face :biggrin:

I'd propose something more like the accessory sets DCIcons sold. With pieces for several figures/diorama objects/alt parts. So we'd get accessories for multiple figures/uses and not just heads.

8 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I'd be happy with either Alt Head pack, Alt Head Pack + Accessories, both would be awesome, Hasbro really needs to give us some things like this , I am baffled we still havn't seen anything like this yet

To be honest, they struggle giving us Accessories with the ragular figures, so I;m not surprised they would struggle with the idea of accessory packs

themed accessory packs would be really cool ,just a couple ideas off the top of my head..

the xmen pack could have a beast head with some books and glasses.  maybe a gambit head ,( ive seen a few complants online about the one that it came with but personally i like it)

spidey pack: camera , various web accessories and effects and gadgets , ect

symbiote pack:  various effects and tendril accessories with alternate heads?

punisher :GUNS and more GUNS lol

Love this idea! I would go for themed head sets or heck, the head/accessory set is brilliant. I have used various heads for bodies they were not intended for (ex: used the Madrox head for unmasked Black Knight. Figured it was generic enough to pass for Dane Whitman circa Absolute Vision storyline). It could be a great way to get versions of characters that were close to the classic looks while representing a different era. Like classic Wendigo head, Perez Beast, mad Hulk, Scruffy beard and mullet 90s era Dane,  less pissy Guardian etc. 

Also love the cowls idea. I have poached a few from the old Toybiz ones like Cap, DD and Wolverine and have added them to my current Hasbro versions. Always loved that look with the unmasked head. I would add empty helmets for characters like Black Knight and Nova  and maybe dropped hoods for characters like Moon Knight. Awesome way to add variety to display shelf’s.

Not sure about what accessories would be cool.. most characters that have appropriate accessories already come with them. 

Would have to be fan channel though, just saw a 80th cap replaced with a retro Cap and a Freddie Blassie alternate head. Can’t have this continue, always ticks me off when I see that.

9 hours ago, leokearon said:

The only thing with accessory packs is that they would still have to be generic enough to sell. Having a lot of specific parts for specific figures may put off people.

Unless, like mentioned above the accessories were themed. Make sets specific to teams or characters and appeal to collectors who have those figures.  Then if it doesn’t apply to your collection you can skip. Not sure how they would market that approach though

Yeah, it'd definitely have to be some kind of exclusive but I think it would have enough appeal that it wouldn't be a bomb (depending on what figures they pick to "accessorize" though).

If anything, though, I see Hasbro veering away from the idea in favor of selling you the whole figure again, just with a different headsculpt/accessories (I all-but-guarantee we'll see this with Beast sooner rather than later).

Heads, effects, different weapons or accessories, diorama stuff, it's all great, I'll take any of it that Hasbro puts out there.  But they should be fan channel exclusives so that they can be done in a more obscure, niche vein. 

On 9/11/2019 at 6:24 PM, McHogan said:

Unless, like mentioned above the accessories were themed. Make sets specific to teams or characters and appeal to collectors who have those figures.  Then if it doesn’t apply to your collection you can skip. Not sure how they would market that approach though

They would still have to be some generic enough as to make sure the most number of people would buy it. There would be no way to have just a head set for say X-Men figures unless the heads were not exclusive to specific figures.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 11:42 AM, RicGoHard said:

I’m wondering if Hasbro discussed an idea to sell a pack of alternate head sculpts for different figures? Would that sell? Has anybody even thought about that?

I think its a nice idea; I would prefer they include them with the figure (which we're seeing more and more of) but alternate looks- teeth showing, open mouth, angry, etc. would be very good and I'd buy them.

I don't mind an apology head as a pack-in with another character (or costume variant of the same character), but just buying heads sounds like it'd be a little harder to manage.
Having said that, I could always use some head sculpts for female character that have a bit more ... well.. character. Let's get some ladies baring their gritted teeth, or yelling, or something!