Outsiders

Hailee Steinfeld Offered Lead Role For 'Hawkeye' Disney Plus Series

Sources from within have informed Variety that film, TV and music star Hailee Steinfeld has been offered a lead role in the upcoming “Hawkeye” limited series at Disney Plus.

Steinfeld will play the role of Kate Bishop if accepted.  Bishop is a Marvel Comics character who took up the Hawkeye mantle after Clint Barton.  She is also a member of the group known as the Young Avengers.  Jeremy Renner is set to reprise his role of titular bow-wielding hero that he has played through multiple films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, most recently in “Avengers: Endgame.”

Steinfeld's film credits include starring in films such as “The Edge of Seventeen,” “Bumblebee,” the “Pitch Perfect” franchise, and for lending her voice to the Oscar-winning animated film “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.”

Hailee_Steinfeld.jpg

This would be a perfect casting. She is a great young talent with a great attitude and has actual acting skills. Also she seems like a truly genuine person that is grateful to the fans who put her where she is. She looks great and looks like the character from the comics.

She has the goods, no doubt about that. Most importantly, coming off Bumblebee, she'll be accustomed to acting and interacting in a totally made-up world. I know it sounds trite, but its amazing how many world-class actors can't pull that off; much less the pretty millennial crowd.

9 minutes ago, michiganjfrog said:

shes great. though I was hoping she would be cast as a live action spider gwen

Well, since we are talking about two separate universes now, she could still play Spider-Gwen I guess.

3 hours ago, mako said:

She has the goods, no doubt about that. Most importantly, coming off Bumblebee, she'll be accustomed to acting and interacting in a totally made-up world. I know it sounds trite, but its amazing how many world-class actors can't pull that off; much less the pretty millennial crowd.

I'm just glad Marvel is starting to cast actors that are not 50+ for these roles.

She was great in Bumblebbe and Into the Spider-verse. I think she would a very good choice

23 minutes ago, leokearon said:

She was great in Bumblebbe and Into the Spider-verse. I think she would a very good choice

I ditto this, I liked her in Bumblebee (even though I wasn't a huge fan of that movie in general) , I'm down with the choice

25 minutes ago, DylanRaven055 said:

Definitely looking forward to seeing this. Hopefully she will take it and maybe we can get a Young Avengers type movie in the future.

Probably part of the plan

32 minutes ago, DylanRaven055 said:

Definitely looking forward to seeing this. Hopefully she will take it and maybe we can get a Young Avengers type movie in the future.

I don't know about a movie, but I could certainly see a series lead in like what Netflix did with Defenders.

19 minutes ago, mako said:

I don't know about a movie, but I could certainly see a series lead in like what Netflix did with Defenders.

Only, you know, at least decently done. 

1 hour ago, memocromatico said:

Only, you know, at least decently done. 

Well yeah, that goes without saying. 

3 hours ago, DylanRaven055 said:

ive been seeing some rumors pop up for it. so hopefully

Holy heck, i did not expect this, i might see this show and see how Hailee will handle this 🙂