Hailee Steinfeld Offered Lead Role For 'Hawkeye' Disney Plus Series

Outsiders

Sources from within have informed Variety that film, TV and music star Hailee Steinfeld has been offered a lead role in the upcoming “Hawkeye” limited series at Disney Plus.

Steinfeld will play the role of Kate Bishop if accepted.  Bishop is a Marvel Comics character who took up the Hawkeye mantle after Clint Barton.  She is also a member of the group known as the Young Avengers.  Jeremy Renner is set to reprise his role of titular bow-wielding hero that he has played through multiple films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, most recently in “Avengers: Endgame.”

Steinfeld's film credits include starring in films such as “The Edge of Seventeen,” “Bumblebee,” the “Pitch Perfect” franchise, and for lending her voice to the Oscar-winning animated film “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.”

Hailee_Steinfeld.jpg

3 hours ago, mako said:

She has the goods, no doubt about that. Most importantly, coming off Bumblebee, she'll be accustomed to acting and interacting in a totally made-up world. I know it sounds trite, but its amazing how many world-class actors can't pull that off; much less the pretty millennial crowd.

I'm just glad Marvel is starting to cast actors that are not 50+ for these roles.

23 minutes ago, leokearon said:

She was great in Bumblebbe and Into the Spider-verse. I think she would a very good choice

I ditto this, I liked her in Bumblebee (even though I wasn't a huge fan of that movie in general) , I'm down with the choice

• 1 year later...

Back in September it was reported that actress Hailee Steinfeld was being offered a lead role in the upcoming Disney+ Hawkeye series as the character known as Kate Bishop.

Production on the new series began this week in New York series and already set photos have shown up online giving us our first look at Steinfeld as Bishop along with Jeremy Renner who of course is reprising his role as Clint Barton from the MCU movies.

I'm happy to see this series is in production with Steinfeld as Kate Bishop, but I'm even happier to see that Lucky (aka Pizza Dog) is there with them. While they can't translate Matt Fracton and David Aja's HAWKEYE comic faithfully, because Barton is a very different character in the MCU than in the comics, it's nice to know that certain elements will be carried over.