Hailee Steinfeld Offered Lead Role For 'Hawkeye' Disney Plus Series

Outsiders

She looks great, she is a great actor and the best thing of all....she appreciates her fans and just does her job and doesn't say stupid S#!t. For now. I'm sure it won't be long before Disney has her out peddling their political and social garbage, but for now I'll remain positive as from everything I've seen she's a total professional who just does her job and does it well.

2 hours ago, monron999 said:

She looks great, she is a great actor and the best thing of all....she appreciates her fans and just does her job and doesn't say stupid S#!t. For now. I'm sure it won't be long before Disney has her out peddling their political and social garbage, but for now I'll remain positive as from everything I've seen she's a total professional who just does her job and does it well.

Have you seen her Instagram? She's as woke as all the rest. Saw no difference

8 hours ago, FASVB said:

Have you seen her Instagram? She's as woke as all the rest. Saw no difference

Admittedly I do not follow her (or anyone) on Insta bcuz you pretty much have to be woke to get that blue checkmark. I'm familiar with her leanings but I was mostly referring to how she doesn't blast on fans or "dudes" and is generally viewed as a nice person and a pleasant person to work with. Honestly though, thanks to a few socially ordained Marvelous Captains, the bar isn't set too high these days. There was a time when just being a tolerable human being wasn't the measure of a "good person".

40 minutes ago, ADour said:

What's next, "she-who-must-not-be-named"? I guess it fits since she's your personal Voldemort.

Just giving hate back to people that openly and proudly and loudly hate almost everything about who I am. But see, I don't hate her cuz she has an X chromosome, I hate her cuz she's a terrible person.

46 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Just giving hate back to people that openly and proudly and loudly hate almost everything about who I am. But see, I don't hate her cuz she has an X chromosome, I hate her cuz she's a terrible person.

I feel tempted to explain again how that image of Brie Larson is based on a targeted campaign of misconstruction, which means there's no point in being consumed by this hatred to the extreme of derailing topics to talk about her (not that that'd be worthwhile even if that hatred was warranted), but that's definitely a Sisyphean task.

Setting aside the obvious difference between love and hate... I gotta say, I've met people who are big fans of Brie Larson, but they've never poured this much energy into her.

1 hour ago, ADour said:

I feel tempted to explain again how that image of Brie Larson is based on a targeted campaign of misconstruction, which means there's no point in being consumed by this hatred to the extreme of derailing topics to talk about her (not that that'd be worthwhile even if that hatred was warranted), but that's definitely a Sisyphean task.

Setting aside the obvious difference between love and hate... I gotta say, I've met people who are big fans of Brie Larson, but they've never poured this much energy into her.

Eh, what can I say? She inspires me.

2 hours ago, ADour said:

I was hoping the nicest thing I've ever said to you was "Dude, it's not worth wasting your life being consumed by a blind hate," but I'll take it. ❤️

This has been going on for like a day now, so I'd suggest just blocking him. Guys like that make these outrageous statements looking for attention and to rile people up. Just mute him and go on with your day. The ignore feature is your friend.

• 4 months later...

The other day a new set photo from the Disney+ Hawkeye series which will see Jeremy Renner return as Clint Barton to the MCU surfaced. In the image we see Renner wearing a new costume that looks pretty true to one of the more modern outfits he is seen wearing in the comics. The photo shows him with acturess Alaqua Cox who is said to be playing the assassin known as Echo and already been rumored as getting her own Disney+ spin-off series.

While the Hawkeye series has been in production since late last year, there has yet to be any kind of premiere date for the series announced by Marvel or Disney.

Hawkeye.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I would much rather a Hawkeye series center on, well, HAWKEYE...instead of sharing space with some knock-off sidekick (save that for a 2nd series). I fear this is what prematurely ended Black Lightning...but on the other hand, Marvel's done such a great job with their other series, I'm certainly willing to reserve judgement until air time. Hope they get it out soon!!

3 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I would much rather a Hawkeye series center on, well, HAWKEYE...instead of sharing space with some knock-off sidekick (save that for a 2nd series). I fear this is what prematurely ended Black Lightning...but on the other hand, Marvel's done such a great job with their other series, I'm certainly willing to reserve judgement until air time. Hope they get it out soon!!

Nah bra, Disney gotta push that SJW agenda down our throats whether we want it or not. It's in their mandate! And if it fails...it's our fault for not liking it.

4 hours ago, Atlantis said:

The show's biggest influence is Matt Fraction and David Aja's Hawkeye run. It took place (mostly) in Brookyln where the show's been shot, it featured the Russian mafia we'll see in the show, Madame Masque who we'll see in the show, Lucky the Pizza Dog who we'll see in the show... and Kate Bishop who we'll see in the show.

2 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Nah bra, Disney gotta push that SJW agenda down our throats whether we want it or not. It's in their mandate! And if it fails...it's our fault for not liking it.

SpiderS said: More than Sjw thing, Marvel is pushing for Young Avengers movie, with all the Disney+ series, Ant-man's daughter is already there, Wanda's Children in WandaVison, Isaiah Bradley grandkid in Falcon and Winter Soldier, upcoming Ms. Marvel and Iron heart series and now new Hawkeye. 

*************************************************************************************************

Hold up, hold up. I don't know where the "sjw" thing came from. I'm merely saying as this is his first solo media outing, the story imo should focus on him, before they bring in these other things. Any objection I have to knock-offs is because I think they dilute the main character. Nothing to do with "social" issues. If you tell me that the Batman spent his youth in relentless, inhuman training and discipline to get to that apex level, then you bring in a Batgirl/woman/boy (not referring to Robin here; he also trained all of his youth) who has the same or nearly the same abilities but didnt go thru that, it makes him look stupid for working that hard. If Kate Bishop, as a teen girl, has archery skills comparable to Hawkeye....well...

I've never liked the "junior" version of any hero/team. It just lacks originality to me. I have exceptions....I love Miles Morales, and the alien possessed Blue Beetle is off the charts! But by and large I just dont care for a "young" Avengers or new warriors thing.

My knock against Black Lightning was that I just feel they emphasized his daughters too much and should have given more limelight to him. If they had done it right, he could've gone 6 or more seasons instead of 4. I would've loved to see him get at least one team-up with the Flash. 

Now having said all that, recall that I also said I have high hopes for the series, and am completely happy to have any misgivings I might have dispelled.