Haslab MCU Hall of Armor

AnotherPunkChef

So I rewatched Iron Man 3 (its good), and I thought, how cool would it be if we got a 59 figure boxed set of all of the MCU Iron Man figures (MKs 1-50 plus 85) Rescue, the 4 War Machine figures, and Tony, Pepper, and Rhodey? I think it would TOTALLY be worth the 500 dollar price tag. Maybe bump it up to 60 figures by including Happy or Morgan...

20 minutes ago, BludChylde said:

I saw the title and thought it was going to be a suggestion for a Hall of Armor diorama setup.

If my math is correct, $500 divided by 60 figures works out to roughly $8.33 cents per figure. I can't see Hasbro being that generous.

I would still gladly pay 1200 bones, and make the packaging the Hall

11 minutes ago, michiganjfrog said:

i guess they could cheapen it by putting some of the less desirable armours with limited articulation , but then again i dont know if anyone would go for that

I don't think there's a reliable way to determine which are the truly less desirable armors. Someone will always say "ugh I wanted >insert armor number< and they cheaped out on it"

If they ever did do an MCU HoA, I'd say they go for the diorama with either MK 1-7+ Mk42 and Tony Stark. Or the diorama and maybe 10 of the most unique armors (Igor, for example). Thinking about constraining it to the 500 usd mark.

seems like a cool idea, I personally have no interest in this at all. but I can see how people would be stoked to get this. I wouldn't even consider buying something like this even if the price was amazing like 1 dollar a figure

Sure I would support this idea. Any chance I can get to get those early armors from the first few movies in modern articulation.  My only suggestion would be to have them the same size-ish as the MCU FIRST 10 YEARS Iron Man. That figure looked like how a man in armor should look.

It's a reasonably cool idea but I'm not sure how well a giant box set of one of the most-produced characters in the Marvel line would sell to collectors.  I think there'd be a LOT of complaints about "too many iron men."

That said, I would be happy to get at least Mk. 1, 3, and 5 in modern sculpting and articulation.  But I think that could probably be a non-Haslab exclusive.

Honestly I'm not sure what way to go with Haslab for Marvel Legends.  The Sail Barge was something Star Wars fans had been clamoring for for years, and more importantly had never been done before.  Unicron makes a lot of sense for Transformers (though I think it's suffering from a lot of people who might have the earlier version considering it "good enough" especially when you can still get it on the secondary market for a lot less than Haslab is asking for theirs).  

I just can't think of a single Marvel-oriented item that has that kind of "majority" appeal, if that makes sense?  Upsized Galactus, Sentinel, etc...?  Well OK...but like Unicron a fair number of people might consider earlier versions good enough.  Vehicles?  Kinda neat but aside from effectively being glorified figure cases for a half-dozen figures that display well what do they really do?  Team packs for more "niche" teams?  I probably like that idea the best but at the same time niche characters/teams don't seem to do so well on-pegs.  I dunno.  But I do know that I'd love to see them try something.

2 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

I just can't think of a single Marvel-oriented item that has that kind of "majority" appeal, if that makes sense?  Upsized Galactus, Sentinel, etc...?  Well OK...but like Unicron a fair number of people might consider earlier versions good enough.  Vehicles?  Kinda neat but aside from effectively being glorified figure cases for a half-dozen figures that display well what do they really do?  Team packs for more "niche" teams?  I probably like that idea the best but at the same time niche characters/teams don't seem to do so well on-pegs.  I dunno.  But I do know that I'd love to see them try something.

I may be on the wrong, but I have a feeling it would have to be MCU oriented for it to have a broader appeal. Then again, other than the Milano or Quinjet, I don't think there's a big or ambitious enough project, and I'm not sure they're that broad enough. Specially after considering your point of them being glorified figure cases. 

Then again, if we were to get something that could be used either for MCU or Comic... maybe it could have enough pull... but I can't think of anything specific, like you said.

22 hours ago, memocromatico said:

I may be on the wrong, but I have a feeling it would have to be MCU oriented for it to have a broader appeal. Then again, other than the Milano or Quinjet, I don't think there's a big or ambitious enough project, and I'm not sure they're that broad enough. Specially after considering your point of them being glorified figure cases. 

Then again, if we were to get something that could be used either for MCU or Comic... maybe it could have enough pull... but I can't think of anything specific, like you said.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet that the decision will come down to whether they make a MCU Quinjet or a comic-based Master Mold. 

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:36 AM, michiganjfrog said:

i guess they could cheapen it by putting some of the less desirable armours with limited articulation , but then again i dont know if anyone would go for that

You are right! I wouldn't go for it.  I dropped the Marvel Universe 4" line for that very reason. They wanted to sell the figures at the same price (actually higher than when they started), but with less features and articulation? Seriously? No thank you.

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

You are right! I wouldn't go for it.  I dropped the Marvel Universe 4" line for that very reason. They wanted to sell the figures at the same price (actually higher than when they started), but with less features and articulation? Seriously? No thank you.

i remember that, lucky for me I wasn't ever really too into  the 4" line

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Yeah pretty much killed off the 3.75 inch line