Black Widow wave Confirmed?

tarot

A week or 2 ago, it was leaked that might be getting a Stepford Cuckoo set. Well thanks to Icė Abellon from Facebook, we got another screen shot of that. But what was more interesting was the confirmation that we will be getting a Black Widow wave. While this is no surprise as it is the next movie in the line, it does confirm that Hasbro has more or less the wave planned out. No word on what is coming in that wave at all (beside the obviously BW and Taskmaster) but more the likely it will be a mix wave considering it’s the first movie in the Black Widow franchise (she had been in it nearly from the start but this is her first movie).

69762752_10157771922329474_3593662272582

Oh cool! , I hope it's a mixed MCU and comic wave, and for the first time I'm going to be really happy about an Movie Oriented wave if it contains more ladies then men, multiple Widows (comic and MCU) and some Widow Villains Black Lotus maybe, hoping we can sneak in Viper

1 hour ago, SpiderS said:

I am sure we gonna see comic book Elena Belova and maybe more comic accurate black widow with more detail  too. 

One would think, right? But how many of us were sure we'd at least get a Mar-Vell with the Captain Marvel wave? I hope they don't pull another stunt like that. If we can get a MCU BW with Yelena swap head, Taskmaster (which is doubtful cuz he's a villain, hello 20 years wave) and a Red Guardian that would be just fine, as a new franchise there shouldn't be that many movie characters available. A comic Belova with Romanov swap head, a comic Winter Soldier, a comic Crimson Dynamo would be cool and well within reason in this wave. A BAF Ursa Major seems to be the favorite right now, but I'm cheering for a Titanium Man. Then again there's so many rumors about this movie there could be any number of characters. I've heard that Vanko, Sr. may be showing up, which would be a good indication for Dynamo, but I'm thinking more along the lines that he might be providing the technology for Iron Maiden. I'm actually getting more excited for this movie and as likeable as Johansson is as Natasha this movie could be the Marvel version of Wonder Woman that Captain Marvel shoulda been. I've got high hopes for this one.

1 hour ago, SpiderS said:

I am sure we gonna see comic book Elena Belova and maybe more comic accurate black widow with more detail  too. 

Yeah i agree with Monron, i have my doubts we will see a comic widow figure in an mcu widow wave.  Although i guess they did include Genis-vell in the Kree Sentry wave and that is sort of analagous to putting Elena in the wave so maybe?

I agree. MCU BW and Taskmaster are obvious inclusion since they are all over the promo. Getting a MCU Yelena and Red Guardian also seem like it will happen. If those 4 are in it I would be satisfied for MCU inclusions. Since they would have 2 females in the wave, the likelihood of us getting another would be low. 

As for comic figure, Crimson Dynamo (either regular or BAF) would be fine for me. Falcon and Winter Soldier would also be another inclusion but I kind of want them to leave them for a wave of their own and maybe we can get a US Agent, Classic Zemo and Shield Sharon Carter (with Maria Hill and Victoria Hand heads) in the same wave. Ursa Major is the fan favourite for the BAF and I like to think I made everybody think that since most didn't even know who he was LOL. 

Still crossing my fangers on 90s Black Widow in grey jumpsuit; think that would be an excellent comic version to slip into the wave.

Ursa Major as baf? Ummmm yes please 🙂 

And can't help but think that a classic comic version of Falcon, Zemo and Winter Soldier will come out around the time of the Disney + series.

Can't wait to see!

This looks interesting! Definitely excited, and I agree, I hope we get at least 4 MCU characters. 

36 minutes ago, leokearon said:

I could see this as a possible (wishful) wave

1. Movie Black Widow
2. Movie Taskmaster
3. Movie Yelena Belova
4. Movie Red Guardian
5. Crimson Dynamo
6. Nadia Van Dyne

BAF Ursa Major

Really love this line up. I guess we'll have to wait till Hasbro confirms the wave.

A Dmitri Bukharin Crimson Dynamo would be awesome, or maybe even a huge BAF Anton Vanko Dynamo. Or both??? Maybe I'm asking for too much, but I love me some Dynamo and I would be so hyped to see those figures.

Ursa Major would also be a pretty cool BAF, but I'm afraid Hasbro will pass on him since... well, the figure would literally just be a large bear. It would require a lot of unique tooling for a character that very few non-comic fans would be interested in. Don't get me wrong, bears are awesome and so is Ursa Major, I would love to see that figure. But I kinda doubt it's gonna happen? Hopefully they'll prove me wrong.

I definitely expect to see another comic Black Widow figure. Why are some people here claiming they don't include comic versions of the main character in movie waves? We got a comic Strange in the Doctor Strange movie wave and a comic Iron Man in the Infinity War movie wave. I am expecting to see a white repaint of the 90's Widow we got in the Toybiz-style vintage wave. It would be a very obvious repaint that would be guaranteed to make a lot of money. It's not exactly a figure I would be super excited about, but if they can save money on a certified cash maker and use the leftover money to make more original characters like Dynamo, I definitely think it's worth it.

A Titanium Man would be another character I'd love to see. I know he hardly has anything to do with Black Widow, but we probably won't get another Iron Man wave for quite some time, and he DID fight Dynamo once, so a Titanium Man wouldn't be too far-fetched imo. And it would just be such a sick looking figure. He could be another potential BAF, depending on how large they make him.

And a totally classic Heinrich Zemo to complement the Helmut Zemo we got in 2014? YES PLEASE! Or just an updated Helmut Zemo with his shoulder fur, that wouldn't be too bad either.

26 minutes ago, DylanRaven055 said:

This looks interesting! Definitely excited, and I agree, I hope we get at least 4 MCU characters. 

Really love this line up. I guess we'll have to wait till Hasbro confirms the wave.

Hopefully it will be like my wave or close enough 😄

16 minutes ago, WilsonFisk4President said:

A Dmitri Bukharin Crimson Dynamo would be awesome, or maybe even a huge BAF Anton Vanko Dynamo. Or both??? Maybe I'm asking for too much, but I love me some Dynamo and I would be so hyped to see those figures.

Ursa Major would also be a pretty cool BAF, but I'm afraid Hasbro will pass on him since... well, the figure would literally just be a large bear. It would require a lot of unique tooling for a character that very few non-comic fans would be interested in. Don't get me wrong, bears are awesome and so is Ursa Major, I would love to see that figure. But I kinda doubt it's gonna happen? Hopefully they'll prove me wrong.

I really want a Crimson Dynamo, I would prefer Bukharin but any would do at this point.

As for Ursa Major I think he will be done after all, we have Red Guaridan, then do Ursa Major BAF, then release Winter Guard box set

3 minutes ago, tarot said:

Also Ursa Major could be used for the Grizzly (which was why I suggested it in the first place.) 

But don't think Hasbro won't make it because of the unique sculpt and obscure nature. I mean just using the BAF for example, think of Warlock, Titus and Kree Sentry.

Space Venom was springs to mind, was any part of that reused.

This is very exciting, I had assumed we’d get a Black Widow wave, but this confirms it. I’m predicting we’ll definitely get MCU versions of Black Widow, Taskmaster, Red Guardian and Yelena Belova. Possibly even a white costume for Widow as per concept art. As for the comic half, maybe some Black Widow villains? Rose? Viper? Snapdragon? Maybe even another Serpent Society member. Crimson Dynamo BAF seems likely unless it’s a MCU BAF.

2 hours ago, WilsonFisk4President said:

I dunno, Hasbro likes to throw us those curve balls every once in a while. All one needs to do is look to Caliban, Titus and Kree Sentry for that. Personally, I would love a Titanium Man, but I think Ursa Major gets the slight edge for that very obscurity factor. As for him just being a bear, I was kinda thinking the same thing at first, but looking back at some of the comic art (particularly X-Men vs Avengers from the 80's) he is portrayed more as a standing bear rather with a few more human traits. I believe that was Marc Silvestri's portrayal and it seems to be the direction they've taken with him since.

I think an articulated bear is a win for everyone. If they must appeal to the “action” in action figures,  give him a missile backpack. 

Maybe a David Harbor Red Guardian can share Fat Thor’s buck. 

Also agree with those who think this will be a MCU/ Comic mixed set. I believe MCU only sets are our reward after a movie make a kagillion dollars 

17 minutes ago, McHogan said:

I think an articulated bear is a win for everyone. If they must appeal to the “action” in action figures,  give him a missile backpack.

For what it's worth, I don't collect MCU figures, but if a comic-based Ursa Major was the BAF for a largely movie-based figure wave, I would do what it took to make that bear mine.

3 hours ago, McHogan said:

Maybe a David Harbor Red Guardian can 0share Fat Thor’s buck.

Lol. That's messed up. At least he can act, unlike some "talent" under Marvel contract right now.

Anyway, you need to be careful. I'm pretty sure criticism of any celebrities is no longer tolerated on these forums.