Black Widow wave Confirmed?

tarot

8 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Yeah I totally agree. Obviously it somewhat depends on how much effort you’ve put into hunting, as Mako said, but I always chuckle when someone talks about “finally” finding a figure from a wave that hasn’t even hit shelves in a lot of places  hey,  I glad the collector found the figure they wanted but it comes across as a little melodramatic. No harm done though

also agree that x-force and retro didn’t really seem to hit stores until August, altho I think GameStop might have gotten some of them in a bit earlier 

Saying that it’s melodramatic to “finally” acquire a figure is a bit of a nit pick. Instead of understanding my point that brick and mortar stores are late to the game and hence can determine which figures pegwarm you focus on a arbitrary time frame of release to purchase. 

My choice of using the word “finally” was more in the vein that I was looking forward to certain figures since the announcement, not necessarily from when they started popping up in stores. So when I “finally “ bought the figure I was hoping to get since it was announced it had indeed been months.

33 minutes ago, McHogan said:

my point that brick and mortar stores are late to the game and hence can determine which figures pegwarm

I understand "pegwarming" as "left behind", in that case e-tailers also "pegwarm". So "finally" getting something with the only context of you pulling the trigger on Pulse instead of waiting... when it had just been a couple of weeks when they started rolling out... doesn't really bring your point across. 

I agree retailers get the figures out later than e-tailers most of the time and that's become problematic for the stores since a lot of the product they're trying to sell has been bought elsewhere before, therefore pegwarming. 

I also agree with the feeling of "finally" getting a figure with months between the announcement and my purchase, and can also understand why someone would chuckle at the thought from interpreting it as searching for a long time when it's only been available for few weeks or months worldwide. A bit of a "oh my sweet summer child, what do you know of the cold?" kind of feeling. 

ok I can see where my post has room for interpretation. Thank you Mako for understanding the spirit in which my original post was meant. You said it better than I did to express my point without taking every word so literally 

13 minutes ago, belmont13 said:

I'm not really looking forward to this movie, might be the first MCU movie I skip on the theaters but if it gets us some good comic figures I'm all for it.  Is there a  Russian comic/collectible/convention/expo where they might unveil this wave? Assuming we do get a wave of figures from this movie.

no. not yet. 

I wonder if they'll release a taller Tony Stark in the wave, given it's apparently just a cameo, but man, what I'd give for an in-scale RDJ figure, or even more Iron Man for the Hall of Armors that's still a work in progress...haha
I feel like there's a catch, I haven't been reading too much into her movie and what it entails and all the fan theories, but to make this one film and then probably be done, is it really just in it for the money?! Like I'm pretty sure it's gunna be dope, a great cast for sure, but is Black Widow really done? I wonder what door(s) this'll lead to!

1 hour ago, belmont13 said:

I'm not really looking forward to this movie, might be the first MCU movie I skip on the theaters but if it gets us some good comic figures I'm all for it.  Is there a  Russian comic/collectible/convention/expo where they might unveil this wave? Assuming we do get a wave of figures from this movie.

I'm with you, while i like ScarJo and her performance as BW  it feels like we've seen a bunch of other movies with ass-kicking female spies and i'm just not interested in a story set in between civil war and infinity war.   I wish this movie had come out shortly after the 1st avengers movie and that it was set in the present, rather than the past.  I'll still go see it but my expectations are low.  Doesn't help that i'm not pumped about Eternals either.  Wish the next film was either Doc Strange 2, Gotg 3 or Black Panther 2... but whatta you gonna do?? hopefully we get some cool action figures out of it, anyhow.

I have never being wowed by Johanson's performance as Black Widow add to it that I feel we have gotten enough exposure to her in the MCU. The only thing that interests me in this movie is probably Yelena Bolova and Red Guardian but as it is I have no desire to go see Black Widow do the same scissor takedown move she does in every movie. As for Eternals, I'll admit to not knowing a whole lot about them but the cast is good and the inclusion of Black Knight makes it interesting plus it's new material for the MCU that's always a plus for me. I'm hoping that the Eternals is a gateway to something bigger like using them to expand the cosmic side of Marvel. Between the two projects I'm more excited about Eternals than I am Black Widow, but Dr. Strange 2 is what I'm most excited about on the movie side.