JayC

Marvel Legends 6" New Mutants Walgreens Exclusive Dani Moonstar Figure Video Review And Images

1 hour ago, Benn said:

They did send you guys all the Emmas, though, as far as I can tell.

I only saw one Emma in Dublin and I got her. But no Jubilee or  Nightcrawler for the Irish

I was on the fence about whether to get two or three of these. I knew I wanted Karma and Dani, but my "collect everything" compulsions have been fighting my "but Wolfsbane never wore this and her hands don't really work with it" feelings. Ultimately, I settled on three, though, because it occurred to me that if they ever did a powered-up Magma figure and included a de-powered head, it'll likely be a lot harder to track another one of these down later. It's the perfect psychological compromise. They probably won't make a de-powered Magma head, so I get to collect everything while fooling myself into believing I have a good reason.

I'm hoping to get three of these figures, but I feel it's a very long shot because Emma has been hard to come by and seemingly, everyone that wants Dani wants at least 3 of them.

2 hours ago, Darth_Primus said:

I'm hoping to get three of these figures, but I feel it's a very long shot because Emma has been hard to come by and seemingly, everyone that wants Dani wants at least 3 of them.

don't give up :D! its still early and theyre just starting to spread

Yeah, feels like we are at that point where the figure is just showing up in pockets of the country and hasn't reached everywhere yet.  But i do think a lot of collectors buying 3 will make it more difficult to track down than some of the other exclusives.  Most of the time i've ended up getting WG exclusives off the website, then sometimes i'll see them afterwards in my local stores. Just gotta pay attention to social media 'cuz the online ordering is short and as with other retailer's sites they often end up taking more orders than they are prepared to fill.

14 hours ago, Darth_Primus said:

I seriously recommend putting your zip code in the Walgreens store locator on their website and just going down the list, calling each store (except the "pharmacy only" ones) until three of them have one on hold for you. Every fourth store is going to tell you they don't have it before you've even given them specific details. Of those, half of them can be talked into looking for you, and the other half will double down and claim they don't carry toys at all. Be prepared for calls to take between 3 and 20 minutes, with most lasting 5 to 10. Every fifth store will offer to take down your name and number and call you if one comes in, the others will claim such a practice is against Walgreens policies. I can't imagine giving them your number will ever yield results, but what could it hurt? Anyway, do this ASAP, and try it again on Monday and/or Tuesday, if necessary. I went out as far as page 3 on the store locator. Any store that's swimming in Magiks or Medusae, or Daredevils, or Namors likely just won't get any Danis, so don't take any 'no's to mean that nobody in your area has them. It couldn't hurt to tell them the box says "New Mutants" on it, as most people seem to latch on to that before they see her name. Good luck!

I drove around to at least 6 Walgreens in my area of CT and I was able to track down 3 Dani’s. One store had 2 and another had one waaay in the back on an inner shelf. Don’t give up!

I will get these. I just hope we get a decent Cannonball in the near future. I'm with those we are mighty disappointed about him not having any legs. And for Sunspot, I'd rather have him in his non-powered up state. I can always paint a second one black and sprinkle some white spots on it if I really want the powered up one.

Didnt really think I needed this figure till I saw the review, now my warlock baf is waiting for some companions.
Since I dont really care for this version of Wolfsbane I was thinking of just getting 2, but I might have to get 3 to put a Magik head on the third one (I think I can find a copy of the Magic head and would fit ok on this mold just would need a slight mod to the neck hole)

I was able to get one, but I doubt I'll fine 2 more plus I only wanted the figure for moonstar. Oh I got plans for some great photo ops for her. just wish her hand was made to hold arrow like pink ranger. 

The Walgreens exclusive Marvel Legends Series Dani Moonstar figure is now available online.

thanks for the heads up, ordered one. hopefully got my order in quickly enough so that there aren't any problems. we'll see!

I wish they were as heavily ordered as Namor or Medusa. This figure can be made into so many customs. Basically every female xmen ever.

Wasn't able to add to my cart online. Found 2 stores in my town that supposedly had them in stock, went to both and found nothing but multiples of Superior Iron Man at both. 

7 hours ago, Reno said:

Wasn't able to add to my cart online. Found 2 stores in my town that supposedly had them in stock, went to both and found nothing but multiples of Superior Iron Man at both. 

I feel like when the website indicates something is in stock it either refers to Marvel Legends generally or exclusives generally, but not to how many of a specific figure they have. I dunno, that just seems to be what i've heard from others who've tried to use the "find a nearby store that has it" option online.  Probably better to call even though its awkward.

And yeah this one seemed to sell out fast. I ordered about 5 minutes after Jay's post, posted about its availability on IG and about 13 minutes later someone told me it was sold out.  So assuming Jay was right on top of things, this was probably up for 1/2 hour or less. (I could be wrong)

Haven't seen these, or Emma, anywhere in my area. At this point in their release, that generally means they ain't gonna show.

Normally, I'd just swallow my pride and fork over the usual 30 bucks a piece you usually pay on Ebay . . . but the Ebay blood-suckers* are really cranking up the price on the New Mutants. F-you blood-suckers, F-you.

* . . . and I don't mean "Blood"

4 hours ago, mako said:

Haven't seen these, or Emma, anywhere in my area. At this point in their release, that generally means they ain't gonna show.

Normally, I'd just swallow my pride and fork over the usual 30 bucks a piece you usually pay on Ebay . . . but the Ebay blood-suckers* are really cranking up the price on the New Mutants. F-you blood-suckers, F-you.

I missed my shot online too. It was in my cart one second, then the next it was removed. I did manage to track ONE down at a store that was showing to have "9 or more". It was stashed behind some other toys. Guess my local scalper douche that's always one step ahead of me (I assume cuz he has no real job) either ran out of money or decided to buy a bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos and a tub of butter to tide him over till 3rd Lunch. Yes, he fits that EXACT stereotype.

the-comic-book-guy--001.jpg

8 hours ago, mako said:

* . . . and I don't mean "Blood"

Well then, my friend, isn't it just dandy that you have a buddy from the less PC, less sensitive, less censored good ole days of Marvelous News forums who can hook you up with both of those problems? PM me when you get a chance. There will be no swallowing for you this day. Unless you count shipping.

20191023_172517.jpg

I hate Walgreens exclusives. Of course that is who they'd do an exclusive with that I'd want multiples of. I'm going to continue to wait it out a little bit and hope that the ones on ebay don't actually increase in price. $35-40 I'd be willing to do if I had to, but I don't want to have to go any higher than that because I waited too long. I'm hoping that these start showing up more so the price actually comes down online if I can't find any in the wild.

I hate Walgreens exclusives. Of course that is who they'd do an exclusive with that I'd want multiples of. I'm going to continue to wait it out a little bit and hope that the ones on ebay don't actually increase in price. $35-40 I'd be willing to do if I had to, but I don't want to have to go any higher than that because I waited too long. I'm hoping that these start showing up more so the price actually comes down online if I can't find any in the wild.

Got shipping notice today so hopefully my Dani will arrive soon (only ordered 1).  Definitely would've missed out entirely  if i hadn't spotted Jay's announcement on this site about 1 minute after he posted it, so thanks again marvelousnews.com!!!

If hasbro is really going for an X-men movie anniversary themed wave next year,
I hope they will follow that trend (like the quantum suits) and give us many heads with common suit/body!
I can see that with Cyclops, Wolverine, Iceman for the males and Jean, Storm and Rogue for the women!