Jump to content
AnotherPunkChef

MCU Legends we still need...

Recommended Posts

On 9/19/2019 at 9:03 PM, McHogan said:

Oh also Obadiah Stane. Got to have representation from the first MCU baddie

"Tony Stark built one . . . in a CAVE . . . WITH A BOX OF SPARE PARTS!!!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wong and the Ancient One are figures we need.   I definitely want a Wong figure because I need that Asian representation on my shelf.  And speaking of which, Hogun and the rest of the Warriors Three would be nice.

Zombie Iron Stark in Far From Home would be pretty cool.

I wouldn't say we need the following figures, but I would like foe fodder for my figures to beat down.  So some Chitauri, Outriders, non-Prime Ultron figs, generic soldiers and street thugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:10 PM, AnotherPunkChef said:

Hopefully we'll get some of these if they continue the "First Ten Years" line, it's kindof a laundry list so bear with me:

 

 

 

 

Also they need to continue the 80 years. We should get a REAL classic Ant-Man. The so-called vintage one was not him; it was the villain with different colours. If they make him with a removable helmet the way they did the toybiz version, great, but he does need to get done.  Sticking to MCU, they should re-do the first Iron Man armor....while I wildly prefer the model from the first Avengers movie, I don't see how they can do a "10 years" line without the figure that started it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2019 at 8:21 PM, Darth_Primus said:

Wong and the Ancient One are figures we need.   I definitely want a Wong figure because I need that Asian representation on my shelf.  And speaking of which, Hogun and the rest of the Warriors Three would be nice.

Zombie Iron Stark in Far From Home would be pretty cool.

I wouldn't say we need the following figures, but I would like foe fodder for my figures to beat down.  So some Chitauri, Outriders, non-Prime Ultron figs, generic soldiers and street thugs.

Yeah we need more army builders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2019 at 1:13 AM, AnotherPunkChef said:

They did an Iron Monger non legend for the toy line that has his likeness, and Quicksilver got a basic figure, I think Hasbro just has too much to do with so many MCU movies coming out so fast, trying to keep up with what's new. 

The thing that really irks me with those Iron Man Iron Monger figures is that the scale is way off. I went ahead and found an old 1:18 Iron Man from Hasbro's 2008 Iron Man line to display with that "1:12" Iron Monger. Much better scale, but I'd really like a properly scaled 1:12 to go with the rest of my MCU Legends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 10:10 PM, AnotherPunkChef said:

Hopefully we'll get some of these if they continue the "First Ten Years" line, it's kindof a laundry list so bear with me:

Happy Hogan (Iron Man)

Odin (Thor)

Warrior Three Boxed Set (Thor)

Whiplash (Iron Man 2)

Justin Hammer (Iron Man 2)

Arnim Zola (Captain America)

Howling Commandos Boxed Set (Captain America)

Chitauri (re-release, Avengers)

Killian (Iron Man 3)

Malekith (Thor: Dark World)

Batroc the Leaper (Captain America: Winter Soldier)

Kraglin (GotG)

Howard the Duck (GotG)

Quicksilver (Age of Ultron)

Wong (Doctor Strange)

Kaecilius (Doctor Strange)

The Ancient One (Doctor Strange)

Taser Face (GotG Vol.2)

Aunt May (Spider-Man: Homecoming)

Miek (Thor: Ragnarock)

Hank Pym (Ant Man & Wasp)

Janet Van Dyne (Ant Man & Wasp)

and of course STAN LEE

I know most of these would only appeal to hardcore MCU nutjobs like myself, but it seems like with MJ and Luis both getting Legends treatments, anything is possible. What say you, are there any I missed?

 

 

 

 

Hold on. I didn't realize Hasbro released a Chitauri figure for the first Avengers film. Or does your note of a "re-release" refer to the 1:18 Chitauri?

 

My list comprises:

  • Happy Hogan (Iron Man)
  • Whiplash Mk 2 (Iron Man 2)
  • Justin Hammer (Iron Man 2)
  • Aldrich Killian (Iron Man 3)
  • Batroc (Captain America: The Winter Soldier)
  • Scarlet Witch (Avengers: Age of Ultron)
  • Quicksilver (Avengers: Age of Ultron)
  • Miek (Thor: Ragnarok)
  • Cornell Stokes (Luke Cage)
  • Willis Stryker (Luke Cage)
  • Bushmaster (Luke Cage)
  • Kilgrave (Jessica Jones)
  • Daredevil in Vigilante Costume (Daredevil)
  • Kingpin (Daredevil)
  • Bullseye (Daredevil)

 

Batroc has been a pipe dream for me ever since I bought the Winter Soldier Stealth Suit Cap. Miek is only on that list now that "Bro Thor" and Korg are both available. I'd love to display those three figures gaming on a couch.

That Diamond Select Westworld figure of Anthony Hopkins' character has an amazing Anthony Hopkins headsculpt. I've often hoped a customizer could get his or her hands on it and make an amazing custom MCU Odin.

Speaking of headsculpts to use for customs, I've also thought the headsculpt of the DC Multiverse Shazam! villain, Dr. Sivana (played by Mark Strong), could make a great head for a custom Dr. Erskine from Captain America: The First Avenger. Dr. Erskine was played by Stanley Tucci, who looks a lot like Mark Strong.

I realize any hope held out for the release of any Netflix show characters is probably in vain, but I really love the figures that came out with the Man-Thing BAF Wave and the SDCC 2018 exclusive set. It'd be awesome to display them with their corresponding villains.

Edited by BooyakabungaBuzz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BooyakabungaBuzz said:

Hold on. I didn't realize Hasbro released a Chitauri figure for the first Avengers film. Or does your note of a "re-release" refer to the 1:18 Chitauri?

 

My list comprises:

  • Happy Hogan (Iron Man)
  • Whiplash Mk 2 (Iron Man 2)
  • Justin Hammer (Iron Man 2)
  • Aldrich Killian (Iron Man 3)
  • Batroc (Captain America: The Winter Soldier)
  • Scarlet Witch (Avengers: Age of Ultron)
  • Quicksilver (Avengers: Age of Ultron)
  • Miek (Thor: Ragnarok)
  • Cornell Stokes (Luke Cage)
  • Willis Stryker (Luke Cage)
  • Bushmaster (Luke Cage)
  • Kilgrave (Jessica Jones)
  • Daredevil in Vigilante Costume (Daredevil)
  • Kingpin (Daredevil)
  • Bullseye (Daredevil)

 

Batroc has been a pipe dream for me ever since I bought the Winter Soldier Stealth Suit Cap. Miek is only on that list now that "Bro Thor" and Korg are both available. I'd love to display those three figures gaming on a couch.

That Diamond Select Westworld figure of Anthony Hopkins' character has an amazing Anthony Hopkins headsculpt. I've often hoped a customizer could get his or her hands on it and make an amazing custom MCU Odin.

Speaking of headsculpts to use for customs, I've also thought the headsculpt of the DC Multiverse Shazam! villain, Dr. Sivana (played by Mark Strong), could make a great head for a custom Dr. Erskine from Captain America: The First Avenger. Dr. Erskine was played by Stanley Tucci, who looks a lot like Mark Strong.

I realize any hope held out for the release of any Netflix show characters is probably in vain, but I really love the figures that came out with the Man-Thing BAF Wave and the SDCC 2018 exclusive set. It'd be awesome to display them with their corresponding villains.

The Chitauri figure was a Walmart exclusive that came out in 2012, they did Loki and the 5 dude Avengers (the Bro Thor series Cap is a rerelease from that series). And I didn't include any Netflix characters because we won't even get a full release (giggity) Iron Fist...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BooyakabungaBuzz said:

I knew they released a 1:18 Chitauri back then; I've never seen the 1:12 figure.

Very hard to find now, there was also a Marvel Select release

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

The Chitauri figure was a Walmart exclusive that came out in 2012, they did Loki and the 5 dude Avengers (the Bro Thor series Cap is a rerelease from that series). And I didn't include any Netflix characters because we won't even get a full release (giggity) Iron Fist...

Are you sure? I'm 90% certain there hasn't been a 1:12 Chitauri... well the basic one from this year, but back in 2012... it doesn't exist 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, memocromatico said:

Are you sure? I'm 90% certain there hasn't been a 1:12 Chitauri... well the basic one from this year, but back in 2012... it doesn't exist 😕

Ok, upon further research, you are correct, there was no Chitauri 1:12, what I saw was a basic figure in 1:18, my mistake everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man. This is the topic I was hoping to find on this forum. First post so hello everyone! MCU only collector here. Glad to see this topic exists. I’ve posted about it a few other places, and it never gets much traction, due to most people preferring comic I’m guessing (which is fine of course, to each their own!)  I just finished the Bro Thor wave, and only have a handful of stragglers In my backlog to get. My collection would love the previously posted villains we’ve yet to get in figure form, as well as figures like Odin, the Warriors Three, an AoS Quake and Ghost Rider, A wider release Netflix Iron Fist (green jacket version), Colleen, and a Misty Knight, and of course, Quicksilver. My main wants for Hasbro to complete actually come from Endgame. I have a whole shelf dedicated to Infinity War/Endgame, and there are some glaring admissions. A Final Battle Thor is very much needed, and it could be packed with a Final Battle Jumpsuit Hulk. An Iron Man Mk 85 with an energy blade, the lightning backpack, a clear blue shield, infinity stone hand, and an RDJ head would be an amazing swan song to MCU Iron Man, packed with a Final Battle Thanos with a new left arm, removable helmet, and updated sword. A Chitauri and Outrider 2-pack would be great If not essential for building up Thanos’ army. Aside from those figures, you could almost make an Endgame wave 4 with the other figures essential to a complete final battle. Final Battle looks for Captain Marvel, Rocket, and Nebula, along with Wong and MIEK (such a love for this guy and his design, I really hoped he’d be announced by now.) the 6th figure could be Kraglin with a Howard the Duck pack-in. Now, I know most, if not all these figures or ideas won’t happen. I’m sure they want to wait for Thor 4, Strange 2, and GOTG 3 for Miek, Wong, and Kraglin, as much as I don’t want to wait 2-3 years for those guys, but man a guy can dream

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2019 at 4:50 PM, BooyakabungaBuzz said:

"Bro Thor"

 

On 10/15/2019 at 12:23 AM, AnotherPunkChef said:

Bro Thor

 

11 hours ago, 51alexp said:

Bro Thor

This has been confusing me for a while now. Where did this nickname come from? "Bro" Thor makes me think he's gotta be rocking a pink Polo shirt with a popped collar (or several), some khaki shorts, and a pair of Birkenstocks. When has that word ever been used to describe a burned-out slacker? "Thorbowski" computes for me, and "Dude" Thor would make sense for similar reasons, but I feel like I'm missing something with "Bro" Thor. Am I not catching a reference or something? Or are the kids just using the word differently these days, like when "emo" was co-opted to describe goths? Important questions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Benn said:

 

 

This has been confusing me for a while now. Where did this nickname come from? "Bro" Thor makes me think he's gotta be rocking a pink Polo shirt with a popped collar (or several), some khaki shorts, and a pair of Birkenstocks. When has that word ever been used to describe a burned-out slacker? "Thorbowski" computes for me, and "Dude" Thor would make sense for similar reasons, but I feel like I'm missing something with "Bro" Thor. Am I not catching a reference or something? Or are the kids just using the word differently these days, like when "emo" was co-opted to describe goths? Important questions!

This was exactly my line of thought when the figure was unveiled at SDCC.

I'd been referring to that depiction of Thor as "Fat Thor," which I thought was direct and concise enough. I definitely agree that the Big Lebowski references and any derivative of the name "Lebowski" are far more applicable than "bro" (which to me, like in your case, mentally conjures negatively-associated images of the entitled, American, "frat" stereotype).

I have a feeling it's a case of the latter from your list of possibilities (a generational re-purposing of an existing word that contradicts or negates the existing meaning and associations). I've just been presuming since SDCC that Hasbro was making an effort to distance themselves from The Big Lebowski for legal reasons.

Maybe Hasbro was considering "Bro" as an interchangeable term for "Dude"? Like how a budget-brand version of  "Frosted Flakes" might be called "Sugar-Coated Corn Flakes"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id like to see hasbro's take on black pants ragnarok/infinity war hulk I guess a different head for smart hulk would do, but it is a different face than what we got

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE