Thank You and Goodbye!

Dodge76

Dear Dwight Stall and Hasbro Team if you guys see this,

Thank You for your Hard Work on this line. I love the figures and will treasure them for a long time to come. Thank You for focusing on finishing the Jim Lee X-Men this year. This is my favorite and must have X-Men team of all time. Thank You for doing Comic Hulk! I love this guy. Also love the Classic Thor and Iron Man you guys did as well. Thank You for the Spiderman line and knocking out those characters as well the way you guys have. I love how Kingpin came out! Sadly I have to say is that I am done collecting these great figures after I get the Love Triangle 3 Pack and Havok and Polaris 2 Pack. I am moving on to other things. Thank you for your honesty Dwight in saying that you guys do not plan to redo another Banshee figure in a a Youtube interview in the Canada Toy Show. I was dissapointed but am happy with your honesty so I know not to continue to keep an eye out for this.

Thank You Jay C for this community! It was pretty great in coming here when I started to collect this line in 2011 with the 3.75 inch Marvel Universe line. Great memories in collecting those and visiting here for news on these figures. The people I met here in those days were awesome and fun to discuss my hobby with. Then I moved on to the Return of Marvel Legends line and to what it is now. I loved how you covered the Con shows. I will miss this site. I just wanted to show my appreciation before I disappear from this site and show appreciation to Hasbro as well. This chapter in my life in collecting these toys is now at its conclusion. I wish everyone well.

Dave

11 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Sad bro, sad , but why call it quits?

Money Reasons and I mostly got what I was trying to focus on when I started. I never really intended to collect this long and got off target grabbing other figures. I need to focus on saving for other things so I got to walk away and also from here as well so I don't get swept into another frenzy of wanting to grab more. I need a new truck soon so thats the main factor.

1 hour ago, Dodge76 said:

Money Reasons and I mostly got what I was trying to focus on when I started. I never really intended to collect this long and got off target grabbing other figures. I need to focus on saving for other things so I got to walk away and also from here as well so I don't get swept into another frenzy of wanting to grab more. I need a new truck soon so thats the main factor.

So Being a Real Grown Up caught up with you *sigh*  my condolences , but at least you can say you climbed to the top of the Legends mountain and are happy where you stuck your flag

My wife would love me to call it quits and say goodbye.

For me, I can't quit now, as Marvel Legends has continually improved on a good amount of their figures.   The MCU photo real technology is better than before.  Some of the female characters are getting double jointed elbows.

I don't see myself quitting any time soon, but I may start cherry picking figures and not worry about the BAF.   

4 hours ago, Atlantis said:

No Banshee? I hadn't seen this interview but if that's true, its a major blow. And quite ridiculous. How do you do Shatterstar  or ANY of the X-Force guys and NOT do Banshee??

I tracked down the video, because I also had a hard time believing this, and it's not really what they said. It's pretty clear Dwight Stall is not excited about doing a new Banshee, but his response came across to me as "I don't want to do it, but I get that I'll have to at some point". Toad is another hotly anticipated figure who they cautioned might take a while, though they explained that the problem there was just the cost of a relatively unique, low-reusability sculpt.

49 minutes ago, Benn said:

I tracked down the video, because I also had a hard time believing this, and it's not really what they said. It's pretty clear Dwight Stall is not excited about doing a new Banshee, but his response came across to me as "I don't want to do it, but I get that I'll have to at some point". Toad is another hotly anticipated figure who they cautioned might take a while, though they explained that the problem there was just the cost of a relatively unique, low-reusability sculpt.

Re-usability is a big part of Hasbro, Toad I can see having problems with, but that reason wouldn't fly with Banshee.  

8 hours ago, Atlantis said:

No Banshee? I hadn't seen this interview but if that's true, its a major blow. And quite ridiculous. How do you do Shatterstar  or ANY of the X-Force guys and NOT do Banshee??

Yeah.......Rewatching it again, it was said in a joking manner. So I guess he might still be on the table. I don't get much sleep with my job so I don't catch on really quick. Either way I am done with Legends. If they do redo him within the next year then I might pick him up. That and Longshot is all I really want out of Legends for X-Men if they do them. Not really a big deal.

18 hours ago, Starlord67 said:

Wow...sorry to see you go but completely understand! I have scaled back considerably and I feel once my GS X-men display is complete with Storm and Thunderbird....Ill be done as well. No new Banshee is a disappointing pill to swallow but it is what it is. 

Best of luck and God Bless.

I rewatched the video and I think he said he was not doing him in a joking matter so I don't know lol. Like I said I don't get much sleep. Plus that Nope or Dope or Hope game they were playing was kinda confusing.

23 hours ago, Darth_Primus said:

My wife would love me to call it quits and say goodbye.

For me, I can't quit now, as Marvel Legends has continually improved on a good amount of their figures.   The MCU photo real technology is better than before.  Some of the female characters are getting double jointed elbows.

I don't see myself quitting any time soon, but I may start cherry picking figures and not worry about the BAF.   

Thats great! All I was after was the Comic Figures. Movie Figures were supposed to be a pass but ended up picking those up as well.

12 hours ago, Benn said:

Yes I too tracked down that video and I'm glad you, Dodge and others were talking about it in the first place. Big news to me. But from what I saw, and what we have already seen done during the Hasbro license (not to mention fan demand) , despite his reluctance Banshee is still gonna get done. There are too many body bucks to choose from for re-use that would fit Banshee just fine, we already know they can do soft goods for his wing panels ("vintage" Storm in white outfit), collars aren't an issue (Namor, Tombstone), and HELLO they just did a screaming head (Black Bolt).

I have the original Banshee. Yeah, it looked wonky even back then. By today's standards its a joke. Aye, but 'twas a good effort boyo, and when they release the updated figure (upc's just around the corner, ya'll) they'll say, faith and begorra,  just how far they've come.

I have some people on my ignore list so I don't see their posts. I agree with you Atlantis, they have the parts and easily can be done. I feel we should get a Syrin soon for classic X-Force. She can easily be done as well. Now that I think about it, he may just have been joking and acting like he is not looking forward to it.

• 3 weeks later...

You have my deepest respect.  As a fellow toy collector, I know how we often splurge on our favorite toys and forget that as a hobby it sometimes need a bit of restraint.  Though the "compulsion" is near addction, this act reminds us to focus on prioritizing on what matters most in our lives.  Its the adult thing to do. Good luck on your endeavors.  But never say never. Situations change and there are still a lot of toys to get along the way.  Hope to see you back in the future!

Hasbro better do Banshee with an alternate "non" screaming head, that's all I know. As for the hobby, for me it's relatively affordable as I don't collect any other toyline but ML & don't collect the MCU figs nor do I get entire waves just for the BAF as many of their BAFs have been of characters I don't give 2 twigs about such as Spi/der or Tony the space Tiger or happy meal looking Kree Sentry for example. I pretty much cherry pick just the comic based characters & only those I care about. It's almost the end of Oct & so far in 2019, I may have bought just 20 or so comic based ML figures. I just got JL Beast this past weekend at a toy show for $30 which was the max I would pay for him. I pre-ordered the AF boxset & just need Forge & Jessica Drew Spiderwoman to finish up my 2019 ML comic based wants, so under 30 figures bought this yr. Looking at what's coming out so far in 2020 that is comic book based, I'm only getting Dr Doom, Shang Chi, classic Vulture & Warpath.

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 11:48 PM, Dodge76 said:

I have some people on my ignore list so I don't see their posts. I agree with you Atlantis, they have the parts and easily can be done. I feel we should get a Syrin soon for classic X-Force. She can easily be done as well. Now that I think about it, he may just have been joking and acting like he is not looking forward to it.

They can easily do her, Banshee in his original green/yellow outfit and also in the blue/gold variant. Toss in some alternate heads, fists and effects and youre there.