Phasing Vision Captain America Civil War Marvel Legends 6" Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

Today I take a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" Captain America: Civil War Phasing Vision figure from Hasbro. This figure is part of the BroThor Build-A-Figure wave. You can purchase this figure at Megalopolis.Toys.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel-Legends-Phasing-Vision01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Phasing-Vision02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Phasing-Vision03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Phasing-Vision04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Phasing-Vision05.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Phasing-Vision06.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Phasing-Vision07.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Phasing-Vision08.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Phasing-Vision09.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Phasing-Vision10.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Phasing-Vision11.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Phasing-Vision12.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Phasing-Vision13.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Phasing-Vision14.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Phasing-Vision15.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Phasing-Vision16.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Phasing-Vision17.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Phasing-Vision18.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Phasing-Vision19.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Phasing-Vision20.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Phasing-Vision21.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Phasing-Vision22.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Phasing-Vision23.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Phasing-Vision24.jpg

Honestly, I’m fine with getting another Vision, so I can throw him in my Civil War display. Now all we need is CW Hawkeye and Black Widow. Also, I don’t recall Vision ever going fully transparent in the movies, so this figure seems pretty accurate in that sense. With that said, an alt head with a mind stone effect would have been cool.

I'm kinda surprised that i'm not more enthusiastic about getting this figure, maybe 'cuz he's dead, i dunno.  just based on these pics i think this looks a bit better than the 2-pack version (which i don't have either).  But man, a few years ago an mcu vision was one of my most-wanted figures and now that he's here i'm just not that pumped up about him.  while endgame was pretty stuffed feels like vision should've been brought back especially since they seemed to be going in that direction at the end of Infinity war. Stark  & Banner should've been able to pick up where Shuri left off.

This is a weak repeat of an already disappointing figure. The sculpt looked good on the previous one but he was about 10% too short. Paul Betany stands around 6'5" and even in the movies Viz stands eye to eye with Thor. This long awaited, long demanded figure is barely taller than his much smaller female counterpart and it was just a huge bummer. But oh well, I want Bro Thor (stupid name BTW) and I'll hafta buy it again. The great news is Heimdall will suffer from the same issue, so they can suck together. At least we get to buy the exact same War Machine with a somewhat movie accurate paint job and an antique Cap to finish the BAF, so we got that going for us. This is as mailed in an effort I've seen since the BP 2nd wave. I guess Power Rangers and Overwatch are getting all the love from Hasbro these days. One's gotta wonder if someone at Marvel is seeing this. It's about time they step in and put the fear of Allmighty Disney into their hearts. Anyone got the number to McFarlane Toys?

I am usually a sucker for translucent or semi-translucent, but looking at this figure it screams ugly to me, it looks cheap, as someone mentioned it looks like it could be a bootleg, Vision has some weird eye thing going on here, I never really cared about owning a MCU Vision and I still don't after seeing this , Vintage Vision is the one for me

59 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I am usually a sucker for translucent or semi-translucent, but looking at this figure it screams ugly to me, it looks cheap, as someone mentioned it looks like it could be a bootleg, Vision has some weird eye thing going on here, I never really cared about owning a MCU Vision and I still don't after seeing this , Vintage Vision is the one for me

Yes, yes, and Yes! And clearly you can tell I'M A VISION FAN. Love the guy, always have, and I'm definitely down for translucent figures (need Invisible Woman and Wonder Man done right!) but this thing looks like some cheap kids toy monster and frankly, isn't even all that translucent. I don't pass on Vision figures....but this one wont be in my collection.

Translucent Equinox...bring it on!

43 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Yes, yes, and Yes! And clearly you can tell I'M A VISION FAN. Love the guy, always have, and I'm definitely down for translucent figures (need Invisible Woman and Wonder Man done right!) but this thing looks like some cheap kids toy monster and frankly, isn't even all that translucent. I don't pass on Vision figures....but this one wont be in my collection.

Off topic, but today my local WM had a case of Ghostbusters-themed WWE figures --  they had an Undertaker in translucent purple that i thought screamed out to be turned into ionic form Wonder Man.  But personally i just want red safari jacket Simon

8 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

I'm kinda surprised that i'm not more enthusiastic about getting this figure, maybe 'cuz he's dead, i dunno.  just based on these pics i think this looks a bit better than the 2-pack version (which i don't have either).  But man, a few years ago an mcu vision was one of my most-wanted figures and now that he's here i'm just not that pumped up about him.  while endgame was pretty stuffed feels like vision should've been brought back especially since they seemed to be going in that direction at the end of Infinity war. Stark  & Banner should've been able to pick up where Shuri left off.

I didn't care for the MCU version but I have the original figure. The blah colouring makes no sense, the weird segments on his face, the silly expression, and what on earth is up with that cape...bad enough it doesn't have his signature collar, but it has these pink stripes through it?? But that's not Hasbro's fault; their figure is an accurate depiction of the  movie character. This version is even less attention worthy ( I too feel the Vision got crappy treatment in the movie, and no way should he have been so easily taken out, and no way they couldn't have repaired him).

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

Off topic, but today my local WM had a case of Ghostbusters-themed WWE figures --  they had an Undertaker in translucent purple that i thought screamed out to be turned into ionic form Wonder Man.  But personally i just want red safari jacket Simon

He wore that for so long, I'd be surprised if Hasbro didn't give us that figure. But I also want the ionic form and of course, the green & red original.

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Speaking of Vision being Translucent , I think we deserve to see a re-release of the Target Exclusive 3-pack Clear White Vision, Because that to me was beautiful and I never got it, they just need to give it a bit more clear and it's a must have

Since, I have the initial non-phasing Vision, I'm glad this release is a bit different from the one I have.  I wish he was taller though.

I think it would be cool if this figure would be able to detach easily form the waist or from the wrist to create a phasing through objects effect.   Like walking through walls or sticking his arm through Ultron.   I'll probably try and do as much whenever I get this figure. 

On 9/23/2019 at 10:03 AM, monron999 said:

Paul Betany stands around 6'5" and even in the movies Viz stands eye to eye with Thor. This long awaited, long demanded figure is barely taller than his much smaller female counterpart and it was just a huge bummer. But oh well, I want Bro Thor (stupid name BTW) and I'll hafta buy it again. The great news is Heimdall will suffer from the same issue, so they can suck together.

I think the issue here is not necessarily that Heimdall and Vision are too small, but that Thor is way too big. The only ML character I’ve seen accurately measure up to him was Hela, who was also massive. Maybe Thanos too, but his scale is a little harder to judge.

2 hours ago, Ironspider428 said:

I think the issue here is not necessarily that Heimdall and Vision are too small, but that Thor is way too big. The only ML character I’ve seen accurately measure up to him was Hela, who was also massive. Maybe Thanos too, but his scale is a little harder to judge.

I'll give you that Thor is probably too big, but I also not concede that Vision is too short. I'm not basing it so much on his comparison to Thor so much as he compares to Scarlet Witch. If you have the SW from the 2 pack, which is the exact same one that was in the Abomination wave, when you stand them side by side he's barely noticeably taller. And Swiss not off. She scales well with Black Widow and pretty much all the other Avengers. This Vision is just bad. In more ways than one.

12 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I'll give you that Thor is probably too big, but I also not concede that Vision is too short. I'm not basing it so much on his comparison to Thor so much as he compares to Scarlet Witch. If you have the SW from the 2 pack, which is the exact same one that was in the Abomination wave, when you stand them side by side he's barely noticeably taller. And Swiss not off. She scales well with Black Widow and pretty much all the other Avengers. This Vision is just bad. In more ways than one.

I'd add that not only is it bad, it's pretty boring. No accessories, no significant difference from the original 2pack version, no different facial expression or even the same amount of accessories as the original... nothing but the need to buy it for the BAF. We can complain about everything on every other figure of the wave, but at least they're an upgrade (slight as it may be), or new characters. This isn't either. 

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:44 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Speaking of Vision being Translucent , I think we deserve to see a re-release of the Target Exclusive 3-pack Clear White Vision, Because that to me was beautiful and I never got it, they just need to give it a bit more clear and it's a must have

I do have it, and its a nice figure, but desperately needs a better cape. For some reason some idiot thought a spatula ( that's what it reminds me of) could be a cape; narrow piece from the neck down that you can wrap your hand around like a magic marker and widening to form a big flat scooper....

On 9/24/2019 at 3:12 PM, monron999 said:

I just compared them. You have a point. He should probably be around Iron Man’s height, I guess. Luckily, it’s not really noticeable when you have him hovering or flying, like I’d assume most people do.