Sign in to follow this  
JayC

Marvel Legends Punisher War Machine Found At Retail

While the figure has been rumored for sometime, we had know idea it was already going to start hitting shelves now, being it hasn't even been officially been announced by Hasbro. Cincy Nerdman found this figure at his local Gamestop. This should be a Fan Channel exclusive available everywhere that has carried the other Fan Channel exclusives, but if you want it right away might want to check your local Gamestop.

Punisher-War-Machine-Marvel-Legends.jpg

I called my local Gamestop and expect to have it in stock pretty soon.

It looks to be the Civil War War Machine. I also think this is the last of the rumour list except the Vintage Deadpool figure to be revealed.

8 minutes ago, tarot said:

It looks to be the Civil War War Machine. I also think this is the last of the rumour list except the Vintage Deadpool figure to be revealed.

Yep.

I was just about to show you guys this but JayC of course with the ultimate hand on the pulse, figure looks amazing as I expected and I had actually been wondering when this was going to see the light of day, sad I now need 3 War Machines in one year, but hey looks awesome and I play Future Fight (which is where this look came from)

It also seems to be based on the armor that appears on the cover of #218.

219.jpg

3 minutes ago, michiganjfrog said:

I saw this all over reddit! I couldn't believe it snuck up on everyone like that

You already read it on reddit?

This looks pretty cool! I'm not planning on getting it... but it looks really amazing!

4 minutes ago, michiganjfrog said:

I saw this all over reddit! I couldn't believe it snuck up on everyone like that

Well it didn't really sneak up. We knew it was coming for sometime. As for it showing up at Gamestop before it was even officially announced, I'm told Gamestop wasn't supposed to have released it already but just like that Grey Hulk thats how it seems to go more and more often.

So would this be considered a comic based figure or a fan service MCU War Punisher figure ?? Im still going to collect and claim it to be MCU anyway but just curious as to what everyone else thinks.

5 minutes ago, MCU_Legend_Hunter said:

So would this be considered a comic based figure or a fan service MCU War Punisher figure ?? Im still going to collect and claim it to be MCU anyway but just curious as to what everyone else thinks.

Technically I believe its billed as a video game based figure.

Out of package image from Cincy

70817229_693631077782380_2487824574591270912_n.jpg

He looks nice! Might really have to get this one, since I don't have any of the previous War Machines from the MCU. Kinda like this, figures popping up randomly and "unannounced". Spices things a bit.

This look was drawn so inconsistently that I don't mind they used the War Machine MK III as the base, but I think the MK II would've been a better choice since that was one of the looks this armor took (not only in-story but in covers, like the one JayC posted above). But like I said, it was so inconsistent I don't mind the use of the MK III since it's a better figure than the MK II. Additionally, Future Fight adapted this armor using War Machine's MK III skin as the base, so maybe they're trying to recreate that look. However, the skull decal is different than in Future Fight, plus the game's logo isn't anywhere in the package (unlike the Punisher War Machine helmet).

All in all, it's a neat repaint. It only irks me slightly that this figure is going to be much easier and cheaper to find than the original MK III release.

WHAT? Who? Why wasn't I told about this? This is an outrage. Anyway this is a great looking figure. Not at the top of my list but I'm sure there are plenty of folks who want this fig. Thanks for the heads up.

How are they going to make Punisher War Machine before a classic, iconic, comic War Machine?! UGhhhhh 🙂

19 minutes ago, RAMCAT said:

How are they going to make Punisher War Machine before a classic, iconic, comic War Machine?! UGhhhhh 🙂

They aren't going to make it, they already did.

58 minutes ago, RAMCAT said:

These Fan Channel Exclusives are nothing but repaints. They couldn't do an accurate comic War Machine as a repaint.

13 minutes ago, Batbishop said:

You’d think hasbro would have announced this by now.

My guess they were waiting until next weeks NYCC but Gamestop jumped the gun by releasing it early.

4 minutes ago, Inspection12e said:

Comic wise its based on this cover. But I believe that cover is based on the video game version which is different from the one in the actual comic stories. Not that it really matters that much. Its a repainted movie figure made to look like a comic/video game based figure.

219.jpg.cd482324d41852e19701ff59072f311f.jpg

FYI, the updated MCU Giant Man figure is also hitting Gamestop stores.