Hulu Turns Down 'Marvel's Ghost Rider' Live-Action Series

Outsiders

10 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Keep in mind that the Ghost Rider is largely unseen when he's behind the wheel of the car so that saves a lot of CGI.  That was part of the rationale for using a car on AoS, from what i've read. But yeah, its all moot anyhow.

You make a great point, certainly from the budget side. At the same time, its that kind of reluctance on the part of the studio, that has me concerned about bringing Ghost Rider to the screen at all.  I worry they would do a cheap job which ruins the experience. For me, anyway.

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:34 AM, leokearon said:

Agents of SHIELD the b######d child of the MCU. 

Yes, and they didn't have to be. At least ABC let them stay on the air long after they should have been cancelled, so that's something. But there are a lot of holes...with SHIELD dismantled and on the run, how are they getting funded? Equipped?  Where's their authority coming from? The writers are basically crippled because there's little way for them to know what they can or cant do (during the downtime between movies) that wont jack up continuity.

I think they should have focused on what SHIELD does outside of involvement with super heroes. Of course you cant afford to get Sam Jackson now and then or even once a season. But you can do an arc with the younger Fury....post Capt Marvel, pre Avengers. Showing SHIELD's espionage missions, taking down organizations like AIM or the Zodiac cartel. There's just a lot of things they could've done, and sadly wound up with a lot of missed potential.

13 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Yes, and they didn't have to be. They got to stay on the air this long because of their connection to the MCU, even after SHIELD was dismantled. So how are they getting funded? Where's their authority coming from? The writers are basically crippled because there's little way for them to know what they can or cant do, during the downtime between movies that wont jack up continuity. I think they should have focused on what SHIELD does outside of involvement with super heroes. Of course you cant afford to get Sam Jackson now and then or even once a season. But you can do an arc with the younger Fury....post Capt Marvel, pre Avengers. Showing SHIELD's espionage missions, taking down organizations like AIM or the Zodiac cartel. There's just a lot of things they could've done, and sadly wound up with a lot of missed potential.

What I meant was that it is in the MCU but the MCU ignores it.

Still you have a point, some flashback tales would have been cool

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 7:55 PM, SpiderS said:

I am actually glad this happened, Ghost Riders deserves to be part of MCU proper, maybe appear in 3rd Doctor Strange movie or Blade movie, he’s too good of a character to be on Tv screen same with with Daredevil. 

Exactly, it woulda been a sad thing if GR, still a major player in the Marvel Comics Universe were exiled to the Hulu corner or the Disney combine. He deserves a proper place in the MCU, but Disney suddenly has this policy of not portraying Occult type symbolisms in their productions (at least not overtly), so it may never happen. It looks like Hulu is the destination where all the shows involving paranormal or demon type characters are going to find their home, but I'm hoping this "pass" was a coordinated effort that will eventually lead to bigger things for one of my favorite characters. Either way, Johnny Blaze has been done (poorly, sorry Nick) Robbie's been done (bad story, sorry Gabriel) and with Disney's affinity for not crossing network boundaries (not sure why it's such a big deal if you own all those networks) I'm hoping Danny will get his shot either at Disney+ or the MCU. Of course, I'm sure his back story will be toned down a little to make him some kind of alien or science experiment gone wrong, but whatever. Make it good and we'll all watch