Who Wants a ML Vintage Wave Storm?!

monron999

Okay, anyone else tired of all those "contests" all over the internet that have oddly simplistic, non specific, purposely vague rules that never have a winner announced and no one knows anyone who's won or even knows anyone who knows anyone who's won? Well this ain't one of those.

Here she is. Happened on a freshly stocked display at my local Best Buy when I saw this beauty. I picked an extra one up for myself and remembered how many of my fellow compatriots have had trouble locating her and picked up another for this give away. I must confess that it was a hard internal battle not to pick up a the last one for my own selfish reasons, but the better half took hold of me and I decided to leave it for someone less fortunate. But this baby is ready for the taking.

There's actually rules to this contest. Simple rules, yes, but at least it's some kind of guidelines, and I will actually be announcing the winner and asking he or she to verify publicly that the prize was recieved. I will provide free shipping for any winner within the continental United States, but I would ask that any international winners provide their own shipping costs and, more specifically, send their own shipping label. Sorry bout that, but needless to say, I've been bitten I the ayce a few times. I do owe someone from several years ago a 3.75" Horn Masked Iron Man, but it has since gone up in a house fire and if you're that person please contact me via PM and I'll see what I can do to get that squared away.

Now for the contest. As many of you know there are a hand full of conventions coming in the forthcoming October/November months and ML is supposed to have some more reveals during them. All you need to do is list 10 characters that you predict will be revealed and post them on this thread and the person with the most correct picks will win. Being specific about a version or era of the character would mean the difference between winning or losing. A example would be if AOA Rogue is revealed, but one person picked "Rogue" and one person picked "AOA Rogue", then both would technically be right, but the person that was more specific would own the tie-breaker. I will announce a winner and send out the package 2 weeks before Christmas so hopefully you will get your package before Santa visits. This got some pretty good response in the past and if w20190924_043227.thumb.jpg.183a3ba0c3cc0754c87ab5133775af77.jpge get enough action going I might have a few more treasures I my chest if he willing to part with. And if not, well if be all to happy to keep this little lady to myself.

UPDATE: the contest closes on Dec. 7 2019 and of will announce the winner the following Monday so the package will ship at least 2 full weeks before Christmas. Also in the case of multiple submissions I will accept only the first one, but feel free to change or edit that one till the first set of reveals rolls out.

1 hour ago, memocromatico said:

My money's on:

1. MCU Natasha Romanoff

2. MCU Yelena Belova

3. MCU Red Guardian

4. MCU Taskmaster

5. Ursa Major

6. Mr. Negative

7. Thunderbird

8. Banshee

9. Comic Winter Soldier

10. Grizzly

Anyway, I hope @mars396 wins.

Hey, anyone who wins can defer their winnings to anyone they see fit.

8 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Hey, anyone who wins can defer their winnings to anyone they see fit.

I'm seriously thinking about it. 

What date are you closing this contest on? I think you should add a date and limit the guessing to one per person, just so, you know, no one tries to abuse the system.

I have feelings about these guys

Stepford Cuckoos (we know this is coming)
MCU Taskmaster
MCU Red Gauardian
MCU Black Widow (Natasha, they ain't gonna spoil belova for us yet, since the movie is gonna show us whats up with her story)
MCU Thena (anglina jolie ..right)
MCU Ikaris
Mr. Negative (I feel it in the air he's coming, it seems evident, with all the PS4 figures)
Warpath (for some reason I feel we are getting him first in X-Force Attire, since the X-Force kick is on full movement)
AOA Rogue (AOA is coming she needs to be there)
AOA Apocalypse (see above explanation)

also I don't care to win this figure, if I did I also would rather it goes to someone who needs her.

Here are my guesses, but @mars396 gets the spoils if I win.

• Black Widow (MCU Romanov from Black Widow movie)
  • Human Torch (Storm)
  • Invisible Woman
  • Magneto (Age of Apocalypse)
  • Marrow
  • Mr. Fantastic
  • Rogue (Age of Apocalypse)
  • Stepford Cuckoos (Celeste, Irma, and Phoebe in Marvel Now schoolgirl outfit)
  • the Thing
  • Warpath (90s X-Force)

On 9/28/2019 at 4:29 PM, BludChylde said:

Stepford Cuckoos

MCU Black Widow (Black Widow movie)

Marrow (now that we have Blink she's one of my next wants)

AoA Wolverine

AoA Rogue

AoA Sabertooth

Feral

Warpath (X-Force)

Mr. Negative

Stan Lee (Come on Funko managed to release a Stan Lee Pop, Hasbro has got to get that BAF released)

AOA Wolvie has already been revealed

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

AOA Wolvie has already been revealed

spacer.png

Logan goes by Weapon X in the Age of Apocalypse. There was an entirely unrelated character in that setting, one of Apocalypse's hounds, who went by Wolverine. That's probably not what they meant, but if that super obscure character gets a toy, they should probably get credit for it.

4 hours ago, Benn said:

Logan goes by Weapon X in the Age of Apocalypse. There was an entirely unrelated character in that setting, one of Apocalypse's hounds, who went by Wolverine. That's probably not what they meant, but if that super obscure character gets a toy, they should probably get credit for it.

Yeah totally , but I presumed he probably ment Weapon X, as in Logan, I may have been wrong, I honestly totally wouldn't have remembered about that Mutant Hunting hound character Wolverine unless you brought it up, good attention to detail though maybe he did mean that character

43 minutes ago, BludChylde said:

When did that get revealed and how did I completely miss it? And completely forgot he went by Weapon X.

Same time as Morph and X-Man, but pictures of him didn't seem to be as widely circulated. It's totally reasonable to have missed him. You should double-down, though, and maintain that the other Wolverine is gonna show up in upcoming reveals. 🙂 His 616 counterpart had a toy in the 5" Toy Biz line, I think. Crule, right?

10 hours ago, Benn said:

Same time as Morph and X-Man, but pictures of him didn't seem to be as widely circulated. It's totally reasonable to have missed him. You should double-down, though, and maintain that the other Wolverine is gonna show up in upcoming reveals. 🙂 His 616 counterpart had a toy in the 5" Toy Biz line, I think. Crule, right?

I wasn't a huge fan of the AOA storyline (I'm still not, really) but did they actually establish that Crule and Wolverine (Earth-295) were analogs? That's crazy, I never even put that together though they do look very similar. Then again, I've never read the story all the way through. Just something about it never really appealed all that much to me.

As far as Crule goes, that figure was a diamond in the rough in the old Toybiz 5" line. I'd live to see him and Gideon redone in 6" form and maybe some other Externals like Selena and Saul. Hey, you could get double use outta that mold if they ever get around to doing Mandarin. Maybe in the Vintage waves or just as a pleasant surprise in an X-Force wave.

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

I wasn't a huge fan of the AOA storyline (I'm still not, really) but did they actually establish that Crule and Wolverine (Earth-295) were analogs? That's crazy, I never even put that together though they do look very similar. Then again, I've never read the story all the way through. Just something about it never really appealed all that much to me.

As far as Crule goes, that figure was a diamond in the rough in the old Toybiz 5" line. I'd live to see him and Gideon redone in 6" form and maybe some other Externals like Selena and Saul. Hey, you could get double use outta that mold if they ever get around to doing Mandarin. Maybe in the Vintage waves or just as a pleasant surprise in an X-Force wave.

I can't swear to it, but I always thought so, and it looks like several wikis came to the same conclusion. I always really liked the Crule toy too. The sculpt was spot-on. Maybe he'll show up in the Strong Guy wave.

Well, since were on the subject of who, what and when, I guess I'll throw my guesses into the mix. If I win I'll award it to the next closest.

1. Lady Deathstrike

2. Pyro

3 Maverick

4. AOA Rogue (more of a personal hope)

5. AOA Sabretooth

6. Falcon (classic)

7. Winter Soldier (comic)

8. US Agent (redo)

9. Speedball (I just got a feeling we're about to see more New Warriors)

10. Nimrod (don't know where he'll fall or what wave would be attached to it)

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

Well, since were on the subject of who, what and when, I guess I'll throw my guesses into the mix. If I win I'll award it to the next closest.

1. Lady Deathstrike

2. Pyro

3 Maverick

4. AOA Rogue (more of a personal hope)

5. AOA Sabretooth

6. Falcon (classic)

7. Winter Soldier (comic)

8. US Agent (redo)

9. Speedball (I just got a feeling we're about to see more New Warriors)

10. Nimrod (don't know where he'll fall or what wave would be attached to it)

gotta make some adjustments

3. X-Factor Wolfsbane

10. Meggan

• 3 months later...
On 9/27/2019 at 11:36 AM, monron999 said:

Okay, anyone else tired of all those "contests" all over the internet that have oddly simplistic, non specific, purposely vague rules that never have a winner announced and no one knows anyone who's won or even knows anyone who knows anyone who's won? Well this ain't one of those.

I wasn't going to harp on this at all, especially since you and I have had our fair share of differences, but I've been helping a new collector figure out and prioritize X-Men purchases, and I know he'd love to get his hands on this. Obviously, you're under no obligation to honour anything, but I figured I'd dredge this up and see what you were thinking.

On 9/27/2019 at 11:36 AM, monron999 said:

UPDATE: the contest closes on Dec. 7 2019 and of will announce the winner the following Monday so the package will ship at least 2 full weeks before Christmas. Also in the case of multiple submissions I will accept only the first one, but feel free to change or edit that one till the first set of reveals rolls out.

4 hours ago, Benn said:

I wasn't going to harp on this at all, especially since you and I have had our fair share of differences, but I've been helping a new collector figure out and prioritize X-Men purchases, and I know he'd love to get his hands on this. Obviously, you're under no obligation to honour anything, but I figured I'd dredge this up and see what you were thinking.

You are 100 percent right, sir. Truth is I forgot all about this thing. I had done similar contests many years ago to much more participation. I was just trying to drum up some of the old time fun we used to have in this place in the past, but it didn't catch on. It's a damn shame too cuz I have a lot of great stuff that would have made awesome prizes. Guess I'll try on the FB groups. I squirreled this figure away and really have no reason to keep it. Hit me up on PM with your friends info and I'll get it in the mail in the next few days. Thanks for keeping me honest.

Also, if anyone else thinks they honestly won, feel free to hit me up. I'm sure we can make some arrangements to make it right.