2019 NYCC - Hasbro Marvel Legends Reveals Images

Wheel-Jack

Warpath & Sunspot? Ohhh ho ho hoo yeaaah 2 steps closer to my 90s Domino 🤣 .

Super thrilled for Doom no matter what, but the F4 team I'm not really feeling in those costumes. I just want a classic Torch to finish my classic team, personally.

and I couldn't resist putting an order in for x2 Stan Lees either 😁

I'm probably one of the few who is appreciating the nod to the old TRU Warpath/Deadpool 2 packs with this particular version of DP. Like I said in another thread, this DP is a hella lot better than the X-Trainee and Boxers DP from the Lykos wave. IMO Warpath is outta scale with the rest of X-Force as he was portrayed in the 90's comic as even taller than Colossus, but accurate scale is not something I've expected from Hasbro for some time now (though they do occasionally get it right), so as long as he's taller than the rest of the team I'm cool. Not particularly fond of these FF costumes, but whaddaya gonna do, there's 4 of them. The possibilities aren't all that endless unless you're changing the costumes every once in a while. So, now that the FF and Spider-Man are all back where they belong, can we pleeeease have a Bag Man already? Seriously, it's just Reed from the Walgreen's exclusive with a paper bag head sculpt and standard Spidey hands. They could actually just include those swap parts with any figure in the wave to be used on the afore mentioned Reed, but then the people who missed out on the Walgreen's figure would get hosed. I know it's crazy for me to criticize Boxers DP and praise Bag Man in the same post but it's part of Legendary Marvel Lore. Bag Man was the progenitor of goofy gimmicks and silly gimmicks like X-Trainee DP are just striving for some of that status.

I am so happy that I got that Dr Doom Iron Man with the unmasked head, it will look Awesome on this one. Finally a War Path, and Thing, I have been going crazy trying to find a Thing to complete my Walgreens exclusive line. Also the Johnny Storm head will go well with the Flame on Johnny Storm from that line. I am happy about the new X Force Deadpool, even though Everyone shits on Deadpools, I have the Toybiz version of this still in great shape, but starting a brand new X Force with that Strong Man BAF is Awesome!!

1 hour ago, mako said:

I'm perfectly happy with the A-Force version, so depending on who/what the BAF is, I may skip She-Gray here.

Am I the only one looking at the FF suits and seeing blue pajamas? Oh well, screw fashion, we finally get a matching team, non-phasing Invisible Woman, and a powered down Human Torch. This may be the FF I've always dreamed of.

I'm skipping this She-Hulk since I hate the look and the way the character was treated, also I'm happy with the A-Force version.

While it's really cool that we are getting a whole wave dedicated to the Fantastic Four, I'm kind of meh on this wave so far. I'm not big on the uniforms they don't look bad but I would have preferred the Byrne era Blue and white or even the Future Foundation uniforms. There's something about Dr. Doom maybe it's the long tunic or the sculpted details on the armor that doesn't quite look right to me but still it looks to be the gem of this wave. I'm actually quite happy with my Blob wave She-Hulk and this new one doesn't appeal to me. I'm curious to see what the BAF will be, fingers crossed for a classic armored Ronan. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come and we get some more FF waves with Frankie Raye Nova, Red Ghost, Diablo, etc. I'm actually surprised that Hasbro didn't sneak in a Victorious in this wave.

22 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

I STILL feel like we haven't gotten a definitive She-Hulk, we've had one or two come close, but none stand out as THE She-Hulk to have...

Never cared for She-Hulk, but regardless I want all figures to be portrayed accurately. What do you feel should the definitive character look like? This one would be ok to me, but I didn't even know she went thru a gray phase, so clearly I don't know enough about her to know what is/is not "correct". And the jeans here have too many rips in them (IMO).

34 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Never cared for She-Hulk, but regardless I want all figures to be portrayed accurately. What do you feel should the definitive character look like? This one would be ok to me, but I didn't even know she went thru a gray phase, so clearly I don't know enough about her to know what is/is not "correct". And the jeans here have too many rips in them (IMO).

I just meant in the sense of skin color, face sculpt, and articulation, the Blob series She Hulk had a great face sculpt but those ugly ball joint hips, and the A-Force box set version had a bland, expressionless face and the green was too dark, this one is a pretty recent version, but it isn't smiling, confident Jenn, its rage filled Hulk...if that makes sense...

2 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

I just meant in the sense of skin color, face sculpt, and articulation, the Blob series She Hulk had a great face sculpt but those ugly ball joint hips, and the A-Force box set version had a bland, expressionless face and the green was too dark, this one is a pretty recent version, but it isn't smiling, confident Jenn, its rage filled Hulk...if that makes sense...

Thanks! After I did some brush up research on her, it would seem your view is shared by a lot of other She-Hulk fans. So if Hasbro had just redone the blob series Jen using current molds and articulation (she could have double jointed elbows this time around) that would be best, yes?

17 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Thanks! After I did some brush up research on her, it would seem your view is shared by a lot of other She-Hulk fans. So if Hasbro had just redone the blob series Jen using current molds and articulation (she could have double jointed elbows this time around) that would be best, yes?

Oh, indeed

9 hours ago, mako said:

The battle scars on the gray are a turn-off as well. As for how the character was treated, Marvel's treatment of its characters ( and the ever growing crop of douche artist and writers) are why I got out of comics almost 30 years ago.

I agree with that

Asides from a very select few characters from the 90s, the SDCC & now NYCC ML reveals have been very underwhelming for me. I'm more a Bronze age 70s-80s fan. I'm happy for those of you that did dig the 90s Marvel comic s era, but bout 80% of the reveals are  a huge pass for me. Only figures I'm getting so far in 2020 are Shang Chi, classic Vulture, Dr Doom & Warpath. From 19', I still have to get Forge, Beast, Spiderwoman, Thing & the Alpha Flight boxset which I pre-ordered. I refuse to pay scalper prices for Thing & Beast so if I never get them, so be it. AOA & X-Factor were meh characters for me. The sporting a jacket over your uniform look was just not appealing to me al all.

15 hours ago, leokearon said:

I agree with that

As do I, although I'm still reading comics. Its getting harder to justify spending on them, because the writers are drek and they clearly have little idea or interest on how to make stories more compelling.

No, universe-destroying cross over after cross over event is not the answer. Totally changing the character for no reason, is not the answer. Inserting retcon family members or retcon origin backgrounds rarely work, and are not the answer (what is the POINT of trying to say Stark's mom and dad aren't his parents??). Killing off a character, or a world, or a universe, just to get rid of a history timeline we all grew up with and YOU (the hack writer) don't understand because we don't put 20-40 years of continuity into something your 2 minute sound byte mentality can grasp, is not the answer.

Ok, rant over....

2 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Asides from a very select few characters from the 90s, the SDCC & now NYCC ML reveals have been very underwhelming for me. I'm more a Bronze age 70s-80s fan. I'm happy for those of you that did dig the 90s Marvel comic s era, but bout 80% of the reveals are  a huge pass for me. Only figures I'm getting so far in 2020 are Shang Chi, classic Vulture, Dr Doom & Warpath. From 19', I still have to get Forge, Beast, Spiderwoman, Thing & the Alpha Flight boxset which I pre-ordered. I refuse to pay scalper prices for Thing & Beast so if I never get them, so be it. AOA & X-Factor were meh characters for me. The sporting a jacket over your uniform look was just not appealing to me al all.

Just an FYI...Beast is still available at BBTS. I just ordered one. As for SPIDERWOMAN, if it's Julia Carpenter your after, there is one at my local Wal-Mart I'd be happy to pick up for you. Let me know!

That She-Hulk is great. If there is one thing that's true about Hulk Marvel Legends, we get a lot of variations of the same character. I like this one and hope they keep giving us more. I haven't really been satisfied 100% with any of the She-Hulks to date. Some are better than others but I think this new figure looks really well done and is a step in the right direction.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 7:02 PM, Atlantis said:

As do I, although I'm still reading comics. Its getting harder to justify spending on them, because the writers are drek and they clearly have little idea or interest on how to make stories more compelling.

No, universe-destroying cross over after cross over event is not the answer. Totally changing the character for no reason, is not the answer. Inserting retcon family members or retcon origin backgrounds rarely work, and are not the answer (what is the POINT of trying to say Stark's mom and dad aren't his parents??). Killing off a character, or a world, or a universe, just to get rid of a history timeline we all grew up with and YOU (the hack writer) don't understand because we don't put 20-40 years of continuity into something your 2 minute sound byte mentality can grasp, is not the answer.

Ok, rant over....

I mainly stick to just daredevil as far as ongoing books go, he is usually safe from the big crossovers and universe spanning plots

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Sadly not safe from lame writers still trying to cash in on great story lines that came before. Exposing his secret ID to the world and having him run around in a red 3 piece suit was silly....the recent storyline where he's getting the crap beat out of him by just any ol normal guy on the street is equally ridiculous....this is a guy who bashed through swarms of ninjas. He couldn't lose his skills this much. On another, more Marvel Legends related note: when do you think the "armored" DD suit is coming? We know it is....

The 3-piece suit from the Waid and Samnee run was purposefully silly, since it helped show how Matt was not handling well his attempt to consolidate his two lives. I mean, the splash page that revealed that look was accompanied by a little blurb of Matt's then-girlfriend face-palming. As for Chip Zdarsky's current run, it's fantastic.

5 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Sadly not safe from lame writers still trying to cash in on great story lines that came before. Exposing his secret ID to the world and having him run around in a red 3 piece suit was silly....the recent storyline where he's getting the crap beat out of him by just any ol normal guy on the street is equally ridiculous....this is a guy who bashed through swarms of ninjas. He couldn't lose his skills this much. On another, more Marvel Legends related note: when do you think the "armored" DD suit is coming? We know it is....

bowen-designs---marvel-super-heroes-statue---daredevil--armored--on-gargoyle--loose--p-image-345485-grande.jpg

I want armoured DD